Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: [DOM] Dominaria (Spring 2018)

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: [DOM] Dominaria (Spring 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Maro is currently throwing a shitfit on his blog because people are voicing their concerns about making Dominara a mishmash of old stuff, taking away its unique identity. That, and complaining what a shitty character Jace is. Highly entertaining.
    Pls.

Its going to be Planeswalkers, ~90% of cards with the word "creature" written on it, new Kicker-variants and the Jacetice League saving the day
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Pls.

Its going to be Planeswalkers, ~90% of cards with the word "creature" written on it, new Kicker-variants and the Jacetice League saving the day
    It was hilarious watching all the Kappas in chat when LSV mentioned how much everyone loves the jacetice league on stream last weekend.

Maybe this is a bit off-topic, but what does "world of hats" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    This has the potential to be good, hope they dont fuck up this time.

Hoping for a gamechanger for goblin and slivers, and some love for elves
    Slivers <3 Let's hope

Quote Originally Posted by Memories of the Time View Post
    Slivers <3 Let's hope
    I'm just hoping for Grizzly Bears.

Bear Tribal would be... my dream. Their lord needs to be 2G All bears get +2/+2 and trample.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Maybe this is a bit off-topic, but what does "world of hats" mean?
    It refers to a world with basically one defining characteristic. The "A Piece of the Action" episode of Star Trek is a great example: An entire world defined by gangster archetypes. Actually, the Star Trek series in general are rather guilty of this, with a planet (or an entire race) having one theme or characteristic that seems to apply to everything, like how everything about Ferengi society is about the acquisition of wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    It refers to a world with basically one defining characteristic. The "A Piece of the Action" episode of Star Trek is a great example: An entire world defined by gangster archetypes. Actually, the Star Trek series in general are rather guilty of this, with a planet (or an entire race) having one theme or characteristic that seems to apply to everything, like how everything about Ferengi society is about the acquisition of wealth.
    Thanks. I did finally find it on TV Tropes. Internet search seems to be going to pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Well yeah, they are governed by the Rules of Acquisition, you bet your ass their society is based around acquisition.

"A Farengi without profit is no Farengi at all"- 21st Rule of Acquisition.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    Bear Tribal would be... my dream. Their lord needs to be 2G All bears get +2/+2 and trample.

All bears get +1+1 and tap to fight.
    -rob

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Should be first strike not trample

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Looks like first strike AND trample to me.... and rampage.... and double strike... and fear, and menace, maybe even wither.

I agree, Bears are an underdeveloped and neglected tribe which would certainly be an asset as long as they dont mix them up with other types like they did with other tribes. Just imagine what a huge turn-off something like a 'Bear Wizard' would be. I always loved the simplicity of the bear tribe and the suggested cards above would perfectly fit into it, especially the +2/+2 one. Unfortunately, telling from the cards spoiled so far, their focus seems to lay on 'dinosaurs' which couldn't be any more corny.

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

I think the issue is literally that Bears were always 2/2, but wolves are 2/2 in most cases. They don't want to make them 3/3 because that's what "Beasts" are and the history of bears as 2/2 may look bad or something; but 2/2 feels dumb because wolves are 2/2. I think if bears were 2/3 standard, that would fix this oddity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

What's the chances of Yawgmoth coming back and us getting a Yawgmoth planeswalker?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Pittplayer View Post
    What's the chances of Yawgmoth coming back and us getting a Yawgmoth planeswalker?
    Yawgmoth is completely dead. And he was never a planeswalker to begin with. His legacy lives on in form of the black goo that made New Phyrexia.

Because Yawgmoth, belonging to the black side of the colorwheel, being dead is a problem? And he can't be resurrected and become a Planewalker? I don't see it as so out there of an idea. And I would play the heck out of an Yawgmoth planewalker. God forbid wizards ever does anything cool with their planeswalkers.. cause I need like a 10th Jace..

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Take me back to the goddamned Brothers' War.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Pittplayer View Post
    Because Yawgmoth, belonging to the black side of the colorwheel, being dead is a problem? And he can't be resurrected and become a Planewalker? I don't see it as so out there of an idea. And I would play the heck out of an Yawgmoth planewalker. God forbid wizards ever does anything cool with their planeswalkers.. cause I need like a 10th Jace..
    Phyrexians can't become planeswalkers. Full stop. Those are mutually exclusive.

Karn even lost his own spark when he got corrupted in the New Phyrexia arc. His current spark is Venser's.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Well yeah, they are governed by the Rules of Acquisition, you bet your ass their society is based around acquisition.

"A Farengi without profit is no Farengi at all"- 21st Rule of Acquisition.
    LOL that's the point though, the whole species was left up to the whim of some writer somewhere and they decided that 100% of all Ferengi everywhere are pretty much beholden to one set of morals - it'd be like if 100% of humanity were Buddhists, or if we all had American values but only cared about amassing a giant collection of firearms. We're demonstrably more diverse than that, but alien species are seldom described with such richness, it's typically "Ferengi greedy! Klingons fight! Romulans scheme!" And this describes 99% of their population save the one or two outliers that pop up for an episode and are conveniently disposed of
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Thread Information