Thread: GP Vegas Tournament Report - Food Chain (47th place)

GP Vegas Tournament Report - Food Chain (47th place)

Hey everybody!

I would appreciate any feedback or constructive criticism. Below is a link to my tournament report, thanks in advance!

http://www.atxmtg.net/viewtopic.php?...64&p=978#p978v

Dec 2012
    Rockville, MD

Re: GP Vegas Tournament Report - Food Chain (47th place)

Quote Originally Posted by Spopavich View Post
    Hey everybody!

I would appreciate any feedback or constructive criticism. Below is a link to my tournament report, thanks in advance!

http://www.atxmtg.net/viewtopic.php?...64&p=978#p978v
    'He had 1 card in hand, and stifled my Food Chain trigger to buy him a turn.'

I hope this didn't happen, because I don't believe you can actually do that.

Quote Originally Posted by jarvisyu View Post
    'He had 1 card in hand, and stifled my Food Chain trigger to buy him a turn.'

I hope this didn't happen, because I don't believe you can actually do that.
    Correct. Food Chain's activated ability is a mana ability (it adds mana to your mana pool and doesn't have any targets) and therefore can't be Stifled.

After I reveal my Pithing Needle, I ask him plainly "I can call a Judge over, but I'll just ask you. Does naming Vampire Hexmage with Pithing Needle stop you from using his ability?". Now you see, I knew that it was effective, I just wanted to judge his reaction. He needs to work on his poker face. Not only did it work, it almost seemed like he was encouraging it! So I cast Pithing Needle naming Thespian's Stage. I watch his face sink as he untaps and plays a Thespian Stage from his hand. I win with Griffins and Deathrite Shaman.
    savage
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Decent run . . . but how did you and Robin do in the Sealed Two-Headed Giant event?

In addition to the Stifle gaffe you also can't use Misdirection on Searing Blaze (which you did in round 9) because Searing Blaze is a spell with 2 targets

Searing Blaze deals 1 damage to target player and 1 damage to target creature that player controls.

Landfall — If you had a land enter the battlefield under your control this turn, Searing Blaze deals 3 damage to that player and 3 damage to that creature instead.
    You may exile a blue card from your hand rather than pay Misdirection's mana cost.

Change the target of target spell with a single target.

Thread Information