Thread: [Deck] Foretold Stompy

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Re: [Deck] Foretold Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Can you use As Foretold to cast spells exiled by Chandra, Torch of Defiance's first ability?

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by genuine fugazi View Post
    Can you use As Foretold to cast spells exiled by Chandra, Torch of Defiance's first ability?
    Yep! As long as it meets the requirements of As Fortold (Eg you couldn't cast a Jace with As Fortold with 3 or less counters).

Unfortunately it looks like the videos from Channel Fireball have been taken down. I only skimmed over them, but I think some audio was corrupted. Quite a shame.
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefaces View Post
    Yep! As long as it meets the requirements of As Fortold (Eg you couldn't cast a Jace with As Fortold with 3 or less counters).
    Cool, thanks.

Faced this deck twice in a row while going through a league with Tin Fins. Wish I had Serenity in my SB

Alright; you guys have my convinced to try this out. All I needed to pick up was the playset of As Foretold and that seemed like a card thats going to get broken one day anyways, so that's an easy buy.

Is there any streaming of this around to watch? I know the CFB stuff was taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by walked View Post
    Alright; you guys have my convinced to try this out. All I needed to pick up was the playset of As Foretold and that seemed like a card thats going to get broken one day anyways, so that's an easy buy.

Is there any streaming of this around to watch? I know the CFB stuff was taken down.
    Me and my friend streamed a league to a 5-0 result on twitch. A youtube video can be found here; https://youtu.be/bymwHhHIJHg

I will occasionally stream at twitch.tv/truckis123

prob going live now.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Faced this deck twice in a row while going through a league with Tin Fins. Wish I had Serenity in my SB
    Funny you say that, we've been joking that we'll play 'Serenity Miracles' to beat this

Serenity doesn't help that much since tgis work with 0 counters, right?

Enviado de meu SM-G900MD usando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by procobrito View Post
    Serenity doesn't help that much since tgis work with 0 counters, right?
    You must be thinking of Solemnity.

You must be thinking of Solemnity.
    ops, my bad

The deck looks really fun, congrats;.

Bottled Cloister couldn't be a nice add against discard and with esnaring bridge?

Or Academy Ruins to recover artifact (aka Engineered Explosives) or protect you against extraction? Tormod's Crypt could be an option against extraction too, right? The Tabernacle and Inventors' Fair looks nice too but they don't add much with blood moon in play.

What do you think about Lotus Vale at later game? This could stax even more with balance... well in fact this interact really really bad with blood moon too.

Edit: another thing that would be really cool instead of defensive grip: In the Eye of Chaos, since your only sorcerer and instant cost 0, and this protect you agaisnt storm, burn and all the rest... the only way to this deck be even cooler is if you put Invoke Prejudice too, lol.

G2-3, how the heck do we beat a Chalice 0? I'm wondering if 1-2 Ancient Grudge's should be in board & maybe a solo Tropical Island in the 75?

I think ingot chewer or fiery confluence would be better in this deck.

Words of War could be a win condition? Looks nice with Jace or Vision when you don't need more cards in hand

Parallax Tide would be funny too, removing your own lands before hit the target with balance lol. But this is probably way to slow for legacy.

Sunken Hope could work as a worse blue The Abyss in this deck? I guess this is a bad idea against "enter the battlefield" creatures.

Anyone playing this who can share some recent updates? Thinking of trying out the deck, as it looks really sweet (perhaps not great, but really sweet).

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by lime View Post
    Anyone playing this who can share some recent updates? Thinking of trying out the deck, as it looks really sweet (perhaps not great, but really sweet).
    Mackan and myself are still working on it. The MD has mostly stayed the same as I think that's very solid, but the sb has needed a lot of work. We've been trying Fiery Confluences which have been good, but I think Abrade is going to be exceptional in the deck, need to grab a few online. Defense Grids have been overperforming, Force of Wills not.

Mackan has been playing it a lot more than me though, I'll let him chime in soon

Surgical extraction woudn't be a nice add? You can get your first spell countered by a FoW, but you'll remove all 4 copies from the game. Help against storm, reanimator, lands and so

Enviado de meu SM-G900MD usando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefaces View Post
    Mackan and myself are still working on it. The MD has mostly stayed the same as I think that's very solid, but the sb has needed a lot of work. We've been trying Fiery Confluences which have been good, but I think Abrade is going to be exceptional in the deck, need to grab a few online. Defense Grids have been overperforming, Force of Wills not.

Mackan has been playing it a lot more than me though, I'll let him chime in soon
    Thanks for the response! Abrade does seem like a really good addition to the deck.

I imagine that combo can be quite rough if you don't get to resolve an early Chalice. But I guess Sneak and Show must be among the worst, as even Chalice is not always that effective, they can play their own Blood Moons, and bridge will probably be bounced if they get to draw with Griselbrand. Well, I guess that's what Take Possession is for.

Jan 2017
    Baltimore MD

My take on As Foretold deck.

Turbo Stasis!!

2 Jace, the Mind Sculpture
    4 Stasis
    4 As Foretold
    1 Land Tax
    1 Kismet
    1 Frozen Aether
    4 Howling Mine
    1 Crucible of the Worlds
    1 Feldon's Cane
    1 Zuran Orb
    4 Ancestral Vision
    4 Restore Balance
    3 Boomerang
    2 Recall
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    3 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    3 Tundra
    3 Islands
    1 Plains
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Polluted Delta

SB
    X Black Vise
    X Ensare
    X Arcane Laboratory

Streamed another league with my friend Jesper. Was a good run again with some new things in the deck!

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Mackan View Post
    Streamed another league with my friend Jesper. Was a good run again with some new things in the deck!
    Can you post the new list?
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Thread Information