Thread: [Deck] Two Green

Threaded View

[Deck] Two Green

First off, this is flat out @Barook's idea. I'm just posting it because I came up with the awesome name - and I really love the concept. The name references the casting cost of the main spells in the deck. 2G.

The basic idea is to use Ranumap Excavator and Azusa, Lost but Seeking to pull off complete land annihilation on your opponent, while slowing them down with lock pieces.

So, here's a tentative list and some thoughts on it. Totally still developing, so feel free to share ideas and comments.

Creatures (17)
    4x Azusa, Lost but Seeking
    4x Ranumap Excavator
    4x Tireless Tracker
    4x Elvish Spirit Guide
    1x Wurmcoil Engine

Search/Filter (10)
    3x Sylvan Library
    3x Realms Uncharted
    4x Green Sun's Zenith

Artifacts (8)
    4x Chalice of the Void
    4x Mox Diamond

Lands (25)
    4x Ancient Tomb
    3x City of Traitors
    4x Wasteland
    1x Ghost Quarter
    4x Forest
    1x Verdant Catacombs
    1x Misty Rainforest
    1x Windswept Heath
    1x Wooded Foothills
    1x Dryad Arbor
    1x Thespian's Stage
    1x Dark Depths
    1x Inventor's Fair
    1x Horizon Canopy

Sideboard
    3x Krosan Grip
    4x Trinisphere
    4x Obstinate Baloth
    4x Ravenous Trap

I'm honestly not sure 4x Wasteland is the right call since the deck just plans to re-use the same lands over and over again. Replaced some of what would normally be basics with fetches to take advantage of Ranumap, Sylvan Library, and Tireless Tracker. Realms Uncharted is a bit of a wildcard, but it's a shuffle, it gets you a lot of lands, you're not super picky about whether or not they're in your hand or GY, and it lets you run some sweet singleton/combos, like the Stage/DD, Horizon Canopy, and Inventor's Fair. Decklist probably needs a Thragtusk or something maindeck for lifegain alongside the Wurmcoil Engine. With Inventor's Fair, adding a single Crucible of Worlds as a backup might be a good idea, but maybe just in the sideboard. Kind of feel like some Smuggler's Copter or Trinisphere, maybe Thorn of Amethyst.

Anyway, like I said, credit for the idea goes to Barook. I'm just trying to sketch out what a decklist might look like. 11 shuffles might not be enough for Library, but Realms pulls a massive 4 lands from your deck, and the longer the game goes, the thicker the GSZ's pile up in your deck.
    Last edited by morgan_coke; 06-27-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Thread Information