Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Two Green

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: [Deck] Two Green

I have ordered some stuff have it coming and I plan to mess around. I am thinking about G/W, with Peacekeeper, Thalia and Swords. Just looking at what I can use to patch the holes.

Anyone got any new insights?

Edit: thrown together

//Creatures:
    1 Azusa, Lost but Seeking
    1 Courser of Kruphix
    1 Eternal Witness
    2 Knight of the Reliquary
    4 Noble Hierarch
    1 Peacekeeper
    2 Ramunap Excavator
    3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    2 Tireless Tracker
    1 Titania, Protector of Argoth

//Enchantments:
    2 Sylvan Library

//Sorceries:
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Living Wish

//Artifacts:
    4 Mox Diamond
    3 Smokestack

//Lands:
    4 Ancient Tomb
    1 Dryad Arbor
    2 Forest
    2 Ghost Quarter
    1 Horizon Canopy
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Plains
    4 Savannah
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Wooded Foothills

//Sideboard:
    4 Chalice of the Void
    1 Intrepid Hero
    1 Karakas
    1 Peacekeeper
    1 Ramunap Excavator
    2 Reclamation Sage
    2 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    Last edited by Dice_Box; 07-24-2017 at 08:21 AM.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

@Dice

I like taking it in kind of a Maverick direction. Only thing I'd add is you should think about Thalia, Heretic Cathar as well as guardian. A 1st turn Cathar (mox + tomb) is just gg vs fetchland.dec They don't untap with mana until t3 that way.

Mar 2013

As much as I like the idea, I don't know where it fits. Thalia is a concession to Combo just running over my build. Heretic might fit the fair plan better but I don't know if I can really make the cuts needed to add in another fair hate card.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

you dont need her if you just add trinisphere to the deck!
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

I'm enjoying my build much better since replacing TKS with Ballista and adding a higher ratio of Ghost Quarters (over Wasteland). Added a Titania, 2 Nissa Vital Force, and 2 oddball Song of the Dryads.

Had a game that was me with T1 Trinisphere, T2 Ramunap, T3 Azusa and triple Ghost Quarter.
    Even a Deathrite on the field isn't scary. At least, they don't often expect GSZ for Azusa and then immediately play land from grave!

I've added a second Titania as well to the deck, I think she fits in here like butter. At least the mono-green versions that are more oriented to locking down the game (Trinisphere). Titania plus Ghost Quarter is an amazing combination, and any other form of graveyard recursion to supplement Ramunap is great. I'm choosing 2 Nissa, Vital Force since she can recur other helpful things and also do a pseudo-Reality Smasher impression. So long as you have a Chalice to protect Titania from StP/Bolt then you can easily just overwhelm the opp with a fast army of 5/3 tokens.

Edit: One point in favor of Trinisphere, I've found, is the density of Clues that we can generate. Every additional 2 mana can be used to draw cards - it helps alleviate the potential inefficiency of having the 'sphere out.

So after some more testing, recent thoughts from my side.

Living Wish: Too clunky in my eyes. Until now, I think the only way to get this running is in a green Stax shell with mainboard Ensnaring Bridge.

Mono Green works fine for me with 8x Sol land, which is nice with Thought-Knot Seer. Still, sometimes a land tutor would be nice.

As soon we splash another color, I think we need to reduce the sol land count, which always makes me unhappy when playing Chalice of the Void.

The white splash can be amazing, since old/new Thalias and Knight are very strong with Crucible Snake. I'm not sure if it should be a Maverick shell without Chalice but the Maverik one drops and perhaps some Moxen, but then this should probably be discussed in the Maverik thread? Or some kind of Thalia Stompy with Chalice and green for Knight and Crucible Snake..?

Overall I'm very happy with the Crucible Snake but some form of protection is needed, otherwise the deckplan gets disrupted way too easy. My main question here is Chalice/3sphere vs. Chalice/Thalia vs. Thalia/Mom...?^^

Mar 2013

I am thinking about pushing a Thalia/Thorn set up as protection. I have done some hands with Heritic, I am not unimpressed... Double negative intended.

Edit.
    My original plan for white was cards like Peacekeeper, if we push hard in that direction I feel Peacekeeper is best discarded. We start looking at a Tempo style Stax build with less of a hard lock but also less prone to lose to its own inability to close a match. That is if Stax as a card fits. But the more you strip away, the most it looks like existing shells that have just been updated and less it's own beast.

Has anyone tried out a Black splash for cards like Diabolic edict and engineered plague? been working on one after I played vs Square_Two on mtgo and discovered this thread.
    Solnox on MTGO

Miracles is a good matchup for depths. Quote me on this

Griselbrand is not an interesting creature.

Dread it. Run from it. Marit Lage still arrives

Jul 2013
    Texas

I started working on this last night, but I don't have any 3balls so gotta go pick them up today.

I am playing Phyrexian Revoker and Smuggler's Copter for additional t1 plays. Copter flies over stuff and filters our hand a bit, you can also stuff an Excavator in there so you don't have to expose it to combat. Revoker turns off DRS and other stuff. I'll post a list when I settle on it. Put together a rudimentary version and Ramunap/Tracker is really insane.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    I started working on this last night, but I don't have any 3balls so gotta go pick them up today.

I am playing Phyrexian Revoker and Smuggler's Copter for additional t1 plays. Copter flies over stuff and filters our hand a bit, you can also stuff an Excavator in there so you don't have to expose it to combat. Revoker turns off DRS and other stuff. I'll post a list when I settle on it. Put together a rudimentary version and Ramunap/Tracker is really insane.
    Seems sick. Would love to see how close to my initial list it is.

As for black splash, seems good to me. Fetches with crucible man help you hit lands drops. I was thinking of this same thought for plague and stuff yesterday. Any thought to To The Slaughter over edict? It's nice to fight walkers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

// 60 Maindeck
    // 8 Artifact
    4 Mox Diamond
    4 Chalice of the Void

// 20 Creature
    3 Ramunap Excavator
    2 Walking Ballista
    2 Tireless Tracker
    1 Courser of Kruphix
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Titania, Protector of Argoth
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Deathrite Shaman

// 2 Enchantment
    2 Sylvan Library

// 25 Land
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    1 Horizon Canopy
    4 Wasteland
    1 Ghost Quarter
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Forest
    4 Llanowar Wastes
    1 Bayou

// 1 Planeswalker
    1 Garruk Relentless

// 4 Sorcery
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Life from the Loam

// 15 Sideboard
    // 2 Artifact
    SB: 2 Thorn of Amethyst

// 2 Creature
    SB: 2 Phyrexian Revoker

// 7 Enchantment
    SB: 2 Choke
    SB: 4 Leyline of the Void
    SB: 1 Engineered Plague

// 3 Instant
    SB: 1 Warping Wail
    SB: 2 Diabolic Edict

// 1 Land
    SB: 1 Karakas

Heres my first draft that I've been playing around with on cockatrice as I don't own the stompy pieces on mtgo.

Toxic Deluge could be a consideration but that wraths your own dudes.
    Solnox on MTGO

Jul 2013
    Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Seems sick. Would love to see how close to my initial list it is.

As for black splash, seems good to me. Fetches with crucible man help you hit lands drops. I was thinking of this same thought for plague and stuff yesterday. Any thought to To The Slaughter over edict? It's nice to fight walkers.
    Oh jeez, sorry, I didn't even see that. I mean I guess we have similar taste so I'm not that surprised but I should've looked at your list instead of just throwing random cards into a pile last night haha.

One thing I like about copter is that you can t1 it, it's unlikely to be killed, then you can play chalice into fetch Dryad Arbor the next turn to crew and start ripping through your deck.

On the splash, I think we pretty much have to play Dismember, though it hurts a bit with Ancient Tomb, so that's an argument to have a couple Bayou anyway. Then you also get access to Decay and even, like, Thoughtseize/Push to have early interaction besides Chalice. With the Tombs and Dismembers I keep an Obstinate Baloth and Thragtusk in the deck as well. I even considered Birthing Pod but it seems hard to get going without a 1-drop to sac.

I feel that a Vraska would be good if I played the black splash. Being able to deal with random permanents while being a potential win con seems good.
    Solnox on MTGO

Here's a list I've been messing with. G/W Stax variant. Kind of a different style that most Stax lists but it sneaks up on people pretty nicely. Didn't want to post a new thread and I figured this is the closest existing thread to the idea behind my deck.

4 Exploration
    3 DRS
    4 Mox Diamond

4 GSZ
    4 Crop Rotation

4 Armageddon
    4 Smoke Stack

3 Tireless Tracker
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Renegade Rallier

1 Ramunap Excavator
    3 Life From the Loam / Crucible (can't decide which I prefer)

8 Fetch
    4 Gemstone Mine
    4 Wasteland
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Karakas
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Downyard Temple
    1 God's Eye
    2 Forest
    1 Plains

Basically I'm trying to power out Smoke Stack with Exploration rather than Sol Lands. And I want to tick up to 2 or 3 rather than keeping it at 1. Best draws are turn two Smoke Stack. Turn three Geddon loaming back my lands. This usually leads to a scoop.

Tracker is a beast in this list. Once you have land recursion you will generate essentially infinite clue tokens which allows you to sustain a 2 or even 3 counter Smokestack very easily.

I really like having the Crop Rotation and GSZ toolbox. If you properly setup for your meta you should be able to have answers for every situation. I guess there is the question of answering a planeswalker though. That doesn't seem as relevant right now though with the downtick in Jace decks.

I really want to make a transformational sideboard. Leaning toward dark depths. Something like:

4 Dark Depths
    4 Thespian's Stage
    4 Sylvan Scrying
    1 Barbarian Ring
    1 Rec Sage
    1 Tabernacle (not that I have or will get one lol)

MTGO name: Aggro4Life

Aug 2016
    Arizona, USA

Quote Originally Posted by MD.Ghost View Post
    @square_two i like your idea!

I would brew something like this for Barooks Thread:

// 60 Maindeck

// 13 Artifact
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Mox Diamond
    3 Smokestack
    3 Trinisphere

// 20 Creature
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Walking Ballista
    4 Tireless Tracker
    3 Ramunap Excavator
    3 Matter Reshaper
    2 Eternal Witness

// 3 Enchantment
    3 Sylvan Library

// 24 Land
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Wasteland
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 City of Traitors
    5 Forest
    3 Misty Rainforest
    2 Ghost Quarter

// 15 Sideboard
    SB: 2 Reclamation Sage
    SB: 3 Faerie Macabre
    SB: 3 Kitchen Finks
    SB: 2 Choke
    SB: 3 Warping Wail
    SB: 2 Garruk Relentless

It stays Monogreen, features new Crucible-Guy, Landdestruction, Combodisruption, Removal and Smokestack-Abuse via Tracker-Clues or Reshaper too. Ballista itself is the only "endgame" stuff but it simply is a nice manasink and can be online turn 1 - on top its colorless. Sideboard is a quick sketch but should adress most matchups. I tried to avoid to many 1off ideas or toys - it is more streamlined.
    I played this to a 2-3 result in a MTGO League. Biggest takeaway was the lack of a sweeper. I died in the delver matchup to flipped delvers and in one of the TES games to Empty. Died vs the first S&S to Omni > Emmy and Sneak'd Emmy.

Matches:
    Rd1: 2-0 Infect (Ballista too good XD)
    Rd2: 1-2 Grixis Delver (green splash, no basics)
    Rd3: 0-2 TES
    Rd4: 1-2 Omni Sneak and Show
    Rd5: 2-0 Omni Sneak and Show (w/ Cunning Wish)

I can always call up replays if ppl have specific questions. How have Azusa and/or Titania builds been doing for people?

Quote Originally Posted by MDHackbert View Post
    I played this to a 2-3 result in a MTGO League. Biggest takeaway was the lack of a sweeper. I died in the delver matchup to flipped delvers and in one of the TES games to Empty.
    [...]
    I can always call up replays if ppl have specific questions. How have Azusa and/or Titania builds been doing for people?
    For sweepers in mono green: Ratched Bomb or Engineered Explosives should be good against Delver and Tokens. Shouldn't Storm already be a favourable matchup with 3ball and Chalice mainboard, at least on the play?

Titania is an awesome one-off with Green Sun's Zenith. Sol-lands help to cast Zenit for x=5 quickly and with Wasteland, Fetches and City of Traitors you quickly take over the board.
    Azusa is mad with Crucible Snake but sometimes she's just a dead card in your hand or a win-more card. Again max a one-off with tutor in my opinion...

MTGO name: Aggro4Life

Aug 2016
    Arizona, USA

Quote Originally Posted by P210 View Post
    For sweepers in mono green: Ratched Bomb or Engineered Explosives should be good against Delver and Tokens. Shouldn't Storm already be a favourable matchup with 3ball and Chalice mainboard, at least on the play?
    I keep the ground decently except against tokens, so EE may be what I'm looking for.

Against TES:
    G1 i didn't have a lock-piece opener.
    G2 i mulled hard. Found chalice but got emptied before i could land it for more than 0.

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Since many people run alot of Libraries, I wonder if anybody has tested the old-school combo with Abundance. Drawing 3 each turn while filtering out what you don't need sounds pretty good to me.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

It's not exactly what we've discussed here, but I went 3-1 with this list tonight. Felt surprisingly good. Lost to Depths. Combo in general is probably an issue. Beat Merfolk, Elves, and Maverick. I think it may need something over the shriekmaw, maybe another edict. Access to black for removal was real nice. May need a city of traitors or two, though making colored mana was already pretty awkward

Green Drazi:

Maindeck (61)
    1 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    3 Tarmogoyf
    2 Ramunap Excavator
    1 Reclamation Sage
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Reality Smasher
    1 Shriekmaw
    3 Fatal Push
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Collective Brutality
    1 To the Slaughter
    4 Mox Diamond
    3 Smuggler's Copter
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 Bayou
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Forest
    2 Hashep Oasis
    2 Hostile Desert
    3 Llanowar Wastes
    1 Swamp
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland
    1 Windswept Heath

Sideboard (15)
    3 Faerie Macabre
    1 Thragtusk
    2 Duress
    2 Krosan Grip
    2 Massacre
    1 Batterskull
    2 Choke
    2 Engineered Plague

Shared via TopDecked MTG https://www.topdecked.me/decks/e5290...0-cc7106377df5
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

How have the Deserts and Copters been for you? No Chalice obviously spells trouble against combo.

Has anybody the Loam list from Mats saved? It looked like the most reasonable one at dealing with creatures while not sacrificing too much game against the rest of the field.

Thread Information