I can see how something like bonus round, manamorphose and have a blue cantrip in your hand is very likely game over. I agree that Reforge is one of the best cards in the deck and best reasons to play this deck over the other storm variants. With the cantrips it's a lot easier to justify 4 maindeck. I'm tempted to run 4 maindeck and probably should, fetching for it with wish is probably not as good overall and can easily board 1 put vs the non blue decks. (where wish Reforge is pretty excellent, also led works better with Reforge when it's not being miracled.)

Your point about act on impulse is spot on. It is significantly worse without led. I would probably cut either the empty or a desperate for a gamble in this list. I think it provides a bit too much value with brainstorm and Reforge.

I'm not sure you'll need 4 volcanics, it might be better just to run 2 more fetches and keep 2 maindeck. I do see how having only 3 fetchable lands could be an issue. maybe 3 volc could be better with an extra fetch in there.

Do you have any match notes?

i'll goldfish a bunch with your 75 and see how it goes.

edit: after goldfishing a few games already, i can see this is an extremely powerful version of the deck. i think it loses some raw power without led, but the cantrips make bonus round + some mana more or less unbeatable.

very cool ideas here.

i just noticed i'm running the 4th ponder over the empty. i think this is probably better overall. (it could also be gamble)

gamble with bonus round (i've mentioned earlier in the thread) + ruby can lead to some dirty tricks.

tested about 15 games so far and am trying to find a compromise:

// 60 Maindeck
// 12 Artifact
4 Lotus Petal
4 Ruby Medallion
4 Lion's Eye Diamond

// 11 Instant
4 Manamorphose
4 Seething Song
4 Brainstorm

// 15 Land
4 Ancient Tomb
2 Mountain
3 Wooded Foothills
3 Volcanic Island
3 Scalding Tarn

// 22 Sorcery
3 Rite of Flame
4 Burning Wish
2 Past in Flames
1 Act on Impulse
3 Reforge the Soul
4 Bonus Round
4 Ponder

sb undetermined. i really like how brainstorm / aoi / led works together.

4 reforge is probably correct as you mentioned. i can move AoI to the sb as a wish target. prob could be excellent.

also not sure of sb but i think something like this could work:

// 60 Maindeck
// 12 Artifact
4 Lotus Petal
4 Ruby Medallion
4 Lion's Eye Diamond

// 8 Instant
4 Manamorphose
4 Seething Song

// 15 Land
4 Ancient Tomb
2 Mountain
2 Volcanic Island
4 Scalding Tarn
3 Sandstone Needle

// 25 Sorcery
3 Rite of Flame
4 Burning Wish
2 Past in Flames
4 Reforge the Soul
4 Bonus Round
4 Ponder
4 Act on Impulse

// 14 Sideboard
// 6 Artifact
SB: 4 Defense Grid
SB: 2 Silent Gravestone

// 8 Sorcery
SB: 1 Tendrils of Agony
SB: 1 Grapeshot
SB: 1 Empty the Warrens
SB: 1 Past in Flames
SB: 1 Fiery Confluence
SB: 1 Rite of Flame
SB: 1 Shattering Spree
SB: 1 Hazoret's Undying Fury

brainstorm is good with the miracle, but i think ponder is worth the blue splash. (brainstorm can be fantastic, but i think combining ponder into this deck adds a lot more value than stripped the led/aoi package).

will give it some more testing.

main thing for me is ponder helps the opening hands a lot better than brainstorm.