Necro kinda sorta, what a difference two months make.

A. a lot more time to play the deck on cockatrice recently

B. the fother mucking banned Underworld Breach

About the 2nd thing, I get why they did it, but it pisses me off to no end. Yeah yeah, brain freeze trick. Still crap that there is this clear line of can be overly powerful, but awesome so safe, and then everything else. Old bitter man yelling into the wind, shaking fist at the sky. /rant

That aside, I'm really really happy with Ignite the Future. The card does work, and on more than a few times, remembering it is in the gy, the flashback has saved my bacon. Yeah, 8 mana is a lot for most decks, but we can hit that, or even less with Red Rock, but casting the flipped cards for free is just bananas, without the hinderence of [/cards]Hazoret's Fury[/cards] type restrictions. Every once in a while, the deck loses because the shuffler is the devil, but aside from that sacrifice to the chaos, it seems to play really well. The first iteration of this deck, a long time ago, would roll-over and die to Eldrazi, now I feel confidant beating them most often. And just beat up on two different Leo decks because the flip cards don't draw (did play a Reforge into Leo (RTFC DUDE!), but still won that game, on that turn).

Current list -

// Legacy - Ruby Storm - Ignite Lightning Bonus Stage

//
//

// 60 Maindeck
// 12 Artifact
4 Ruby Medallion
4 Lotus Petal
4 Lion's Eye Diamond

// 11 Instant
4 Seething Song
4 Manamorphose
2 Lightning Bolt
1 Desperate Ritual

// 14 Land
8 Mountain
3 Ancient Tomb
3 Sandstone Needle

// 23 Sorcery
1 Past in Flames
3 Rite of Flame
3 Act on Impulse
4 Burning Wish
3 Bonus Round
1 Fiery Confluence
1 Reforge the Soul
3 Light Up the Stage
4 Ignite the Future

// 15 Sideboard
// 3 Artifact
SB: 3 Defense Grid

// 12 Sorcery
SB: 1 Past in Flames
SB: 1 Tendrils of Agony
SB: 1 By Force
SB: 1 Cave-In
SB: 1 Shattering Spree
SB: 1 Chain Lightning
SB: 1 Banefire
SB: 1 Bonus Round
SB: 1 Empty the Warrens
SB: 1 Grapeshot
SB: 1 Fiery Confluence
SB: 1 Rite of Flame

I'm interested in the Finale of Promise potential. Anyone have a feel for it? Seems like a different flavor of Mizzix's Mastery.