Page 74 of 98 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1944

Thread: Ruby Storm

Re: Ruby Storm

Mengucci is back again, playing against MartinMedMitten who plays UR Storm. That's not you right, Josef?

https://youtu.be/FS6VzzQftOI?t=2553

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

pretty sure it's him. it's nice to see the deck perform so well. also Mengucci has such an optimistic spirit when playing. nice to see that.
    -rob

It's me! I think i played against him 3 times on his stream now, and every time i had 1 t1 kill :)
    I watched it now, game 2 contained a huge mistake from me, i set up a manamorphose -> reforge the soul line in his end of turn. But totally forgot that i needed to fetch to play manamorphose :) I did not even realize it as i fetched, but only after playing the manamorphose and drawing something other than reforge :)

I've been experimenting lately with some spell pierces main to help the weak matchups. The result was very strange, spell pierce were realllly good almost every time i drew them, but i still lost and fizzled all the time. Even lost a game vs storm after he sacrificed leds and i spell pierced his past in flames. 3 turns later he won. In total i think i had 3 2-3 leagues before going back to my old build and have since then had 3 4-1 leagues. Reanimator still is hard, and there's alot of reanimator online :(

@Josef: Isn't Flusterstorm better? For what non-instant/sorcery spell are you afraid. Chalice isn't that big of a deal, Blood Moon neither. Is it only Counterbalance? Cause I would run Flusterstorm if you want to run MB counters, because it's a lot better against combo.

@Mistercakes: Have you every played UR and if so, what do you think of it?

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by Bosaapje View Post
    @Josef: Isn't Flusterstorm better? For what non-instant/sorcery spell are you afraid. Chalice isn't that big of a deal, Blood Moon neither. Is it only Counterbalance? Cause I would run Flusterstorm if you want to run MB counters, because it's a lot better against combo.

@Mistercakes: Have you every played UR and if so, what do you think of it?
    the UR version is good. maybe for bigger events it will be more consistent due to the nature of brainstorm and more importantly ponder. (for opening hands) it's not really my style so i'll likely stick to red, but it's not b/c one is better than the other.

i think josef has mentioned pyrostatic pillar is a bit of an issue, so that could be part of it. also being able to counter taxing effects is nice, you also have random things you can hit like aether vial, permanent based graveyard hate, rest in peace etc.
    -rob

The goal was to have 6-8 counters vs the hard matchups postboard, but the sideboard don't have that much room so I needed to put some of them in the main. I still ran 3 flusterstorm in the sideboard. I saw spell pierce being better game 1 vs the field. Spell piercing chalice, trinisphere, aether vial is not really needed most of the time but it's better than nothing, and flusterstorm would be nothing in those matchups.
    Also pyrostatic pillar... I hate that card.

MTGO name: Aggro4Life

Aug 2016
    Arizona, USA

JosefK,

Do you have your current (RU)by Storm list linked anywhere?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well it's almost the same as my last posted listing, have tried a lot of stuff, but mostly gone back.

4 scalding tarn
    1 polluted delta
    1 wooded foothills
    4 volcanic island
    1 mountain
    1 island
    3 ancient tomb
    4 lotus petal
    4 burning wish
    4 manamorphose
    4 seething song
    4 desperate ritual
    4 reforge the soul
    3 rite of flame
    2 past in flames
    4 brainstorm
    4 ponder
    4 bonus round
    4 ruby medallion

sb
    1 surgical extraction
    1 faerie macabre
    3 flusterstorm
    2 echoing truth
    1 rite of flame
    1 grapeshot
    1 empty the warrens
    1 past in flames
    1 fiery confluence
    1 hazoret's undying fury
    1 by force
    1 tendrils of agony

The maindeck changes are -1 empty + 1 ponder and -1 ancient tomb + 1 island.
    I think 4 brainstorm 4 ponder are correct, and i think that while maindeck empty can win some games, it can also make you fizzle when a ponder would have given you the win. The -1 ancient tomb + 1 island feels impossible to evaluate. I wanted an additional colored manasource as i had to mulligan a bit more than i wanted and i did not like getting tomb-flooded. It's easy to forget, but at max you get 10 tomb activations in a game, and often less than that. The island have saved me some games, but at least lost me one game where i sat on mountain + island(that i had fetched turn 1) + tomb with a ruby in play and PiF in hand with an insane graveyard for 3 turns before dying.

The sideboard, well it will be changed, it's really hard building a great sideboard.

1 rite of flame
    1 grapeshot
    1 empty the warrens
    1 past in flames
    1 fiery confluence
    1 hazoret's undying fury

Will never be cut.

1 Tendrils of agony
    1 By force

Will _probably_ never be cut, tendrils is the win condition i use the most, but most of the times i probably could gone for PiF grapeshot instead, so maybe maaaybe cut it. By Force is rarely used, but when it is used it's great. Had games where it removed chalice on 1, trinisphere and grafdiggers cage in one blow.
    That leaves us with 7 slots, and those 7 slots need to
    1) Answer problematic permanents like eidolon/pyrostatic pillar, Ethersworn Canonist or Damping Sphere.
    2) Preferably they would also stop Show and Tell/Storm/Reanimator/Dredge from winning before we do
    3) Give us a chance post board vs decks like miracles who now has +5-6 counters and 2-3 surgical.
    Tough job for 7 cards.
    Flusterstorm is good for #2 and #3, but does nothing against #1
    Surgical/macabre is also kind of good vs #2 #3
    Echoing truth is good vs #1 and could be useful somewhat against 2 (bounce omni/iona/goblins), but does nothing against #3
    Hope of ghirapur is good vs #3 and CAN be useful vs 1 and 2 on the play, as you can play it, sacrifice it turn 2 and that way get a time walk vs combo and stop damping sphere pyrostatic pillar from being played that turn.
    Defense grid is good vs #3 and nothing else, well i guess its a hoser against reset high tide :)
    Abrade is competing with echoing truth but is only good vs #1, its better against canonist with a vial on 2 in play, but pyrostatic pillar.... hate that card. Bouncing multiples of the same card does come up as well.
    Fireblast, never tried it, but it's a "free" way to remove a troublesome creature and then win on the same turn, it's also an additional kill condition to hedge against surgical and my favorite, to kill a surprised reanimator player who fetch - reanimate draw 7 with gris.

Currently the hardest matchups are in the #2 category, with #1 coming in second and #3 last. I wish i had a 20 card sideboard :)

Another problem is that for a while i boarded in 8 cards vs reanimator, and while i could stop them, i could not win before they could try again as i lost to much steam, the maindeck is tight. So i think i would prefer to play 2-2-3 cards specifically against the 3 categorys but with a real high impact

Went 2-2 last night with this list.

7 Mountain
    3 Tomb
    4Sandstone Needle- (Thinking of Cutting and going back to basics)

4 lotus petal
    3 Led
    4 Ruby Medallion
    1 Helm

4 rite of flame
    4 seething song
    4 manamorphose

4 bonus round
    3 Act on Impulse
    2 Tormenting Voice
    2 Pif
    4 reforge the soul
    4 wish
    2 bolt
    1 hazoret's Undying fury

Sideboard:
    1 Apex of power (got to cast 3 copies of it to win a game off bonus round flashback, when i whiffed t1)
    1 tendrils
    1 Empty
    1 Fiery Confluence
    1 Overmaster
    3 Faerie Macabre
    1 Pif
    1 Shattering spree
    1 Grapeshot
    3 grid
    1 Cave-in

Game 1 against BR Grissledad, he goes off turn one with the nuts, and kills me turn 2

-helm
    -reforge
    -bonus rond
    + 3 Faerie

G2 he gets my faerie with thoughtsieze goes off t2 or 3 but im very much dead.
    0-1

match 2 against UR Wizards, deck has all the bolts,

I mull to 6 on the draw with a turn 1 ruby all i need is a red source and it off to the races leave manamorphose on top, i get it turn three, go ham make a bunch of mana storm count 10 act into a wish and get the tendrils kill.

-helm
    -reforge
    -bonus round
    +overmaster
    +2 grid

game 2 he gets land screwed, forces my ruby t 2, i drop Sandstone needle turn 3, then another turn 4, turn 5 i think i have the nuts and do it. he has no answers. I get a fiery confluence kill

1-1

Different BR reanimator worse pilot.

I mull to 6 on the play but get him turn t2 with a tendrills kill, he even said, you probably wont kill me turn1 and kept a no lander i think with 2 lotus

Usual suspects out I board in 3 faerie

game 2 he resolves an Iona on red I scoop.

game 3 I was able to get the kill after a he tried to go off turn 1 and i had the faerie in hand. felt good to use it and it work. he basically fizzled and I goldfished the rest of the game,.

2-1

Match 4 mono white hate-bears
    I have the oportunity to go off t 1 fizzle and he kills me after wasting my lands

I acutally can't recall how i boarded.

G2 I keep a solid 7. he resolves a Thalia, I go off turn 4 with a ruby blanking the Thalia - this this the game where i get to resolve the Apex! I win with style and feels good.

G3 he wastes my t1 needle gets wasted and then he keeps my lands tapped down with port and i die....

I'm playing this deck in an event on Saturday i expect will see 50-60 players.

Im having trouble deciding if I make the switch to UR. I have the fetches and would be running shocks to get the U. Is it worth it if I don't own the duals?

i also know that people were off the tower, but it got 2 kills in an event for me last weekend. It feels like it turns a late game hand that would fizzle into a kill. I expect quite a bit of Grixis control this weekend as well.

Also I had a thought of Commune with lava in the main instead of Reforge, anyone try this out already? I went back through the thread and see little mention of it.

Tons of good info in this, thank your @mistercakes, and @JosefK for all the testing and development. Have loved playing it even when getting crushed and that is Magic the way Richard intended.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

The needles are more for the control matchups and to help improve turn 2 wins, however if you expect a lot of dnt or heavier than normal tempo delver decks, play more basics. RG Lands is also good at attacking them with wasteland/port.

Regarding the UR version, I think the shocks make little difference but against burn or ur delver you will feel it.

Is sentinel tower good vs grixis? I expect them to run k command.

Losing to reanimator is unfortunate, especially with macabre. Fortunately reanimator is good vs all storm, so realizing theres no magic silver bullet against it helps reconcile this. If you really want to beat it you probably have to load up on leyline of the void, which is unfortunate.

Do you really like playing 4 main rof with 4 bonus round? It does enable more turn 1 without bonus round, in guess it depends on what you want more. There's also nothing wrong with turn 1 rof into ruby, pass turn.

How did you like the bolts?

I haven't had time to play in a while now, but my current list will likely play 3 hazorets main and 1 in the sub

The main reason is that I like to play needle and it enables some easier plays with that.

Also keep in mind that ruby doesn't blank thalia for artifacts and for tendrils.
    -rob

I get the early play into hazoret's off needles. Im only on 1 copy of Hazoret's right now so maybe i just don't have the payoff and the chance to get wasted is pretty high.

I expect 2-3 DnT players. I guess we have not seen a good tempo deck in the meta for a while but I am sure that could pop up as well.

Any deck with counterspell I feel like suffers to Sentinel Tower, plus Grixis control has a slow enough clock that I can prob afford to resolve a tower. The worst part about tower is the 4 mana, so either nut draw sol lands, or helms. I have had pretty bad luck with helms and the opponent, so I am not sure how all in on them I will be this weekend. Maybe back to one board ST and go with 3 mb defence grid, Im expecting lots of FoW decks this weekend.

The 4 mb RoF and 4 Bonus Round was brand new for last night. A more all in package on resolving a BR early for sure. I find I like a RoF in the board most of the time to wish for when mana is the bottle neck in going off. It does enable Mountain/RoF/Ruby pass. I do like that about it. Most likely will take a 3 and 3 package this weekend.

Bolts are good, Im actually thinking of putting chain lightning in the SB due to being a wish target and an extra bolt when you need a BR kill condition. Im kind of off confluence. It is good and sure you get to live the dream with it from time to time. It feels a bit win more.

If i do remove Fiery Confluence I think i will put by force back in the SB and run the Spree as well. Last weekend had maverick resolve to dampning sphere on me, felt bad.

Good looking out on Thalia/Ruby interactions.

I think I will keep it mono red due to not having played at all with the UR list and the fact I could prob play this mono red pile for a full year and not have all the lines figured out. I get into situations where I try to go off as soon as possible and I think that is good in some situations but I rarely get to pull it off. I will go a whiff, especially on AoI, Im thinking of cutting it for more copies of Voice or Commune with lava, not sure really. Does anyone else find Act totally underwhelming?

Today's List from the Fall Legacy Classic @ Connections Vancouver

10 x Mountain
    3 x Ancient Tomb
    4 x Lotus Petal
    3 x Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 x Ruby Medallion
    3 x Defense Grid

4 x Bonus Round
    4 x Seething Song
    4 x Manamorphose
    3 x Rite of Flame
    4 x Act on Impulse
    4 x Burning Wish
    4 x Reforge the Soul
    2 x Past in Flames
    2 x Lightning Bolt
    2 x Tormenting Voice

Wish Board
    1 x Chain Lightning
    1 x Rite of Flame
    1 x Shattering Spree
    1 x By Force
    1 x Grapeshot
    1 x Past in Flames
    1 x Tendrils of Agony
    1 x Hazoret's Undying Fury
    1 x Apex of Power
    1 x Empty The Warrens
    Rest of Board
    1 x Sentinel Tower
    1 x Kozilek's Return
    3 x Faerie Macabre

Went 3-3 today against a broad and very diverse field (38 players over 25 decks types I believe). Never saw the same deck archetype twice. While I am new to the deck, I feel like I can make some honest judgements and evaluations about the cards in my 75.

I don't have a complete report dialled in mostly due to poor note taking during the matches today.

Notable matchups where I lost and I can blame myself include trying to go off against 12 bolt UR wizards when they had little to no clock on me and really I was just antsy with the cards in hand T4 and fizzling. Also cracking an led on a total miss play in game two really hurt that matchup, So while i should have prob won that match up I did not. Good news, the pilot is a friend of mine and we will be playing more in the next few months for sure.

Match 2 Against UW blade who took it in game 3. G1 I was able to combo off T3 with a 7 card keeper. I was on the draw, I cast a ruby off of a tomb, he daze, I drop petal, crack petal, rite of flame, ruby. Next turn top deck Grid, grid off of tomb, T3 he is helping keep track of my storm as I wish for tendrils. He takes G2 off a bad keep of 5 by me, I get tomb wasted after casting a ruby turn 1 and then have no other source. He gets a jit on a TNN and its G3. Where I get a good 7, He FoW my first Ruby, I am able to rebuild a bit after he dumps his hand. I get to bonus round, wish with a ruby in play and 1r floating. I get RoF and Hazoret's I rof make 6r, cast the hazoret's in 8 card i get LeD, Lotus and Tormenting Vocie, no cards in hand, nothing really to do. Totally fizzle, he kills me. I guess I could have wished for RoF and PiF. Hitting a draw spell out the bin, but them's the breaks. I'm sure I am just not a good enough player to actually figure out those lines all the way through yet.

I go on a 3-0 win streak where I played perfect magic and killed every opponent. More on that BS later.

Match 6 Win and in to Store credit and Bragging rights for top 16. Paired against an experienced legacy player whom i know well. (we both play pox) He is on Maverick today. Main deck Thalia and Gaddock Teeg, keep me in check long enough for him to thoughtseize my bolt and get a burning wish to the bin early. Im basically dead unless i top deck bolt for teeg and he kills me. G2 I mull to 6, he keeps 7 and It was all the hate against me. I had moved spree to the mb and empty incase of surgical. I get a ruby t1. He Takes the AoI on his t1 with a throughtseize leaving me with RoF, Mountain, 2 x Wish. He disenchants the ruby t3 and I can never keep my head above water for the remainder. I'm not sure what to do against the Maverick deck. I moved the Kozilek's Return in. I guess a few more sweepers would be an ok SB option. Thoughts, do any of you experience that type of trouble? I also removed Cave-in, prob should have a copy SB.

Matches I won,

Back to back t3 against Burn.

Mono Red Stompy, Dude has like 10 cards main that due nothing against me. Im able to go so hard on t4 I had 1 card left in the library. Storm count astronomically high. He sides, mulls to 5 and Have a look at a turn 1 kill, I take the conservative option and pass. I kill him t2 him because I felt if i fizzled t1 and it went to 3 I was maybe in trouble.

4c loam. Yeah i thought dude was some weird mav build cause I turn 3rd him g1 and did not get a look at what was going on. G2 he has a pregame layline of the Void. Bummer for some of my gear, but.....It doesn't matter, he hits two Knights of the reliquary gets them all pumped with fetches in the bin, and kills me. G3 another pregame layline. I am able to fight through it playing "fair" spells and eventually get the style kill with the wish board tendrils off a bonus round, wish for BR and Apex, Cast BR, Cast Apex make 10 red exile the top 21. Felt good.

Things I learned.

13 lands is too few. End of Story, too many mulligans. I will go back to 14-15 not sure yet.

I only saw two decks with FoW. When I did the grid was good. It was like a security blanket knowing if i got one or two, it really shuts off counter magic. In games where it was bad game 1, easy to swap gas out of the board. Usually go RoF, Hazoret's, Sentinel Tower in.

Sentinel Tower, never even cast it today, I think I have seen the light on this one. Cutting.

Underwhelmed by Hazoret's Undying Fury. Not sure what I will do about that. Maybe experiment with them as a 4 of in the MB to force me to play them and get behind them. I guess they are wish-able where commune is not.... I guess Im looking into other impluse/draw spells. 4 cards off of 6 mana, sometimes 5 is not where i really want to be.

Tormenting Voice was a solid 7-10 spell today. Sure I flipped into it off an AoI more than once where it was dead due to no cards in hand. But more than once it let me pitch PiF or RoF and then draw 2. It also is a target for counter spells. I ran it out to eat a counter once or twice so i could resolve a manamorphose, and then go. If you get it with a bonus round.....Well if you get any spell in this deck with a bonus round!

Really into playing this one and learning more.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

glad you're getting so many reps in with the deck.

i mostly look at this as the base for mono red:

10 x Mountain (or 6/4 with needles)
    4 x Ancient Tomb

4 x Lotus Petal
    4 x Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 x Ruby Medallion

3 x Bonus Round
    4 x Seething Song
    4 x Manamorphose
    3 x Rite of Flame
    4 x Act on Impulse
    4 x Burning Wish
    3 x Reforge the Soul
    2 x Past in Flames

that's 53 cards. 7 flex spots.

let's look at the merits of them:
    4th bonus round. enables some stronger seething song hands. does tend to work better with desperate ritual, but still good on its own.
    4th rite of flame. better in the deck in all aspects, except for burning wish for RoF to pass turn, and burning wish for RoF + X when using Bonus Round.
    Lightning Bolts. great in a creature heavy meta, also a reliable threat. functions as a time walk vs tempo decks since you can kill their clocks.
    Empty the Warrens. great card to steal games. helps opening hands a bit, really don't want to see more than 1 in opening hand. ever.
    tormenting voice. card filtering, great with ruby and great with bonus round.
    hazoret's undying fury. high variance card which can enable turn 1 wins better. can lose quite easily and is luck dependent.
    4th reforge the soul. high variance, can enable opponents, but is a very powerful effect. also could merit as a wish target.
    3rd past in flames. adds redundancy.
    gamble. tutor, but can be awkward at times.
    guttersnipe. a strange one, but in practice can win many games.
    scroll rack. i like to play around with 1 of these, since it can help offset the heavy ancient tomb opening hands and it plays nicely with reforge the soul.
    pyromancer ascension. a bit greedy for the graveyard, but can be pretty satisfying. would play with bolts if played at all, same with desperate ritual.
    helm of awakening. redundancy, but at a cost of enabling opponents hands.
    extra mountain.
    simian spirit guide(s)

i also haven't tested the port version enough, it can arguably be wasteland in that slot as well.

i might be missing some, but i think most of my bases are covered here.

// 60 Maindeck
    // 8 Artifact
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Ruby Medallion

// 3 Enchantment
    3 Pyromancer Ascension

// 16 Instant
    4 Seething Song
    4 Manamorphose
    4 Lightning Bolt
    4 Desperate Ritual

// 15 Land
    3 Ancient Tomb
    12 Mountain

// 18 Sorcery
    4 Burning Wish
    3 Rite of Flame
    2 Reforge the Soul
    4 Act on Impulse
    2 Past in Flames
    3 Bonus Round

you could also run empty over some of the ascension, maybe 2 asc, 1 empty split.
    without LED you don't need to run so many act on impulse either. it's a lot worse without LED.
    -rob

So i actually wrote a very long tournament report, but realized that it was poorly written and much text for little information. So i will try to condense it here.
    Last weekend i played 10 rounds in the swedish legacy nationals. I dropped after 4-4 (prices were given to x-3s). I played
    R1 BReanimator 0 - 2
    R2 Deaths Shadow 2 - 0
    R3 Antiquities War something 2 - 1
    R4 Zombardment 1 - 2
    R5 Show n tell 2 - 0
    R6 BUG or Czech 2 - 0
    R7 BReanimator 1 - 2
    R8 Grixis Delver 1 - 2
    Misplays in R4 and R8, Got lucky R2, Unlucky R4 and R7(insaaaanely unlucky, 20 outs in 50 card deck, had 8 draws, all missed).
    Had no really great matchups even tho Deaths Shadow has been good for me lately. Had 2 of my absolutely worst matchup, BReanimator.
    Since then i have
    1) Given up on the deck
    2) Started brewing on the deck again
    3) Thought i found the solution to reanimator while still 4-1 a league
    4) Lost to reanimator
    5) Had my first 0-5 league
    6) Given up on the deck
    Now i think i will start 7) Brewing again.
    My solution in 3) were to try out maindeck noxious revival. The plan were that i could play maindeck reanimator hate that still were useful to put countered reforges on top or even lands vs wasteland. Had one nice hand with petal, rite, desperate, seething, burning wish, manamorphose, noxious. Played all rituals, noxious on seething and manamorphose into it, play it and wish for empty. Still the card feels like it does not do enough, and drawing multiples really suck.
    I also tried Baral, Chief of Compliance, as i feel i win most controlmatchups as long as i stick a ruby. Well, Baral likes farming and somehow attracts lightning a lot it seems.

I think i will try to have a sideboard that makes the deck faster instead of trying to react. Playing SSGs and chrome moxes instead of flusterstorm/surgical.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

i've actually been testing SSG again too. i think for mono red it's something that can be very helpful and less reliant on some mana draws. not sure if chrome mox is good enough, my guess is probably not.
    -rob

@Tall_George
    I saw you asked about playing UR with shocks, i do think that it might hurt to much, i feel like i often end the game vs control with 2-3 volcanics in play and 4-5 life. But i don't know, it's sad that prices should be a hindrance :(
    With regards to maverick, from my perspective that's a great matchup, but i have not played a lot vs it lately, and i cant recall if my good results where before my love of reforge the soul. Teeg is one of the major reasons i feel the need to run grapeshot still. It feels like most of the time i just won before they did anything impactful, or before winning used grapeshot to clear the board.

In your description of the game
    "I get a ruby t1. He Takes the AoI on his t1 with a throughtseize leaving me with RoF, Mountain, 2 x Wish. He disenchants the ruby t3"
    I guess you had t1 ancient tomb? Then t2 you could play RoF, wished for RoF and cast it, wish for Either empty for 10 goblins or past in flames to flashback one RoF and AoI with R floating and another rof in the yard. Dunno if the second line is good enough as i stopped playing with AoI in the blue version.
    Maybe is missed something about your list or something in your post, i read it quickly :)

Thank you for the reply. I have decided until I can test more with ur my time is better spent learning the lines on mono red.

You are absolutely right about the t2 wish play against Mav. I never see the value in casting empty for 8-10 gobos but you saw it. Excellent value in that lesson.

I played a challenge build deck with a bunch of other knuckle heads last week. (4 mb Standstill you can never board them out.) So this week I'm back on the Storm. Have my 4th copy of Tomb in hand so will be running it. Testing Dangerous Wager as well. Hopefully jam some practice matches in between rounds and get some real reps in.

Dangerous stuff learning how to play storm, spending a lot of time on how to optimize.

Sent from my HUAWEI MLA-L03 using Tapatalk

Dangerous Wager seems pretty narrow as it's discard on resolution which makes it kind of bad with bonus round. But I'm all for trying new stuff :) I'm currently back on 4 Ancient Tombs (16 lands in total), actually cut a rite of flame and considering cutting another one. The first rof is not really that impactful.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I always wanted to cram more copies of Shreds of Sanity into this deck, but I could never find room. Now with Bonus Round it's even harder, lol.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

I've tried shreds of sanity before I found 4x reforge. Played 1-3 shreds but the big problem with it was that it very often did nothing because you have to have business in your graveyard, and both instant and sorcery to really be good.

Thread Information