Page 57 of 98 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1944

Thread: Ruby Storm

Re: Ruby Storm

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    If you want to dig the most you should either consider faithless looting, or goblin lore/control of the court.

Cathartic reunion requires you to discard 2, and you may not have this.
    Yeah, but the cards you mentioned generate little to no card advantage.

Goblin Lore is neutral when cast once, if you copy it, it generates +1 CA.
    Faithless Looting never generates any CA, only filters and fills graveyard.

Cathartic Reunion cast once is neutral, but when copied generates +3 CA.

Why not use Tormenting Voice? Not as crazy as Reunion but requiring only 1 discard instead of 2 makes it less likely to get stuck in hand (or exile).

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

If you have a rock out, and you are using this bonus round first. Cast burning wish for lore + pif. Assuming you still have enough mana left over its one of the better ways to dig.

If you want a guaranteed method what has worked for me in goldfishing is getting

Past in Flames + gamble.

Cast gamble, get manamorphose. Reveal at random, if you don't reveal manamorphose cast it before the 2nd gamble resolves. If this happens there's a lot of different lines of play. If it doesn't work then you can try once more.

If you whiff both times there's still a chance you have enough mana to cast pif as it should only cost 2r with a rock in play. Then you only need r to get back into the game with flashing back.

Tldr, you don't need to play any of the other whacky cards out of the sb. Gamble is enough.
    -rob

Hallo,

I was wondering if any of you are exploring the possibility of the old modern Unstorm Deck for Legacy.

With

[Card]4x Bonus Round
    4x Pyromancer Ascension[/Card]

we have now 8 Combo Pieces that produce infintie mana/Storm with

[Card]2x Manamorphose
    2x Noxious Revival [/Card]

looping.

There´s also the possibility of [Card] Pirate´s Pillage[/Card] + Manarock acting as another Manamorphose.

The Modern List was Red/Blue playing a lot of cantrips which in Legacy would probably be just a worse Omniscience Deck, so i tried going with Rituals and Past in Flames, but the lack of good cantrips is really hurting and didnt feel so great goldfishing.

If any of you had any luck going this direction i would be interested to hear. :)

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

No need to run cards like noxious revival.
    -rob

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

Ok so a card from M19 got spoiled and looks really good as a wish option:

Apex of Power 7RRR
    Exile the top seven cards of your library. Until end of turn, you may cast nonland cards revealed this way. If this spell was casted from your hand, add 10 mana of any color.
    What do you think?

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

It's super cool and epic, but i don't think you would tutor for this over other options almost ever. A draw 7, PIF or ETW are all going to be better in that spot for the most part i would think.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

i love that this is a card, but it's just not strong enough compared to other cards.

btw after more goldfishing, i think this is where i've arrived. there's still variance just like all builds of this deck.

// 60 Maindeck
    // 11 Artifact
    4 Ruby Medallion
    4 Lotus Petal
    3 Helm of Awakening

// 12 Instant
    4 Seething Song
    4 Manamorphose
    4 Desperate Ritual

// 14 Land
    10 Mountain
    4 Ancient Tomb

// 23 Sorcery
    2 Past in Flames
    3 Rite of Flame
    4 Act on Impulse
    4 Burning Wish
    3 Gitaxian Probe
    3 Bonus Round
    3 Hazoret's Undying Fury
    1 Gamble

// 15 Sideboard
    // 15 Sorcery
    SB: 1 Past in Flames
    SB: 1 Reforge the Soul
    SB: 1 Empty the Warrens
    SB: 1 Grapeshot
    SB: 1 Tendrils of Agony
    SB: 1 By Force
    SB: 1 Cave-In
    SB: 1 Pyroclasm
    SB: 1 Shattering Spree
    SB: 1 Gamble
    SB: 1 Dark Petition
    SB: 1 Bonus Round
    SB: 1 Banefire
    SB: 1 Rite of Flame
    SB: 1 Gitaxian Probe

The dark petition can prob be something else.
    -rob

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Chandra, Pyromaster and Chandra, Torch of Defiance are probably both better than the M19 card. Pyro lets you get 3 copies of a card with ultimate, lets you 'draw' an extra card each turn, and can ping off small creatures. ToD adds mana, filtering, creature removal, and an ultimate that straight out wins the game with only 3-4 spells cast. Both are only 4 mana, this new card is what, 10? Yes it replaces itself with mana, but getting to 9-10 is rough even for Ruby Storm.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

ten mana is feasible if you went to like grim monolith. But thats a whole different beast and may as well be dragonstorm at that point
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    ten mana is feasible if you went to like grim monolith. But thats a whole different beast and may as well be dragonstorm at that point
    It's just outclassed, sadly, by other less expensive engines (Hazoret's Undying Fury, Reforge the Soul, Past in Flames.) With so many good cards available already that we can't squeeze in (Shreds of Sanity, Chandras, etc.) I think this card gets pushed even further down the list of playables.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

I've been away for a minute and not testing/playing recently.

I'm down with the Bonus Round and the general assortment of cards, going no-LED. (Surprised by latest MisterCakes list, but always willing to try and listen.)
    However, shouldn't there be at least one non-Burning Wish win-con in the main deck, maybe even a solitary Sentinel Tower for lulz? It just feels very naked not to include a storm spell, nor a permanent source of damage, in the 60. It's extremely unlikely, but a surgical extraction/Slaughter Games effect on Burning Wish is game over.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Does this deck just beat force by throwing more haymakers than they have counters? I could see why led is bad if that is the plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Yes but don't underestimate LED. Helm is much worse in a combo meta.

edit: to give more context

LED is good at slamming through extra mana when you don't have enough initial sources. casting past in flames, cards off of act on impulse, and cheating cards through burning wish are the major benefits to LED.

the only reason i'm not running LED in this list that when you run so many of these reduction effects, LED gets worse. it also doesn't fork off of this new card, bonus round.
    Last edited by mistercakes; 06-02-2018 at 03:50 AM.
    -rob

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

I also have only been goldfishing with this list.theres a good chance running bolts will play out better, at least over running hazoret's or some others. 2 bonus rounds and a bolt is almost lethal.
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    I also have only been goldfishing with this list.theres a good chance running bolts will play out better, at least over running hazoret's or some others. 2 bonus rounds and a bolt is almost lethal.
    I like Bolt, if you want to, you can put Chain Lightning into the sideboard.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

It'll take time to test. I'll try without any bolts first. Then if they are needed I will squeeze them in.

Haven't been at a tourney in months. Even a local.

In time. :)
    -rob

Came here to talk about Bonus Round. Glad y'all are ahead of the curve.

I opened 2 in prerelease. Card is a house.

I actually think the deck is just run Bonus Round and Bolts. You can run 4 MD Lightning Bolt and at least 1 Chain Lightning in the sb as a wish target. Probably 2 in sideboard for the Bonus Burning Wish.

1 Bonus Round +3 bolts is near lethal. 2 Bonus Round +2 bolts is 24 damage. Keep in mind the second bonus round is also bonus rounded for 3 total copies from 2 spells.

Throw storm out. Just keep looping and getting mana til you bolt them to death.

Bonus Bolts.

The REAL bonus is that it's also removal for DRS and hate bears.

copy pasting mistercakes list and modding it. I'll play this....goblins this friday, standard next friday to prep for nationals...lol maybe like July 6th? Maybe I'll do before then.

// 60 Maindeck
    // 9 Artifact
    3 Ruby Medallion
    4 Lotus Petal
    2 Helm of Awakening

// 12 Instant
    4 Seething Song
    4 Manamorphose
    4 Desperate Ritual

// 13 Land
    6 Mountain
    3 Ancient Tomb
    4 Bloodstained Mire

// 26 Sorcery
    1 Past in Flames
    1 Reforge the Soul
    3 Rite of Flame
    3 Act on Impulse
    4 Burning Wish
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    3 Bonus Round
    3 Lightning Bolt
    4 Faithless Looting

// 15 Sideboard
    // 15 Sorcery
    SB: 1 Past in Flames
    SB: 1 Reforge the Soul
    SB: 1 Act on Impulse
    SB:
    SB: 1 Tendrils of Agony
    SB: 1 By Force
    SB: 1 Cave-In
    SB: 1 Pyroclasm
    SB: 1 Shattering Spree
    SB:
    SB:
    SB: 1 Bonus Round
    SB:
    SB: 1 Rite of Flame
    SB: 2 Chain Lightning

ah i dont know the rest. Bonus Round takes up a lot of space lol. I hope it draws enough cards.

edit- as crazy as it sounds, maybe burning wish is the thing to cut? maybe it's not needed anymore? that sounds crazy to even me. Bonus Round +Bolt just seems SO GOOD. LIGHTNING ROUND!

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

burning wish shouldn't be cut. with bonus round active it gets 2 targets, with 2 bonus rounds it tutors for 4 cards.

take this example:

turn 1 tomb+rock.
    turn 2 mtn + seething song + bonus round + burning wish. (RRR remaining).

get gamble and past in flames. i personally like to gamble for manamorphose 2x. if you don't discard manamorphose either time then you win assuming they can't interact with you. (remember you can cast instants between the gamble copy and gamble.

assuming you start with 6 cards you have the following probability:

6 cards +1 draw step = 7 cards.
    tomb+rock+mtn+seething song+bonus round+wish+x

assuming you resolve the wish after that line your hand while the gamble's are on the stack is:
    X+past in flames + manamorphose (first gamble, so you have a 66% of winning the game).
    if you discard manamorphose you get another manamorphose and still have a 66% chance of hitting something other than it.
    although pretty sure the odds of hitting manamorphose twice in a row are actually .33*.33 (or about 11%)

i'll take those chances.

let's assume you get to cast 1 manamorphose and draw 2 blanks. then discard past in flames. (this should ensure you are quite limited with your options as much as possibe.)

cast past in flames, R remaining.

cast manamorphose, draw 2 more (brick twice just for the sake of it) and get 4 mana. cast bonus round. cast seething song (20 mana).

cast gamble (4 targets this time). to simplify you can just get burning wish, past in flames, bonus round, seething song.

lets assume you discard all 4 randomly. recast past in flames. cast new bonus round. cast seething song (generates 40 mana this time). cast burning wish getting 8 sb cards, feel free to get the banefire as the last resolution, so they can't clique it out of your hand. (not that they wouldn't have cast it prior already.)

cast banefire for lethal.
    -rob

Thread Information