Page 34 of 98 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruby Storm

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Re: Ruby Storm

Have been a bit busy and no chance to play for over a month. Because of that I don't have anything meaningful for input! I'll update again after I can start playing again.
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by mkalevv View Post
    Been running this for about 2 weeks now, love it. All credit to others in this post.

Land/Mana
    10 Mountain
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Lotus Petal

Reducers
    4 Ruby Medallion
    2 Helm of Awakening

Rituals
    4 Seething Song
    4 Rite of Flame
    1 Desperate Ritual

Cantrips/Draw
    4 Manamorphose
    3 Act on Impulse
    3 Gitaxian Probe
    2 Overmaster
    1 Reforge the Soul

Search
    4 Burning Wish
    1 Gamble

Win Cons
    3 Empty the Warrens
    2 Guttersnipe
    1 Grapeshot

Sideboard

Side
    2 Scab-Clan Berserker
    2 Defense Grid
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Sulfur Elemental

Wish
    1 Past in Flames
    1 Goblin War Strike
    1 Telemin Performance
    1 Grapeshot
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 By Force
    1 Reforge the Soul
    1 Cave-In

I've found that Empty the Warrens is the way to go, and furthermore, Goblin War Strike out of the wishboard is the all-star.

Lots of success, but some fizzling out. I'd like to see this deck grow.
    3 probes and 3 act on impulse? Did you specifically cut them down from 4? I would think that you would want to max both of those out, at least the AOI if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by ronco View Post
    3 probes and 3 act on impulse? Did you specifically cut them down from 4? I would think that you would want to max both of those out, at least the AOI if nothing else.
    I did, just trying to fit everything else in. Specifically, I was trying to get the guttersnipes, overmasters, 1 other ritual, and reforge the soul in there. I am still experimenting.

When I said I was running this for 2-weeks, I meant the deck, not the specific list (although quite close). I did have 4 AoI previously, and that may be most correct and it probably is. Understood that others have been playtesting this since June. That being said, it cant be solved as of yet. I've been playing on xmage mostly so I can do a lot of testing and tweaking. But after trying it and loving it, I built the deck in paper and bought 4 of everything (so I can tune it as required).

I don't think the probe is key, but AoI with cost reducers is great. So maybe 3 & 4. Something has to go then. Any suggestions?

Has Banefire been explored as a 1-of in the wishboard as a last ditch finisher, for like if you just cant close it out? I don't know if my sideboard is optimized. Half of it is somewhat meta-dependent, obviously. But are there any other good wish targets anyone has been trying out?

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by mkalevv View Post
    I did, just trying to fit everything else in. Specifically, I was trying to get the guttersnipes, overmasters, 1 other ritual, and reforge the soul in there. I am still experimenting.

When I said I was running this for 2-weeks, I meant the deck, not the specific list (although quite close). I did have 4 AoI previously, and that may be most correct and it probably is. Understood that others have been playtesting this since June. That being said, it cant be solved as of yet. I've been playing on xmage mostly so I can do a lot of testing and tweaking. But after trying it and loving it, I built the deck in paper and bought 4 of everything (so I can tune it as required).

I don't think the probe is key, but AoI with cost reducers is great. So maybe 3 & 4. Something has to go then. Any suggestions?

Has Banefire been explored as a 1-of in the wishboard as a last ditch finisher, for like if you just cant close it out? I don't know if my sideboard is optimized. Half of it is somewhat meta-dependent, obviously. But are there any other good wish targets anyone has been trying out?
    Banefire isn't needed because once you get to 5+ mana (to make it uncounterable) you have likely hit 5+ storm, and storm is likely easier to achieve with 2 mana left open (for Grapeshot) than 5+ mana. LED changes that formula, but you aren't on LED so I think the point is moot.

While I agree AoI is very good, in fact crucial to the deck, I don't think its sacred. I've played with 3 copies and felt ok with that. It needs to have something equivocally powerful in its place however (such as Guttersnipe.) I think subbing out AoI in order to squeeze in another Overmaster, GitProbe, etc., is probably incorrect. One thing that has been established with this deck is that it is surprisingly resilient to Chalice@1, and AoI is a significant part of that because it isn't a traditional 1-mana cantrip that other storm decks use (and Chalice preys on.) So essentially you need to evaluate if you expect to see stompy variants in your metagame and build accordingly.

I actually like your setup, and it's close to where I am with some small changes. I play full sets of GitProbe and AoI, don't play Snipe maindeck (better out of the board I feel), I only have Grapeshot in the board, and I play 3 Overmasters main instead of playing Reforge main. I have a lot of Leopol decks in my meta, and a metric shit-ton of Force/blue decks in my meta. Reforge is a sideboard card for me. AoI gets around Leopold in a huge way, one of the major reasons for even choosing this deck in the current Legacy environment over traditional storm. It's resilient to Chalice@1 and it dodges Leopold.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Banefire isn't needed because once you get to 5+ mana (to make it uncounterable) you have likely hit 5+ storm, and storm is likely easier to achieve with 2 mana left open (for Grapeshot) than 5+ mana. LED changes that formula, but you aren't on LED so I think the point is moot.

While I agree AoI is very good, in fact crucial to the deck, I don't think its sacred. I've played with 3 copies and felt ok with that. It needs to have something equivocally powerful in its place however (such as Guttersnipe.) I think subbing out AoI in order to squeeze in another Overmaster, GitProbe, etc., is probably incorrect. One thing that has been established with this deck is that it is surprisingly resilient to Chalice@1, and AoI is a significant part of that because it isn't a traditional 1-mana cantrip that other storm decks use (and Chalice preys on.) So essentially you need to evaluate if you expect to see stompy variants in your metagame and build accordingly.

I actually like your setup, and it's close to where I am with some small changes. I play full sets of GitProbe and AoI, don't play Snipe maindeck (better out of the board I feel), I only have Grapeshot in the board, and I play 3 Overmasters main instead of playing Reforge main. I have a lot of Leopol decks in my meta, and a metric shit-ton of Force/blue decks in my meta. Reforge is a sideboard card for me. AoI gets around Leopold in a huge way, one of the major reasons for even choosing this deck in the current Legacy environment over traditional storm. It's resilient to Chalice@1 and it dodges Leopold.
    Updated List Mr Safety?

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

4x Ruby Medallion
    1x Helm of Awakening

4x Rite of Flame
    4x Seething Song
    4x Lotus Petal
    1x Simian Spirit Guide
    1x Desperate Ritual

4x Gitaxian Probe
    3x Overmaster
    4x Act on Impulse
    4x Manamorphose

3x Past in Flames
    1x Hazoret’s Undying Fury
    1x Gamble

4x Burning Wish
    3x Empty the Warrens

10x Mountain
    4x Crystal Vein

Sidebaord

1x Past in Flames
    1x Empty the Warrens
    1x Grapeshot
    1x Cave-In
    1x Tendrils of Agony
    1x By Force
    1x Reforge the Soul
    2x Blood Moon
    2x Guttersnipe
    1x Tormod’s Crypt
    2x Scab-Clan Berserker
    1x ensnaring bridge

I was using Pyroblast instead of Guttersnipe for awhile, but I think Guttersnipe is a better answer to the blue decks. It increases the threat count to 'brute force' through their counters, and they will likely bring in grave hate/additional counters while taking out removal. I think I'm one of the few that uses Blood Moon also, which for me is very relevant in my meta-game.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

I've been playing on cockatrice mainly, and have played in a single FNM, but this is the brew I've been going with:

Artifacts: 14
    2X Helm of Awakening
    4X Lion's Eye Diamond
    4X Lotus Petal
    4X Ruby Medallion

Creature: 2
    2X Simian Spirit Guide

Instants: 10
    2X Desperate Ritual
    4X Manamorphose
    4X Seething Song

Land: 14
    4X Ancient Tomb
    10X Mountain

Sorcery: 20
    4X Act on Impulse
    4X Burning Wish
    1X Empty the Warrens
    1X Hazoret's Undying Fury
    3X Past in Flames
    3X Reforge the Soul
    4X Rite of Flame

The mighty fifteen:

Artifacts: 2
    2X Defense Grid

Creature: 2
    2X Faerie Macabre

Sorcery: 11
    1X Anger of the Gods (for leovold)
    2X By Force
    1X Cave-In
    1X Empty the Warrens
    1X Goblin War strike
    1X Grapeshot
    1X Hazoret's Undying Fury
    1X Past in Flames
    1X Reforge the Soul
    1X Tendrils of Agony

I wont say im the most experienced when it comes to piloting this list, but I've been meaning to test out guttersnipe. From what I'm seeing, people are giving it nothing but positive reviews. Especially when you hide him in the board, it makes perfect sense to bring them in after game one. In regards to the pitch monkies, theyve been rather dissapointing; drawing them outside of my opening hand is aggravating, as I'm looking for a spell or an artifact reducer. Again, I'm open to suggestions.

EFF the source for not having a direct button to have my deck linked.

And faithless Looting has been tried/disliked?

Don't the Mana rocks reduce the flashback?

Edit- picked up stuff flgs tonight. May not play it before eternal weekend.
    Last edited by compacta_d; 10-10-2017 at 10:08 PM.

Mana rocks do reduce the flashback, but I believe several members here have already tried and dismissed Faithless Looting.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by compacta_d View Post
    And faithless Looting has been tried/disliked?

Don't the Mana rocks reduce the flashback?

Edit- picked up stuff flgs tonight. May not play it before eternal weekend.
    Looting doesn't do what you want really. This is a critical mass combo deck, you need all your cogs to work towards the same end. I tried Looting for about 20 games at 4x, then I reduced it to 2-3 for another 20 games, then I cut it entirely. I found that Gamble did a lot more for the deck, even as a 1-of, then Looting did. GitProbe lets you evaluate the game state by seeing opponent's hand and Overmaster lets you resolve a key spell. Both replace themselves to stay at card parity. Looting is card disadvantage (three cards exchanged for two) that can get rid of unplayable cards, but the only unplayable cards you would ever really discard are lands. I didn't really even want to discard lands! Beyond that you are leaning on finding Past in Flames so hard, and putting cards into the yard before you have PiF available opens them up to Deathrite Shaman. Overall, I just didn't like the risk of Looting even though it did filter card quality decently, and it found me a needed land on occasion. I have found GitProbe and Overmaster work better, and I can't even squeeze in all 8 copies of those.

In regards to the pitch monkies, theyve been rather dissapointing; drawing them outside of my opening hand is aggravating, as I'm looking for a spell or an artifact reducer. Again, I'm open to suggestions.
    This is why I only play 1 Simian Spirit Guide. He helps land a t1 reducer, but beyond that he just isn't valuable beyond being a Lotus Petal most of the time. I also still play 1x Hazoret's Undying Fury, and flipping a SSG with that is MADDENING. I only play 1 HUF because it doesn't play well with itself. I see SSG as ritual #10, nothing more nothing less. Its great t1 to land a reducer because you aren't wasting storm count. Its ok during the combo turn, but not as good as a ritual.
    Brainstorm Realist

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Looting doesn't do what you want really. This is a critical mass combo deck, you need all your cogs to work towards the same end. I tried Looting for about 20 games at 4x, then I reduced it to 2-3 for another 20 games, then I cut it entirely. I found that Gamble did a lot more for the deck, even as a 1-of, then Looting did. GitProbe lets you evaluate the game state by seeing opponent's hand and Overmaster lets you resolve a key spell. Both replace themselves to stay at card parity. Looting is card disadvantage (three cards exchanged for two) that can get rid of unplayable cards, but the only unplayable cards you would ever really discard are lands. I didn't really even want to discard lands! Beyond that you are leaning on finding Past in Flames so hard, and putting cards into the yard before you have PiF available opens them up to Deathrite Shaman. Overall, I just didn't like the risk of Looting even though it did filter card quality decently, and it found me a needed land on occasion. I have found GitProbe and Overmaster work better, and I can't even squeeze in all 8 copies of those.

This is why I only play 1 Simian Spirit Guide. He helps land a t1 reducer, but beyond that he just isn't valuable beyond being a Lotus Petal most of the time. I also still play 1x Hazoret's Undying Fury, and flipping a SSG with that is MADDENING. I only play 1 HUF because it doesn't play well with itself. I see SSG as ritual #10, nothing more nothing less. Its great t1 to land a reducer because you aren't wasting storm count. Its ok during the combo turn, but not as good as a ritual.

LOL then maybe I should have picked up a 4th overmaster. Your arguments make sense. Think I'll need to test and figure out what works best for me then.

Need to double down for EW so again it may not be for a few more weeks.

edit- also as much as I sincerely hate this card, has Chalice of the Void been tested? Seems extremely easy to me to cut all the one drops, replace with 2 mana rituals which will become dark rituals after reduction. SB option?

It looks like the only one drops are Rite and Gamble in majority of lists.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

chalice was mentioned and tried. didn't work out. also overmaster doesn't make the 75. i'm trying not to respond too much without having been able to play for a while now, but i constantly see people asking about cards.....just read the thread, it's all there.
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    chalice was mentioned and tried. didn't work out. also overmaster doesn't make the 75. i'm trying not to respond too much without having been able to play for a while now, but i constantly see people asking about cards.....just read the thread, it's all there.
    Ruby Storm should be played offensively / aggressively – Chalice does little to further this goal. The same goes for Overmaster (which I personally tried) ... I rather have more redundancy than protection. My two cents!

EDITED:
    Compacta_d: Faithless Looting is good but risky early in the game... I would consider 2 copies max. A single Tormenting Voice greases the wheels very nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by vieko View Post
    Ruby Storm should be played offensively / aggressively – Chalice does little to further this goal. The same goes for Overmaster (which I personally tried) ... I rather have more redundancy than protection. My two cents!
    Okay, I will re-read the thread.

Thanks for the input guys. Hoping I can help test cards and further the deck to be stronger.

Thread has been re-read. Playing it at fnm tonight despite needing to double down for EW. I need a breath of fresh air and this is the deck. If it rocks hard enough in the...two tournaments I have before EW, I may bring it to EW. Here's my list.

4 ancient tomb
    4 bloodstained mire
    5 mountain

4 ruby medallion
    1 helm of awakening
    4 lotus petal
    4 lion's eye diamond

4 seething song
    4 rite of flame
    4 manamorphose

4 act on impule
    3 reforge the soul
    2 hazoret's undying fury
    1 gamble
    1 empty the warrens

4 burning wish
    3 past in flames
    4 gitaxian probe

sb

1 reforge the soul
    1 empty the warrens
    1 goblin war strike
    1 tendrils of agony
    1 past in flames
    1 telemin preformance
    1 cave-in
    1 by force
    2 defense grid
    2 scab-clan berserker
    2 blood moon
    1 magus of the moon

Couple things I HAVEN'T seen you guys really talk about. Fetch lands. I think reducing the number of lands in a deck like this is pretty key. I know the math already and how most people say it isn't big enough percentage to worry about, but when your wheeling and furying you see too many cards for it to not matter. Not to mention drawing more gas is more likely late game. Most of the lists with fetches seem to be running badlands and the conversation seemed to skew towards "play this or play tes if you want black". Even tiny percentage with a high enough draw number makes a difference.

Nobody thought of Molten Psyche? Feel like it could be awesome in the wish board, get's around Leyline of Sancitity type stuff, as rare as that is, also wheels anyway. I feel like the deck could be pushed into a wheel only type thing with Great Furnaces, but probably a different deck and I like this one.

I'm rather familiar with my local meta and fully expect to see: Storm-both variants, reanimator, belcher, possible infect, 4 color control, eldrazi, turbo depths, burn, and store has a loaner DNT.

4 color control is a good friend, so i expect if we get paired, it will be extremely difficult. He's used to 10+ years of my shenannigans regardless of element of surprise of the cards.

Is burn matchup THAT bad? Dragon's claw seems good? You can't sb for everything though! Doubly so with a wish board.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by compacta_d View Post
    Thread has been re-read. Playing it at fnm tonight despite needing to double down for EW. I need a breath of fresh air and this is the deck. If it rocks hard enough in the...two tournaments I have before EW, I may bring it to EW. Here's my list.

4 ancient tomb
    4 bloodstained mire
    5 mountain

4 ruby medallion
    1 helm of awakening
    4 lotus petal
    4 lion's eye diamond

4 seething song
    4 rite of flame
    4 manamorphose

4 act on impule
    3 reforge the soul
    2 hazoret's undying fury
    1 gamble
    1 empty the warrens

4 burning wish
    3 past in flames
    4 gitaxian probe

sb

1 reforge the soul
    1 empty the warrens
    1 goblin war strike
    1 tendrils of agony
    1 past in flames
    1 telemin preformance
    1 cave-in
    1 by force
    2 defense grid
    2 scab-clan berserker
    2 blood moon
    1 magus of the moon

Couple things I HAVEN'T seen you guys really talk about. Fetch lands. I think reducing the number of lands in a deck like this is pretty key. I know the math already and how most people say it isn't big enough percentage to worry about, but when your wheeling and furying you see too many cards for it to not matter. Not to mention drawing more gas is more likely late game. Most of the lists with fetches seem to be running badlands and the conversation seemed to skew towards "play this or play tes if you want black". Even tiny percentage with a high enough draw number makes a difference.

Nobody thought of Molten Psyche? Feel like it could be awesome in the wish board, get's around Leyline of Sancitity type stuff, as rare as that is, also wheels anyway. I feel like the deck could be pushed into a wheel only type thing with Great Furnaces, but probably a different deck and I like this one.

I'm rather familiar with my local meta and fully expect to see: Storm-both variants, reanimator, belcher, possible infect, 4 color control, eldrazi, turbo depths, burn, and store has a loaner DNT.

4 color control is a good friend, so i expect if we get paired, it will be extremely difficult. He's used to 10+ years of my shenannigans regardless of element of surprise of the cards.

Is burn matchup THAT bad? Dragon's claw seems good? You can't sb for everything though! Doubly so with a wish board.
    I'd be cautious to play fetches. Life is a resource with the deck, playing tombs and probes.

If you want to dodge leyline, just play guttersnipe.

Regarding 4c. Ask your friend to play a lot of games with you. You'll need practice.

Dragons Claw can be okay. I'm assuming a mono red player will bring in smash to smithereens, but if you are that afraid of burn, it's bc of pillar effects, and likely nothing else. Just keep that in mind.
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    I'd be cautious to play fetches. Life is a resource with the deck, playing tombs and probes.

If you want to dodge leyline, just play guttersnipe.

Regarding 4c. Ask your friend to play a lot of games with you. You'll need practice.

Dragons Claw can be okay. I'm assuming a mono red player will bring in smash to smithereens, but if you are that afraid of burn, it's bc of pillar effects, and likely nothing else. Just keep that in mind.
    I went 2-2. Lost to reanimator. Beat show and tellx2 and lost to turbo depths.

My Show and tell opponents were a bit new, but I'm not entirely sure what they could have done during our matches as I saw their hands multiple times with probe. Possible they just couldn't find the gas in the games they lost.

against turbo depths I turn 0-ed 10 goblin tokens. He turn 2'd a marit lage. got me at his 1 life. One more storm I'd have won.

Some notes I have though:

Telemin Preformance stole me a game 1 versus reanimator. I got his griselbrand drew 7, didn't win outright there, but was able to hit the following turn, draw 7 then storm out. Still lost round. Game 2 turn 1 iona. game 3 was a bit more sluggish.

My storm count got arbitrarily high in one game. I stopped counting at 20. I didn't draw Burning Wish or Past in Flames for a LONG time. My opponent checked out, and I was saying "Sorry, not BMing you, just haven't seen the win condition yet". I didn't want to sour him on legacy.

I can see why people were flip-flopping on HUF. It's either christmas or lands. I hit lands won game and fizzled out. People seem to think it makes the deck though. I am not so sure.

Changes: -1 HUF +1 Helm of Awakening.

I was also surprised at how little helm mattered to my opponent's. Not a lot of fluff in CMC's outside maybe stompy lists? and I think the deck can outrace those.

Don't NEED rocks to go off, but they do make it interesting.

I wanted Surgical Extraction over the Scab-Clans almost always. -2 scabs +2 surgicals for the SB change.

I can see why faithless may not be best in this deck...even though it is my favorite magic card. 3 Gambles may be the gospel truth. Gamble was a super star every time. When there are 2 HUFS....i think they can be gambles and be better for the deck.

LED is insane in this deck. There are so many opportunities to crack it, basically risk free or payment free, it's a damn lotus very often. Reforge, AOI, Hazoret's, PIF, even Gamble.

I'm going to play this list on Tuesday:

4 ancient tomb
    4 bloodstained mire
    5 mountain

4 ruby medallion
    2 helm of awakening
    4 lotus petal
    4 lion's eye diamond

4 seething song
    4 rite of flame
    4 manamorphose

4 act on impule
    3 reforge the soul
    1 hazoret's undying fury
    1 gamble
    1 empty the warrens

4 burning wish
    3 past in flames
    4 gitaxian probe

sb

1 reforge the soul
    1 empty the warrens
    1 goblin war strike
    1 tendrils of agony
    1 past in flames
    1 telemin preformance
    1 cave-in
    1 by force
    2 defense grid
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 blood moon
    1 magus of the moon

13 land was still quite a bit. I think the deck can do 12, but don't want to push too many changes at once. 1 MD card and 2 SB cards. Goblin war strike out of SB may be win more. Cave-in damaging myself actually got me in some practice rounds v burn. I've noticed unless they have the eidelon, it's very easy to outrace them. I think defense grids come in v them as well.

In regards to dragon's claw, that is kind of the point. 1 reduces the damage from pillar effects. 2 negates it entirely. not to mention reduces all of their damage. Maybe it's not enough.

I'll try guttersnipe eventually. Right now I don't like it because it's not a sorcery. With no other creatures in the deck, it can eat removal, increase the moments of interaction where removal is otherwise blanked, and doesn't recur in anyway unlike the rest of the deck. If I am storming 10 to kill them already, chances are I can wish or get tokens to win the game. I would rather a main deck Tendrils, which I am considering as well.

I ordered 4 Shreds of Sanity. I think this card fulfills the Ill-Gotten gains part of storm/spanish. I may try it 1 of mainboard then see how that goes. Bonus is that it gets a ritual+payoff spell discard, anything really. Reducing the cost is extra bonus for this as well. MORE redundancy.

I'm not entirely sure the deck needs a win con main deck. I know that's risky business though.

In testing versus burn the fetch lands weren't THAT detrimental.

I still prefer them and will keep playing them until they burn me.

Overall this deck is a blast to play. I think people aren't giving it the credit it's due. It's very strong. I was surprised at the resilience multiple maindeck wheels, AOI's, and PIF's provide. AOI's seem to require 1-2 additional mana to grab the cards out of exile though. Note for playing. It's not FREE free.

I may play this at Eternal Weekend. I liked it that much.

Regardless I have tourneys every Tuesday and Friday in the chicago area. I'll be able to get many real life example games in with this deck to help tune it.

P.S. I would have called it Hot Wheels. Ruby Storm is good and to the point though. Like that name too.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

good find with shreds of sanity. seems good as long as you have 1 card in hand before casting it. i'm not sure if 13 lands is correct. it can still be a bit tough to hit your 2nd land with only 13, especially with only 9 red + 4 lotus petal. just from my experience it's not enough, but feel free to be a bit greedy.

the berserkers are excellent if you end up playing vs storm. i'm not sure i would just straight up cut them based on your recent experience. you didn't even play against storm.

also led + gamble isn't really much of a combo. unless if you're getting past in flames, but you don't need to crack LED first.

good luck with your tweaking. if i had more time i'd play, but am quite busy. perhaps shreds of sanity is the card i overlooked.

if i wanted to test this card i would start with my latest list:

Spells (45)
    4 Lion’s Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    1 Gamble
    4 Rite of Flame
    4 Burning Wish
    4 Manamorphose
    1 Helm of Awakening
    4 Ruby Medallion
    4 Act on Impulse
    4 Seething Song
    2 Empty the Warrens
    3 Past in Flames
    2 Reforge the Soul
    Lands (15)
    2 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    11 Mountain

and modify it to:

Spells (45)
    4 Lion’s Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    1 Gamble
    4 Rite of Flame
    4 Burning Wish
    4 Manamorphose
    1 Helm of Awakening
    4 Ruby Medallion
    4 Act on Impulse
    4 Seething Song
    3 Past in Flames
    2 Shreds of Sanity
    2 Reforge the Soul
    Lands (15)
    2 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    11 Mountain

if you want to be really greedy i'd maybe go down to 14 lands for a 3rd shred/wheel. not sure i'd feel comfortable with less than 14, especially at an event with more than 3-4 rounds.
    -rob

So do you feel comfortable removing the main deck win con? Or is that a typo. Can always bring it in game 2.

Shreds gets 2 cards back. Imo good even in empty hand but yeah obviously best discarding lands or something. Important to point out bc it gets a ritual and payoff spell though.

Leaving it at 13 lands for now.

Edit-think I'm just gonna swap empty for tendrils mained. Can have 1 sb too

Thread Information