Thread: [Podcast] The Salt Mine Episode 15 ft Alex J Chen and Ethan Gaieski: GP Vegas

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

[Podcast] The Salt Mine Episode 15 ft Alex J Chen and Ethan Gaieski: GP Vegas

On this episode Steve, Sean and Matt are joined by streamers Alex Jay Chen and Ethan Gaieski to talk about GP Vegas. They banter about the results, Alex and Ethan’s runs, as well as a variety of other topics, such as where Alex and Ethan see themselves with Magic, the nature of content creation and the typical ragging on Sneak & Show. Enjoy!

https://thesaltminesite.com/2017/07/...team-mongoose/
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Re: [Podcast] The Salt Mine Episode 15 ft Alex J Chen and Ethan Gaieski: GP Vegas

This was such a pleasure to record, hope y'all enjoy it :D

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Re: [Podcast] The Salt Mine Episode 15 ft Alex J Chen and Ethan Gaieski: GP Vegas

My favorite bit on this episode

"Here's the thing about sneak and sho-"
    "Shut up"
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

the sound qualitiy is soo bad it hurts my ears
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    the sound qualitiy is soo bad it hurts my ears
    We ended up recording this one in pretty adverse circumstances, had to do the best with what we had. :( We'll defs try and fix this up in future eps with better mics.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    My favorite bit on this episode

"Here's the thing about sneak and sho-"
    "Shut up"
    That, and Steve's American impression.

Nicely done, guys.

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

Good stuff, it was a nice listen. I felt it was quite ironic though to hear a 20 year old call a 16 year old a kid. And the age restrictions in the US are so retarded. Driving a car at 16? Sure, no problem, not like that is any sort of responsibility. But seeing a boob, omg no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

"Your tournament is not going to be derailed by playing against some bullshit on day one."

"Because you are the bullshit."

Yep. Never change boys.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Ragging on SnS never gets boring, another great one guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Feb 2010
    Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by UseLess View Post
    Good stuff, it was a nice listen. I felt it was quite ironic though to hear a 20 year old call a 16 year old a kid. And the age restrictions in the US are so retarded. Driving a car at 16? Sure, no problem, not like that is any sort of responsibility. But seeing a boob, omg no!
    Whoever was explaining strip clubs in LV doesn't seem to get how they work. 18 and over clubs can't serve alcohol and thus are usually full-nude so as to have some reason to go. 21 and over clubs can serve alcohol, and in many US jurisdictions are only allowed to be topless as a result. Basically, they don't want extra drunk guys hanging around exposed slime holes for fear of caveman fights and prostitution breaking out.

None of this is my way of saying sexual prurience laws in Vegas make any kind of sense whatsoever. You get hooker ads on *literally* every street corner in that town.

All the copies target you.
    Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

There is one club in Las Vegas that serves alcohol and is fully-nude, which was grandfathered-in when the law changed.
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

I'm hoping that club is as sleazy and morally bankrupt as it sounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

This is a perfect example of why I love this site.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I enjoyed the discussion on how to properly place a pen on ones ear
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Thread Information