Do you like to play with cool things? Look, this time, I'm just going to give you the decklist. You tell me.

Code:
4 Battlefield Forge
4 Inspiring Vantage
10 Mountain
------------
2 Thran Turbine
2 Brittle Effigy
4 Temporal Aperture
4 Winter Orb
-------------
4 Raise the Alarm
2 Starstorm
4 Warleader's Helix
4 Cast Out
3 Violent Eruption
---------------
4 Braid of Fire
---------------
2 Molten Hydra
2 Skyship Stalker
4 Bogardan Hellkite
Go ahead, think about it. I'll wait.

Ready?

Okay, so the printing of Cast Out finally made it possible for me to jam three of my favorite cards together and actually make it work a decent amount of the time.

Three great tastes that taste great together!

The general idea here is that Braid and Turbine create lots of mana, but only during your upkeep. If your deck was designed to be able to use this mana each turn somehow, then in theory you could really unlock the huge acceleration they offer. Temporal Aperture is hilariously awesome here. It drops for cheap, and you can start activating it during your upkeep to basically draw a card and cast it for free. Good times!

Problem is, you need to be running at instant-speed almost exclusively. Aperture during your upkeep isn't much good if you draw the card afterwards; you need to be able to play it for free. Ditto with Braid mana; it needs to be instant speed or you're not able to use the mana. Luckily, with the printing of Cast Out as a very solid removal effect at instant speed, we can run most of the deck this fast and be fine!

Of course, for instant-speed win conditions that like lots of red mana, there's only one finisher worth talking about

The rest of the instant-speed package is rounded out with some mass removal in the form of Volcanic Eruption (a card that is criminally underplayed for how amazing it is), Helix (solid instant-speed removal; make it Lightning Helix if you're not willing to gamble on having your upkeep mana active), Starstorm (did you know that Turbine can pay for Cycling in a pinch?) and...

..what? Yeah, it's good. It's instant-speed, so it cooperates with our mana base and Aperture. It creates some early game bodies for blocking, or flashes them in as removal against an attacking opponent. Overall, given how slow this deck can be, this really just plugs a hole in the control plan in the early game.

Winter Orb is kind of a no-brainer, since you can often rely on your upkeep mana, and your opponent cannot.

Finally, there are a few cards that play poorly with Aperture, but give you a sink for your extra mana. Hydra grows larger every turn and can do a really crappy impression of Walking Ballista in a punch. Skyship is the best evasive firebreather that doesn't cost too much, in my opinion. They both give you something to do.

Go ahead, put this pile together. You'll be surprised. Oh, but of course, you need the matchups too, dont you? Alright, well, here's the matchup results for The Best Metagame Ever (i.e. casual decks currently constructed):

Vs. Doran's Assault - Unfavored
The deck is too slow to beat Doran if it gets a quick Tower Defense on a few Nyxfleece Rams or something. Starstorm just doesn't work well against Doran's big butts.

Vs. Argoth Loam - Unfavored
If this deck is firing on all cylinders, it's hard to keep up. Lotus Vale makes Winter Orb less attractive, and like Doran, this deck starts barfing out really large creatures like Terravore fairly quickly that Starstorm can't handle. The lack of graveyard interaction means it's hard to catch the large creatures as they get larger.

Vs. Brood Processor - Favored
Your key cards come down too fast. Delay into a processor wont catch you unless they wait on their 2-drop to do it. Brain Maggot on the play can nail your Braid, but otherwise you should have time to set up before the Brood Processor opponent starts dropping processors. Even if they establish the Uba Mask - Attendant lock, you can potentially keep flipping cards with Aperture to avoid it.

Vs. Great Awakening - Favored
This deck is super vulnerable to you. If they go low to the ground and make swarms of Eldrazi spawn, your Starstorm / Eruption just randomly sweeps them up. If they throw Pattern of Rebirth on a dork and fetch out Emrakul or something, your Cast Out can answer it. Since your answers are so dense, you are probably okay.

Vs. Multiplication Tables - Favored
Mutiplication wants to do a slow role set up until it can start generating tons of mana off of Skerries using thrummingbird and Skyship Plunderers. You also set up slow, but your end game is stronger because instead of just more +1/+1 counters, you start dropping bombs. The only hope this deck has is assembling Kiora+Deepglow Skate, which will probably be game over for you.

....what... what do you mean, you don't know anything about these decks? What kind of weird meta exists at YOUR kitchen table?