Thread: Team Unified - blue mage deck choice

Jun 2014
    L.A., CA

Team Unified - blue mage deck choice

Hey, y'all, I'm entering a Team Unified tournament tomorrow and will be the blue player on my team. My teammates will be on RB Reanimator and either DnT with Chalice or an EnT-style deck. I basically have carte blanche on deck choice but can't play cards like Thoughtseize or Badlands because my teammate needs them. So I'm wondering which deck you think would be best in this special metagame. Here are things I'm presuming:

- Belcher will probably be everywhere 'cuz there's only one Force of Will deck per team.
    - Burn and DnT will probably be popular because there is little overlap in card choice.
    - The blue decks are most likely going to be fair because the combo decks take cards like Lotus Petal away from decks such as Show and Tell and ANT.
    - No idea past that!

So, given this, what would y'all play? And are there any other factors I'm missing for a Team Unified metagame? I have access to every Delver deck, most of the Blade variants, and most control decks (only two Tundras, so I probably couldn't play Miracles, though that's probably not a good choice in this metagame).

I'd really appreciate any input. Thanks a lot!

Mar 2007
    RI

Re: Team Unified - blue mage deck choice

I'd probably go with a Grixis deck, sounds like the Wastelands will be tied up in the Taxes list and the Thoughtseizes in BR Reanimator, but you can still put something strong together with the cantrips, Force of Will, Deathrite, etc that will have legs against the field.

If I were playing Team Unified, I'd probably want Grixis Delver, BR Reanimator and Elves personally (though the discard would have to be a bit wonky / suboptimal - Duress/IoKs sprinkled in places to pull that off). Or something unexpected like - Enchantress, Dredge/Burn, and Show and Tell.
    TPDMC

Re: Team Unified - blue mage deck choice

I agree that grixis control sounds good. Since wasteland goes to death n taxes, cabal therapy seems better than Stifle. Spell pierce seems VERY good taking reanimate dead, belcher, chalice, vial and various burnspells, also protecting your beatstick from removal.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Thread Information