Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Re: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Unless your local meta has lots of stuff like Eldrazi, Elves, Goblins etc I wouldn't bother with Moat. The main decks are Delver (Delver, DRS), Pile (DRS, Strix, Jace), Miracles (Jace, Entreat) etc, it's too situational and expensive.

It's cheap online and almost nobody plays it there either, it's not a cost reason that it's not played much.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

100% of the mentioned treaths die to Kozilek’s Return and/or REB

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    If you had access to a Moat, would it be something you would probably utilize in the sideboard, or would it not make the cut?
    I used to play Moat in pre-ban. Loved the card, it never “won” me games but it would give me more than enough time to stabilize.

These days since I’m playing only 1 ETA, I don’t run the Moat anymore.
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

Ok, thanks for the information. I appreciate you sharing your experience with it.

Is Teferi, Hero of Dominaria a better Jace?

It costs one more mana, but it’s absolutes are much more potent overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Is Teferi, Hero of Dominaria a better Jace?

It costs one more mana, but it’s absolutes are much more potent overall.
    Not being able to put a Terminus from your hand on top of your deck seems like a pretty big strike against Teferi compared to Jace.

It’s a permanent which costs 5 and dies to REB.

The best mechanic for this deck is:
    1) survive early game
    2) land a threath (Clique, Mentor, Gideon, Jace)
    3) Terminus the table and win from there.

Point 2 and 3 can be inverted.

Card advantage is just a mean to get a Gideon on an empty board.
    That’s where your train leaves

what do miracle players bring pyroblast in against just curious?

Jan 2017
    London

Quote Originally Posted by dnt4lyfe View Post
    what do miracle players bring pyroblast in against just curious?
    Blue decks?

I'm playing three volcs currently, so that I can feel comfortable bringing in blasts vs wasteland decks like Delver and BUG Leo.

Jace and Leovold

So principally mirror match and Czech Pile matchup.

Jul 2010
    Plano, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Everybody is coming back.
    Hay guyz, I am back.

I recently sleeved up a 19 land, 4 BS, 4 Ponder, 4 Portent, 2 Predict list. Sometimes the mana has felt sketchy, but it's really been surprisingly solid. I could convince myself to cut a Portent for the 20th land.

My first run last week, I tried out 2 Pyroclasms in the SB, but I'm thinking about probably cutting them since I only play 2 Volcanics in this build and fetching Volcanic early against Wasteland decks feels terrible. I'm really not so sure that I even want or need REB against Delver right now. The Miracles maindeck is so strong vs Grixis Delver that I'd rather just cut the 4 FoW for a couple Flusterstorms, another Verdict, and maybe a Path (or Moat??) then call it a day.

I'm not currently running any CB in the 75, but I haven't hit any Storm players at the locals yet either, so I'm not sure if this will be a problem or not.

Anyways, just saying hi, I've been out of mtg for a while. Maybe I'll check into the discord, it's cool to see some familiar people still posting here, haha. :D

Predictor of Miracles
    Aug 2015
    Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by Dzra View Post
    Hay guyz, I am back.

I recently sleeved up a 19 land, 4 BS, 4 Ponder, 4 Portent, 2 Predict list. Sometimes the mana has felt sketchy, but it's really been surprisingly solid. I could convince myself to cut a Portent for the 20th land.

My first run last week, I tried out 2 Pyroclasms in the SB, but I'm thinking about probably cutting them since I only play 2 Volcanics in this build and fetching Volcanic early against Wasteland decks feels terrible. I'm really not so sure that I even want or need REB against Delver right now. The Miracles maindeck is so strong vs Grixis Delver that I'd rather just cut the 4 FoW for a couple Flusterstorms, another Verdict, and maybe a Path (or Moat??) then call it a day.

I'm not currently running any CB in the 75, but I haven't hit any Storm players at the locals yet either, so I'm not sure if this will be a problem or not.

Anyways, just saying hi, I've been out of mtg for a while. Maybe I'll check into the discord, it's cool to see some familiar people still posting here, haha. :D
    Welcome, glad to see you're back! The discord is where we hold our primary discussions these days. Feel free to join us there and chat away!
    Quote Originally Posted by B88 View Post

People Use Statistics as a Drunk Uses a Lamppost — For Support Rather Than Illumination

Mar 2014
    London

An article on some new Miracles tech from Italy.

Well written with good logical conclusions!

https://thelibraryatpendrellvale.com...-marco-aquila/

Hope you enjoy it

Sib

This idea to play 3 Thoughtseize in the SB is weird.
    First, I am quite confident with the traditionnal answers (Flusterstorm, Surgical extraction...) to fight combo.
    Second, just do the maths : 7 blue fetches + 1 single Underground Sea + 3 TS = only 20% chance to be able to cast the TS on T1.

The only real merit I could see is that it gives Engineered explosives the ability to remove 4 mana permanents (Jace, Chandra, Karn, etc)
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

Black stopped to have sense with Council’s Judgment

In my opinion if they will ban Deathrite Shaman we’re going major back again. Reanimator will surge and we will have a very easy matchup with S Extraction and Containment Priest.Rebs are going to surge for Miracle and Czech Pile

Our win cons must be white

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    Black stopped to have sense with Council’s Judgment

In my opinion if they will ban Deathrite Shaman we’re going major back again. Reanimator will surge and we will have a very easy matchup with S Extraction and Containment Priest.Rebs are going to surge for Miracle and Czech Pile

Our win cons must be white
    Will there be any Czech Pile without Deathrite? Hard to imagine that deck functioning without the mana fixing. More like BUG maybe and B/Gx?
    Echinoderm is the common name given to any member of the Phylum Echinodermata.

Consider making powerful additions to your legacy deck by including the following cards.
    http://images.magicmadhouse.co.uk/im...3-69441300.jpg
    http://images.magicmadhouse.co.uk/im...0-27931100.jpg

Good call, but Leovold will keep on being played in a more SFMish built

Jul 2010
    Plano, Texas

I don't think Deathrite needs to be banned, but anyways... We used to discuss Black splash a whole, whole lot back in the day. I was never much impressed with it then and I don't see myself getting too excited about it now. Are combo MUs really such a problem now?

Hi

Upcomming miracles player here :) I have some questions that I hope some of you will answer.

Firstly can someone explain the pro and cons on running Entreat the Angels vs. Mentor vs. Gideon, Ally of Zendikar?

Also how hard is it to run Blood Moon instead of Back to Basics? I was wondering if I put in one more basic plains (from 2 to 3) running bloodmon and still being able to cast Entreat and/or gideon wouldnt be a big issue?

Best regards

For reference I am wanna do something like this:

Lands (20):
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Island
    3 Plains
    3 Tundra
    2 Volcanic Island

Creatures(3):
    3 Snapcaster Mage

Spells(29):
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Ponder
    3 Portent
    2 Predict
    4 Force of Will
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Council's Judgment
    2 Counterspell
    1 Entreat the Angels
    3 Terminus
    1 Supreme Verdict

Other(8):
    3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    2 Counterbalance
    2 Search for Azcanta

Sideboard(15):
    2 Blood Moon
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Pyroblast
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Wear // Tear (would you just play disenchant here?)
    1 Vendilion Clique

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    Hi

Upcomming miracles player here :) I have some questions that I hope some of you will answer.

Firstly can someone explain the pro and cons on running Entreat the Angels vs. Mentor vs. Gideon, Ally of Zendikar?

Also how hard is it to run Blood Moon instead of Back to Basics? I was wondering if I put in one more basic plains (from 2 to 3) running bloodmon and still being able to cast Entreat and/or gideon wouldnt be a big issue?
    Please read the FAQ on the first page.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Thread Information