Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Predictor of Miracles
    Aug 2015
    Columbus, OH

Re: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Lawrence Harmon is the original person to work on this, he wrote the article and all credit goes to him.
    Also, most of our discussion takes place on the Discord, please feel free to join us there :)
    Quote Originally Posted by B88 View Post

People Use Statistics as a Drunk Uses a Lamppost — For Support Rather Than Illumination

Quote Originally Posted by Minniehajj View Post
    Lawrence Harmon is the original person to work on this, he wrote the article and all credit goes to him.
    Also, most of our discussion takes place on the Discord, please feel free to join us there :)
    Invitation paz?

Predictor of Miracles
    Aug 2015
    Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by fluuu View Post
    Invitation paz?
    It's in the first post of this thread, in the primer.

People Use Statistics as a Drunk Uses a Lamppost — For Support Rather Than Illumination

[DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Is discord actually better than thesource though? My experience is its mostly chit chat and not all that much lengthy texts. I also fear that the learning experience becomes worse as important discussions will drown in the white noise. It has a feel of temporarity, a snapchat for magic, rather than the great archive of the source.
    I wish there were more action here.

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    Is discord actually better than thesource though? My experience is its mostly chit chat and not all that much lengthy texts. I also fear that the learning experience becomes worse as important discussions will drown in the white noise. It has a feel of temporarity, a snapchat for magic, rather than the great archive of the source.
    I wish there were more action here.
    Seconded. I thought it was just me being old and not wanting to change with the times, so to speak. I'm in discord chats (many of the legacy ones) but I don't ever use it because of the reasons you mention.

Regarding Discord vs. The Source: Same goes for me. You've already wrote what were my immediate thoughts and feelings about it as I entered a Legacy chat for the first time a few days ago. I think it also was the last time I did a move like that. Better for me to stay here in the forums.

So~ Pro Tour 25 was the first major event involving Legacy post banning on 2018. After that, we have GP Richmond and SCG Baltimore. There're numerous smaller events in-between and after. Sometimes it's important to watch how other Miracles players navigate and manage opponent's permanents, you might realize that there're lines you did not consider the first time watching. But, to dig around stream recordings is time-consuming and tedious, here're the snapshots from major tournaments involving Miracles post banning.

SCG Baltimore
    https://youtu.be/tWVl1ZGTiQE
    https://youtu.be/uGbGDZ76spw
    https://youtu.be/iKozLy_0uHU

GP Richmond or GP Reid
    https://youtu.be/o0wldr152i4 31:30
    https://youtu.be/u4VqOkHQHRM
    https://youtu.be/vzPTi9QKSOE
    https://youtu.be/k_qhpvH1_kY
    https://youtu.be/dtFQQHeeQ8s
    https://youtu.be/0A3n83EHjog
    https://youtu.be/l1sR9tMx28E

Notice that the major of the lists used here are UW (Das ran UWr), I suspect we might see the popularity of UWr rises again.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    Notice that the major of the lists used here are UW (Das ran UWr), I suspect we might see the popularity of UWr rises again.
    Is Anuraag Das' list from Richmond around?
    I thought it was interesting that the deck of the day was straight UW, and has been I feel going both into and out of Richmond.
    It'd be interesting to see what value remains from the red splash.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    I thought it was interesting that the deck of the day was straight UW, and has been I feel going both into and out of Richmond.
    https://twitter.com/anzi104/status/1043880068638896130

just pyroblast

i play UW and I cannot stress how much the red splash helps against other blue decks. there has rarely been a game where i've been able to outplay my jace getting blasted or responding to a blast during a counter war. also the red allows you to board for blood moon (<$20) vs back to basics (now near $90), although considering that Volcanic Islands are $400+, thats not such a bargain lol

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

I have UWr Miracles built, but it's not my first deck choice, but in the process of updating everything for Eternal Weekend I'm trying to dust off the rust with some of the card choices.
    It's still running Portent Predict, and in the wake of DRS being gone, Accumulated Knowledge has risen to be the new preference, which makes sense.
    It has a Gideon, Ally of Zendikar that should probably be a Teferi, Hero of Dominaria. I follow that well enough.

But then it seems every list dropped red while I wasn't looking. Going straight UW has its value, and Back to Basics does good work. But looking at Anuraag Das' list and a few other red splashes, they run Back to Basics over Blood Moon even though they have the choice. Is it so your fetchlands are still live? At the expense that their fetchlands are also live? I have two copies of each, so there is no budget concern.

I'm far from being an active Miracles pilot, and since the bulk of the discussion has moved off the Source, my goto point of smart people to leech off has dried up. For the most part reverse engineering a list is pretty elementary, and maybe I'm reading too much into it. That's only why I asked.

Predictor of Miracles
    Aug 2015
    Columbus, OH

I have UWr Miracles built, but it's not my first deck choice, but in the process of updating everything for Eternal Weekend I'm trying to dust off the rust with some of the card choices.
    It's still running Portent Predict, and in the wake of DRS being gone, Accumulated Knowledge has risen to be the new preference, which makes sense.
    It has a Gideon, Ally of Zendikar that should probably be a Teferi, Hero of Dominaria. I follow that well enough.

But then it seems every list dropped red while I wasn't looking. Going straight UW has its value, and Back to Basics does good work. But looking at Anuraag Das' list and a few other red splashes, they run Back to Basics over Blood Moon even though they have the choice. Is it so your fetchlands are still live? At the expense that their fetchlands are also live? I have two copies of each, so there is no budget concern.

I'm far from being an active Miracles pilot, and since the bulk of the discussion has moved off the Source, my goto point of smart people to leech off has dried up. For the most part reverse engineering a list is pretty elementary, and maybe I'm reading too much into it. That's only why I asked.
    Blood moon as two major follies to it, which is why most lists have moved away from it, even if they do splash red.
    1) The new rules change with Marit Lage makes getting your blood moon killed by grip (which people are bringing in the dark for the most part regardless) a massive liability
    2) Turning off our own fetch lands is a pretty big deal, but Blood Moon is actually just worse than B2B in a very wide range of matchups where B2B does something and Blood Moon does effectively nothing. These matchups include DnT, Sneak and Show, and even some of the Eldrazi/Post decks. B2B just serves as a one-sided armageddon, while Blood Moon would leave these decks still somewhat able to play magic via cards like Walking Ballista, in the case of Eldrazi/Post, and does nothing at all against DnT or Sneak and Show.

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

That's insightful, thank you.

I'm sorry, rule change?

Meh.
    Aug 2006
    Atlanta, Ga

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    I'm sorry, rule change?
    Change to how Blood Moon interacts with "As *this* enters the battlefield" abilities on lands. Before Depths would still enter with 10 counts, now it does not.
    Tusk up.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Just fucking ban the 600 pound gorilla and be done with it. FFS

Quote Originally Posted by whienot View Post
    Change to how Blood Moon interacts with "As *this* enters the battlefield" abilities on lands. Before Depths would still enter with 10 counts, now it does not.
    Oooh...

Quote Originally Posted by Minniehajj View Post
    Blood moon as two major follies to it, which is why most lists have moved away from it, even if they do splash red.
    1) The new rules change with Marit Lage makes getting your blood moon killed by grip (which people are bringing in the dark for the most part regardless) a massive liability
    2) Turning off our own fetch lands is a pretty big deal, but Blood Moon is actually just worse than B2B in a very wide range of matchups where B2B does something and Blood Moon does effectively nothing. These matchups include DnT, Sneak and Show, and even some of the Eldrazi/Post decks. B2B just serves as a one-sided armageddon, while Blood Moon would leave these decks still somewhat able to play magic via cards like Walking Ballista, in the case of Eldrazi/Post, and does nothing at all against DnT or Sneak and Show.
    Miracles noob here, do people leave or side in back to basics against Sneak/Show?

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

I leave them in/bring them in. Floor is it generally gets cantripped away or pitches to Force, ceiling can be very high and it's an out to Boseiju if you have it on time. The matchup is hard so high ceiling cards are good, even if they'll look embarrassing sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Vendilion Clique is normally stellar there. As well as REB and Flusterstorm.

Boseiju is surely the card I want to see the least. If you play Field of Ruin you should be fine without B2B

i'm slowly acquiring the pieces for this deck, last week i got a tundra, a jace, back to basics and some of the fetches i need; hopefully i will have completed it by early next year..i've decided to pick it up and stick to it for a long time..i'm leaning towards the u/w list..
    this was a very good forum full of miracles pilots who are really very knowledgeable about the deck and i find it extremely helpful, sadly for me lately it feels like most of the conversation has gone to discord..the same can be said about the FB group..while i'm sure discord is good, i've been hearing many positive things about it, i just feel more comfortable with forums like these and prefer to read info here..also, i think discord is blocked here at the office..
    i just wish this forum would become active again..

Thread Information