Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940 LastLast

Thread: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Re: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Narset does a fairly good impression of an Azcanta activation, is blue, *and* shuts down cantrips.

Hard to go wrong with something that all-encompassing.

Remember when we hated having to deal with Leovold? Well, they just handed us our Leovold.

Overall creates a fantastic asymmetry with symmetric cards such as Day’s Undoing

So how about newly spoiled Field of the Dead?

Land
    ETB Tapped.
    T: Add colorless
    When this or any other land ETB, if you have 7 different land names in play, make a 2/2 black zombie token.

With Snow-Covered lands, you can hit 7 land names with ease.

Snow-Covered Island, Island, Snow-Covered Plains, Plains, Tundra, Field of the Dead, Mountain/Hallowed Fountain/any utility land/any Fetchland

That's basically Miracles' already existing manabase except you change a couple basics for snow covered and maybe a Tundra for a Fountain or run the mountain maindeck or something. In return every lategame fetchland you play makes 2 uncounterable 2/2's.

That seems good, right?

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    So how about newly spoiled Field of the Dead?

Land
    ETB Tapped.
    T: Add colorless
    When this or any other land ETB, if you have 7 different land names in play, make a 2/2 black zombie token.

With Snow-Covered lands, you can hit 7 land names with ease.

Snow-Covered Island, Island, Snow-Covered Plains, Plains, Tundra, Field of the Dead, Mountain/Hallowed Fountain/any utility land/any Fetchland

That's basically Miracles' already existing manabase except you change a couple basics for snow covered and maybe a Tundra for a Fountain or run the mountain maindeck or something. In return every lategame fetchland you play makes 2 uncounterable 2/2's.

That seems good, right?
    Not better than a Gideon, AoZ anyway. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    Not better than a Gideon, AoZ anyway. Right?
    I'm not sure about that honestly. Gideon takes up a spell slot, requires you to tap 4 mana on your turn and is vulnerable to countermagic.

Field of the Dead requires you to use a land slot, change some regular basics to snow basics, and either turn the second Tundra into a Hallowed Fountain or maindeck the Mountain, which isn't as big a deal now that Prismatic Vista is around.

It's worth noting that Field of the Dead does work under Back to Basics, and can generate a token(s) during your opponents endstep if you wait to crack a fetch. That's pretty relevant for dealing with stuff like lategame 'walkers.

without land ramper you can’t use this before turn 7.
    if this uses a land slot and you’re playing Mountain as well good luck with WW and UU spells.

at the 7turn if we get there the real edge is given by card advantage. Jace and Mentor are our goals

Is this deck still playable with the abundance of Wrenn and Six? I feel this card is busted beyond repair and almost an autowin against Miracles... .

agreed. That little shit kills Snapcaster Vendilion Narset and recovers indefinitely Dark Deths.

Quote Originally Posted by mulder View Post
    Is this deck still playable with the abundance of Wrenn and Six? I feel this card is busted beyond repair and almost an autowin against Miracles... .
    Not sure that Wrenn is super busted against Miracles in particular, at least, but it is a card that has to be dealt with before it ults off against us. A lot of people are playing 1-2 Hydroblast etc. in the board, but I'm not convinced yet that blast is the way to go. Right now I am testing playing 2 Celestial Purge in the side, as it not only hits important red cards like arcanist and W6, but a horde of other black cards such as Marit Lage, either of the lilianas, leovold, gurmag angler, hogaak, ichorid, prized amalgam, chains of mephistopholes, griselbrand and sire of insanity, nether spirit, plague engineer, dread of night, baleful strix, waste not, ashiok, dark confidant, and so on. Also don't feel Clique is in the best place atm, so trying out other cards/options in its place till W6 settles down a bit (3feri, third b2b, 2nd verdict, dovin's veto, etc.).
    Echinoderm is the common name given to any member of the Phylum Echinodermata.

Consider making powerful additions to your legacy deck by including the following cards.
    http://images.magicmadhouse.co.uk/im...3-69441300.jpg
    http://images.magicmadhouse.co.uk/im...0-27931100.jpg

It's pretty busted imo. It comes down on turn 1 or 2, is very hard to kill, kills Snapcasters and Cliques, generates card advantage by turning Brainstorm into Ancestral Recalls, largely nullifies B2B and has an ultimate that control can't beat. I've been trying Spell Snare in my main to combat it.

Last night was my first tango with Jeskai Miracles. Nothing big, just some games against my friend with 4C ctrl. I'm trying the list with Arcanist and mentor. Is this still a good plan or am I better of just going straight UW with B2B main and leaning more on Mentor?

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Darklingske View Post
    Last night was my first tango with Jeskai Miracles. Nothing big, just some games against my friend with 4C ctrl. I'm trying the list with Arcanist and mentor. Is this still a good plan or am I better of just going straight UW with B2B main and leaning more on Mentor?
    Miracle is just having a hard time adjusting to Wren and Everywhere decks. the best planeswalker removal available if Judgement, and that card is slow and wont recoup any card advantage that has already been gained by Wren.

Anthony
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

Lots of tricks to do with this as a fetchable one-of

we are already having fun with that and this on MTGO. I foresee 40 Pyroblast decks soon

Let alone 4colors deck with W6 and that

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

I'm not sure if it belongs in a Miracles thread, but if it does, this deck that Diego Nunes won a 46 player tournament with in Brazil over the weekend is one wacky Miracles deck:

// Sorcery (9)
    4 Ponder
    3 Terminus
    1 Council's Judgment
    1 Supreme Verdict

// Instant (16)
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Dovin's Veto
    2 Force of Negation

// Artifact (6)
    3 Retrofitter Foundry
    3 Arcum's Astrolabe

// Planeswalker (5)
    2 Oko, Thief of Crowns
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Teferi, Time Raveler

// Creature (4)
    2 Monastery Mentor
    2 Snapcaster Mage

// Land (20)
    5 Snow-Covered Island
    2 Snow-Covered Plains
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Prismatic Vista
    1 Karakas
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Snow-Covered Forest
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Tundra

// Sideboard
    SB: 3 Veil of Summer
    SB: 1 Back to Basics
    SB: 1 Blessed Alliance
    SB: 1 Bojuka Bog
    SB: 1 Containment Priest
    SB: 1 Crop Rotation
    SB: 1 Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 Humility
    SB: 1 Hydroblast
    SB: 1 Nature's Chant
    SB: 1 Rest in Peace
    SB: 1 Return to Nature
    SB: 1 Wasteland

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

How does this deck sideboard versus Sneak n Show?I am trying to update my version, but idk what to board in because I don't know what this will board in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    How does this deck sideboard versus Sneak n Show?I am trying to update my version, but idk what to board in because I don't know what this will board in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    While the exact boarding against Sneak and Show will depend on your list and whats available to swap in and out, here's a very rough list of cards I'd want to bring in if I had access to them (some of these are obvious, but better to list it all out I think):

Any counterspells (including all blasts red and blue)
    Containment Priest
    Grafdigger's Cage
    Vendilion Clique
    Meddling Mage
    Pithing Needle / Sorcerous Spyglass / Phyrexian Revoker (for Sneak Attack)
    Lavinia
    Karakas
    Disenchant effects (if you expect Defense Grid)
    Bringing in Mentor to win faster is pretty reasonable too.
    Humility is good if you've got it, but its not a common choice
    Surgical Extraction often comes in because there are so many bad cards to take out.

Cards I'd typically take out:
    Terminus
    Swords to Plowshares
    Entreat the Angels
    2nd basic plains
    Back to Basics

Our lord and savior STEFANOGS has spoken:
    STEFANOGS (1ST PLACE) LEGACY CHALLENGE #12192348 ON 08/09/2020

1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Narset, Parter of Veils
    3 Oko, Thief of Crowns
    1 Teferi, Time Raveler
    4 Ice-Fang Coatl
    2 Snapcaster Mage
    1 Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath
    1 Entreat the Angels
    4 Ponder
    3 Terminus
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Dovin's Veto
    2 Force of Negation
    4 Force of Will
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Arcum's Astrolabe
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Mystic Sanctuary
    1 Polluted Delta
    1 Snow-Covered Forest
    4 Snow-Covered Island
    2 Snow-Covered Plains
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Tundra

1 Back to Basics
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    2 Containment Priest
    1 Council's Judgment
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Peacekeeper
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Relic of Progenitus
    3 Veil of Summer

Stefano is truely lord and saviour; i can’t remember when miracle was relevant before this. Also some card choices and numbers are odd and unintuitive, a real sign of a master’s brew. Can’t want to test this out.

Thread Information