Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Re: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Quote Originally Posted by wtgger View Post
    Abrupt is not anymore in meta and UR S&T has solution for meddling mage (pyroblast and more than one win con).
    Alternative WC apart from creatures requires SnT. The real threath is Sudden Shock or occasional Volcanic Fallout making our 2thoughthness creature based hate pretty poor

That deck is strong and I need a game plan for it. 3 Vendilion Clique can help though.
    Authority of the counsel seems strong against Sneak Attack but not against SnT let alone Omniscience

That deck is difficult to hate. May be we remove Azcanta from SB and we play he third B2B to never let Boseiju to untap

I feel like the UW lists lack a lot of power without Pyroblasts. The card is so good vs SnT and in the mirror.

UW allows Back to Basics which has been the greatest son of a bitch of the last 3 years against 12 Posts Big Eldrazi, Lands and Temur/ Grixis

If you protect it and Terminus effectively you normally win

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    UW allows Back to Basics which has been the greatest son of a bitch of the last 3 years against 12 Posts Big Eldrazi, Lands and Temur/ Grixis

If you protect it and Terminus effectively you normally win
    If you're not running Back to Basics you will definitely lose to Eldrazi Post. And expect to see a lot more of the deck...
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    If you're not running Back to Basics you will definitely lose to Eldrazi Post. And expect to see a lot more of the deck...
    As if you couldn't run blood moon in jeskai if the deck roses in popularity, and tbh it's a terrible deck.

Quote Originally Posted by NegatorITA View Post
    As if you couldn't run blood moon in jeskai if the deck roses in popularity, and tbh it's a terrible deck.
    I wouldn't say it's a *terrible* deck. It's got pretty good matchups across the board and some of the deck's toughest matchups are losing prominence in the new metagame. I think you'll see alot more Eldrazi Post in tournaments now, especially after it has done well in a bunch of the most recent Challenges online and the SCG tournaments held recently.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

In a strange plot twist, someone is now dusting off the old toy previously due to DRS
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...ccolo_th_place

Accumulated Knowledge

It doesn’t require setting but it takes the third copy to go on pair with Predict and Predict’s milling very often is an appreciated thing
    Sure makes more sense to play 4 of this than 4 Predict and it can totally help in getting out of a Chalice lock

Don’t know. In a extreme Tundra less Uw version we can consider Vedalken Shackles and now this

https://www.mtgsalvation.com/cards/c...-endless-atlas

Free card advantage. Again, it requires setting, mana and draws only a card

Azcanta is better in 90% of the situations..

Quote Originally Posted by NegatorITA View Post
    We're talking about the version with artifact ramp, correct? Blood Moon is very mediocre compared to BTB in this instance, or From the Ashes + Null Rod if you really wanted to put the screws on.
    Lands, MUD, Stax, and Miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    In a strange plot twist, someone is now dusting off the old toy previously due to DRS
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...ccolo_th_place

Accumulated Knowledge
    I played a Miracles Mirror online agasnt someone with 3 Think Twice (and 3 Counterspells) in their Deck... Propably just a result of the insane inbreednes of the online meta

I play 3 Counterspell and I am happy with it. They just don’t cope well with Mentor but that’s a minor issue

I am thinking to cut the only lasting Entreat for the third Clique. Without Top I have never had the occasion to really ambush with it, but I don’t want to cut it it is really card advantage and requires super fast answer

My list now

2 Clique
    3 SCM
    1 Entreat
    2 Jace
    2 Counterbalance

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    2 Predict

2 Back to Basics

3 Counterspell
    4 Force of Will

4 STP
    1 Council’s J
    1 Un. Absent
    1 EE
    3 Terminus

1 Karakas
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Polluted Delta
    2 Marsh Flats
    2 Tundra
    3 Plains
    6 Island

SB
    2 Azcanta (this can become 1 more Karakas and 1 B2B or the third Clique)
    1 CB
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Disenchant
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Mentor
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Containment Priest

I am thinking to cut the only lasting Entreat for the third Clique. Without Top I have never had the occasion to really ambush with it, but I don’t want to cut it it is really card advantage and requires super fast answer
    Entreat the angels is a very strong card against all decks that do not play blue.
    Aggro loam, eldrazi etc. are destroyed by an entreat resolved in the opponent's end of turn.
    The third vendilion is simply too much. Most lists play them only on the side.

Anyway.
    I have an existential doubt that I can not take off.
    I would like to play 3 main terminus and a fourth wrath in side, but I can not figure out whether to play the fourth terminus or supreme verdict.
    Verdict is better than terminus against delver based, but I do not really like against d & t because of thalia and ports (although it has the advantage of having a converted cost different from terminus for sanctum prelate) and against eldrazi because of thorn of amethyst (which it makes it look too slow).
    What do you say? Fourth terminus or verdict?

Jeskai list: 4th Terminus
    Azorius list: Verdict

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    I wouldn't say it's a *terrible* deck. It's got pretty good matchups across the board and some of the deck's toughest matchups are losing prominence in the new metagame. I think you'll see alot more Eldrazi Post in tournaments now, especially after it has done well in a bunch of the most recent Challenges online and the SCG tournaments held recently.
    I think you are right, but still I think it's a terrible deck because of how it plays out, I'm sure he can just defeat a bunch of decks on the spot, it reminds me of modern Tron, which sucks, I hate big mana robot decks.

This said, I'm running Angelo cadei's list (the same from Thomas on the last min ) and I think I'm good, I'm only missing one mana protection spells, in the maindeck , but I do belive it's only because I'm not of a mid-range player rather than a control one, so I still have to learn my timing.
    I do belive thought that quite the number of deck are riding to be troublesone for us:
    Goblin?
    Loam?
    Some stompy will always screw you with chalices on t1 and storm is harsh if you don't get a cb on time

Edit
    May I say I really like the AK pw list?
    Unsure how it plays out with 5 mana pws but I like it

5 mana non creature spell against DnT with 6 non basics and 10 fetches?
    Everything they can do against Storm is to hope onto Flusterstorm?

Also, what do they do against Show and Tell into Omniscience? They drop a land?

Fun and interesting but the list altogether is too cute and AK make sense only as a 4of

I like the absence of Portent though

Anyway I bought 1 Avacyn in place of Entreat and 4 AK in place of 2 Predicts 1 Ponder and 1 Counterspell

Let’s see how it goes. In case it should go well I think we might cut Azcanta from the SB because CA at that point would be enough freeing 2 slots for the long dreamed Meddling Mage or Stony Silent
    Last edited by Poron; 07-24-2018 at 09:23 AM.

5 mana non creature spell against DnT with 6 non basics and 10 fetches?
    Everything they can do against Storm is to hope onto Flusterstorm?

Also, what do they do against Show and Tell into Omniscience? They drop a land?

Fun and interesting but the list altogether is too cute and AK make sense only as a 4of

I like the absence of Portent though

Anyway I bought 1 Avacyn in place of Entreat and 4 AK in place of 2 Predicts 1 Ponder and 1 Counterspell

Let’s see how it goes. In case it should go well I think we might cut Azcanta from the SB because CA at that point would be enough freeing 2 slots for the long dreamed Meddling Mage or Stony Silent
    That's my doubt indeed, without cb some combo match looks really awful
    Which avacyn are you talking about?

Archangel Avacyn but I have already realized that the power of being able to Instant win gives this deck another 20% of good reason to be played

1 Entreat is going to stay

The Moat is coming in instead. Goblin, Elves, Merfolk, Maverick and a lot of other bitches who deserve some SB hate

Anyway red and Kozilek’s Return is still super needed

Maverick DnT and Goblin are common and it’s super effetctive

The Moat is coming in instead. Goblin, Elves, Merfolk, Maverick and a lot of other bitches who deserve some SB hate

Anyway red and Kozilek’s Return is still super needed

Maverick DnT and Goblin are common and it’s super effetctive
    So true. Moat is back also in my SB.
    I play 1 copy MD in my Enchantress deck and it totally shuts down a lot of strong creature decks.
    Kozilek's return is great against D&T.

Concerning Tefeiri, I tried 1 combined with B2B (and 2 Volcanic Island). I may be wrong but it feels too expensive... especially against decks with good mana denial strategies.
    I expect a 5 mana spell to be more impactfull (like Entreat)
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

A flipped Archangel Avacyn is an additional Terminus and flies over Moat

Serenity won me a couple of Moon Stompy matches. That and Terminus just gets everything they play but Chandra

2 Moat
    2 Serenity
    2 Back to Basics
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Canonist
    3 Flusterstorm
    2 Meddling Mage

MD has
    2 Counterbalance
    2 Spell Snare
    2 Counterspell
    2 Search for Azcanta
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    1 Council’s Judgement
    1 EE
    4 Force of Will
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    2 Predict
    1 Avacyn
    2 Clique
    2 Jace
    3 Terminus
    1 Entreat

2 Tundra
    9 fetches
    1 Karakas
    3 Plains
    5 Island

Great cards:
    Spell Snare
    Moat
    Serenity
    Vendilion Clique
    Jace

Lackluster
    Counterbalance (too random really) you are never allowed to Brainstorm aggressively
    Mentor (way too nombo with Moat and Terminus)

Jeskai improvement
    Blood Moon over B2B
    By Force over Serenity.
    Wear/Tear over Disenchant/Serenity
    Kozilek’s Return and then Mentor back to its best again with Meekstone
    Pyroblast

These are not minor.

I did not consider Solmnity. Good idea.

I like the direction you are taking.
    With your Karakas and Avacyn to protect your creatures, would it be interesting to play 1 Venser, shaper savant and 1 Minamo ? Old but effective combo I played a few years back, with Dragonlord Ojutai as a kill.
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

Thread Information