Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Re: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    As long as we're listing off bad cards, including cantrips that can't actually proc' a miracle trigger ("put into hand"), we should at least mention Hieroglyphic Illumination.
    Well against Leovold it’s a pro.

It’s true that Think Twice is super good for timely Prowess and Miracle triggers.. yes perhaps it should be tested. You can cast it and forget it for 30 turns..

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    Well against Leovold it’s a pro.

It’s true that Think Twice is super good for timely Prowess and Miracle triggers.. yes perhaps it should be tested. You can cast it and forget it for 30 turns..
    Tryed the ak list tonight, not impressed by ak, the first is terrible, the second is decent, if you live to beat a third good, but it may have been to late... Unsure.
    Missed the ability to check the to and pick mana or spells with stuffs like extra preordain/portent
    For sure fextra fluster and counterspell maindeck over cb were still good

Super true. AK is fantastic in the mirror and in some super grindy matchup, surely not against combo or pressing delver aggro decks.

I find myself losing/suffering too much to Gaddock Teeg.

That little dwarf blanks out Jace, Terminus, E.E, occasional Entreat, Supreme Verdict and so on.

Elves, Goblin, DnT and occasional aggro delver can bring back a lot of sense to Kozilek’s Return

Anyway guys Esper and Grixis are strictly better than Jeskay

Just consider Stoneblade package + 4 Terminus +4 Bitterblossom.
    Snapcaster + Hymn to Tourach and Unearth on Snapcaster Mage targeting Unearth targeting SFM TNN or Mentor is just overkill

IMHO black is the new deal but good cards come in double colored mana

Jace
    Liliana, Hymn
    Council’s Judgment and Humility

With the loss of red we lose Blood Moon but we gain access to Contamination and Bitterblossom. Definitely to be considered

Just consider Stoneblade package + 4 Terminus +4 Bitterblossom.
    Snapcaster + Hymn to Tourach and Unearth on Snapcaster Mage targeting Unearth targeting SFM TNN or Mentor is just overkill

IMHO black is the new deal but good cards come in double colored mana

Jace
    Liliana, Hymn
    Council’s Judgment and Humility

With the loss of red we lose Blood Moon but we gain access to Contamination and Bitterblossom. Definitely to be considered
    And Animatou if u're playing Esper.

Quote Originally Posted by wtgger View Post
    And Animatou if u're playing Esper.
    3 terminus
    4 swords to plowshares
    2 counterspell
    4 thoughtseize
    4 animatou, the fateshifter
    1 council's judgment
    4 ponder
    4 brainstorm
    2 predict
    4 force of will
    2 entreat the angels (bc of animatou)
    1 vendilion clique
    4 snapcaster mage

3 underground sea
    3 tundra
    1 karakas
    4 polluted delta
    4 flooded strand
    4 island
    2 plains

Something like that.
    And 1-2 toxic deluge in sideboard.

Aminatou just doesn't seem powerful enough to me. I think thoughtseize and deluge are the main reasons for Esper. I've been leaning this direction because the red blasts have been close to worthless in my meta.

What!? Red Blast effect and Blood Moon are much more powerful and versatile than Contamination and Bitterblossom.

I feel you guys have confused yourself with Esper Mentor and Esper Stoneblade. All shaheen soorani does is esper stoneblade, just google his articles, hanni on this forum is also an expert on that matter.

Esper Mentor used to be a thing because therapy + Probe. Issue with Mentor is that there're so many dread of night running around at this point in time.

If I play Mentor, the only 2 black cards on my radar would Engineered Plague and Surgical.

Quote Originally Posted by wtgger View Post
    3 terminus
    4 swords to plowshares
    2 counterspell
    4 thoughtseize
    4 animatou, the fateshifter
    1 council's judgment
    4 ponder
    4 brainstorm
    2 predict
    4 force of will
    2 entreat the angels (bc of animatou)
    1 vendilion clique
    4 snapcaster mage

3 underground sea
    3 tundra
    1 karakas
    4 polluted delta
    4 flooded strand
    4 island
    2 plains

Something like that.
    And 1-2 toxic deluge in sideboard.
    I just built an esper miracles list just to try Aminatou. A few things that I addressed while building it was using Aminatou's + and - abilities to their fullest potential. This means running counterbalances since we can better control what is on the top of our deck with the + ability. This also allows us to run predict again to get rid of top deck garbage. Im also running Jace TMS, and Teferi. With animatou's - ability you can get double planeswalkers activations in a single turn, and reset the planeswalkers loyalty every other turn. My creature package then would be a venser, shaper savant, a vendillion clique and of course snapcaster mage which all are synergistic with Aminatou.
    The main deck is pretty much a standard miracles shell except for the mana base changes to support black, and the Aminatou. However the sideboard is where I incorporated more black discard effects.
    See decklist below

4 snapcaster mage
    1 venser, shaper savant
    1 vendillion Clique

2 Aminatou, the Fateshifter
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Teferi, Hero of Dominaria

4 brainstorm
    4 ponder
    4 swords to plowshares
    2 portent
    3 predict
    2 counterbalance
    1 entreat the angels
    1 councils judgment
    4 force of will
    3 Terminus

1 engineered explosives

2 island
    2 plains
    3 tundra
    3 underground sea
    1 karakas
    4 Flooded strand
    4 polluted delta
    1 marsh flats

SB:
    4 Thoughtseize
    1 spell pierce
    2 flusterstorm
    3 surgical extraction
    2 monastery mentor
    1 back to basics
    2 disenchant

Quote Originally Posted by Ceralyst View Post
    I just built an esper miracles list just to try Aminatou. A few things that I addressed while building it was using Aminatou's + and - abilities to their fullest potential. This means running counterbalances since we can better control what is on the top of our deck with the + ability. This also allows us to run predict again to get rid of top deck garbage. Im also running Jace TMS, and Teferi. With animatou's - ability you can get double planeswalkers activations in a single turn, and reset the planeswalkers loyalty every other turn.
    I find it very interesting that you have emphasized the synergy between Animatou and the other PW (although there is however to consider that the double effect prevents them from climbing loyalty points).
    However I think your list is a little too heavy in terms of mana cost.
    Teferi has a very strong effect but 5 mana are really too many.
    A portent less and a predict more instead is a beautiful thought.
    In any case, I believe that at least three animau must be played on the esper list.
    Main counterbalance can be there; mine was an example list indeed.
    Let us know how the tests will go, I'm curious to see if Animatou will be the card that will definitely shift the balance towards the dark side of the force, in this case the black color (which against combo decks is definitely better than red).

Aminatou, the Fateshifter has great synergy with ensnaring bridge. Use her flaw in not creating card advantage to our advantage. Perhaps a planeswalker prison strategy with 3-4 bridge could work. Get maximum value out of Throne of Geth :P
    Last edited by Blink; 08-12-2018 at 07:55 AM.

I would rather play the fourth Jace before the first Animatou.

The “draw and replace” ability is incomparable as well as the -1

This said, Bitterblossom is fantastic with 4 Terminus and equipments. This must have a margin
    Last edited by Poron; 08-12-2018 at 11:05 PM.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Wasn't the first Miracles deck a pillow fort-like list? Are we moving back towards that?

Or is this deck just not good anymore?
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

Does anyone have a persistent invite link to the miracles discord?

May 2016
    Portland, OR

German Nationals Side Legacy Event on Sunday with 45 Players. I was on UW-Miracles after days of not wanting to decide between Miracles or Stoneblade. I had no real success with miracles since I came to it from blade, but my friends convinced me to give it the shot. My Decklist: Instant (17)
    4x Brainstorm
    1x Counterspell
    4x Force of Will
    2x Predict
    2x Spell Pierce
    4x Swords to Plowshares
    Sorcery (11)
    1x Council's Judgment
    4x Ponder
    2x Portent
    1x Supreme Verdict
    3x Terminus
    Planeswalker (2)
    2x Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    Land (20)
    4x Flooded Strand
    6x Island
    1x Marsh Flats
    3x Plains
    4x Polluted Delta
    2x Tundra
    Enchantment (4)
    2x Back to Basics
    2x Counterbalance
    Creature (5)
    2x Monastery Mentor
    3x Snapcaster Mage
    Artifact (1)
    1x Engineered Explosives
    Sideboard (15)
    1x Containment Priest
    2x Disenchant
    1x Entreat the Angels
    1x Ethersworn Canonist
    2x Flusterstorm
    1x Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    1x Path to Exile
    2x Rest in Peace
    1x Search for Azcanta Flip
    2x Surgical Extraction
    1x Vendilion Clique

Round 1 vs Eldrazi Stompy
    Game1:
    He opens with a jitte from ancient tomb after a mulligan to 6. Next turn he plays matter reshaper . I sword it and show him a t3 back to basics. The reshaper gets sworded one round later, he deploys a mimic, I get that and the jitte with explosives...mentor takes it.
    Game2:
    I see another nice 7. He goes to 6 again. Chalice gets forced and with 3 lands back to basics makes the comeback. Terminus gets rid of everything on board till there…GG
    Round2 vs 8-Moon
    Game1:
    I keep a beautiful 7 with 3 lands, stp, ponder, brainstorm and spell pierce on the play. He goes to 6 and opens with city of traitors into chalice on 1…fuck… draw a land…turn2 he playes a trinisphere. My draw that turn are the explosives… I make my landdrops and he struggles to find mana after his city is gone t2. I deploy jace and he gets tu ultimate uncontested.
    Game2:
    I have a very nice hand with 3 basics (2islands/1 plains). His early plays are smugglers copter. I get jace down but can not avoid that he gets to 3 mana. Hblood moon is not that bad for me now, but when jace is at 11 he it’s a creature. He swings jace down 3 with the copter and I stp his magus.
    We play this game for some turns and finally He swings with 2 copters at jace getting him to 1 and deploying a revoker same turn. He has no cards in hand and I had set the trap with terminus on top of my library. My game
    Round 3:
    UB-Shadow
    Game1:
    He gets his life down fast and deploys some threats (Delver/Angler) that get answered. I get both with stp and snapcaster -> stp. Chaining some spells we get to a state where I have deployed a mentor facing 2 shadow on 7/7. His hand seems to be arcward, because I plays the third one on the board. I have stp in hand, get 3 for 1 and mentor takes the rest.
    Game2:
    Same game, better end for him. i had a mentor but he had dread of night. .. his shadow kills me some time after
    Game3:
    A very grindy game. He gets a successful ltlh down, but endstep snapcaster and next turn endstep clique get him. I get a counterbalance down. Sadly he gets bitterblosom down. we grind as hell and a timely terminus and a verdict that beats his drawn countermagic control the board. He bleeds that from the lifedrain with me at 3 life
    Round4:
    Sneak and Show:
    Game1:
    His hand has 3 show and tell…he finds griseldaddy, I get 2 countered, the third gets me..draw14…sneak attack, emrakul..dead
    Game2:
    I get a medium hand but an disentchant. It is nuts against his early sneak attack. He deploys another I go for snapcaster disentchant. He goes for the wish, I have a fluster. Mentor takes the game some time later.
    Game3:
    I open a hand without force but with 2 spell pierce. He has no t1 play and I prays the gods. I win every upcoming counterwar and mentor takes the game protected by a containment priest in my hand.
    Round5:
    RUG-Delver:
    GAme1:
    I mulligan to 5. he struggles to find gas. On his turn 3 he takes the ponder, shuffles and draws. I take a second and fire a blind predict on him hopping to find my 3 land. I name delver…got it. I find my land, get in the game with back to basics and counterbalance and take it.
    Game2:
    I have an early RIP, but he takes me to 3 down. I struggle to get him dead and would die to a bolt because fluster and pierce are dead against his lands. But mentor and portent on him get me there.
    Round6:
    I.D. for undefeated after swiss into the Top8.
    We split the prieces in the Top8 bevor they get played. To get a Standing it will be played nonetheless.

Quarterfinals:
    RUG again:
    I have to mull both games and get flooded very hard..he takes them easy…
    But I am happy with my prices and having the feeling I did a lot right in that tournament!

Clique and Mentor suffer Terminus
    Brightling doesn’t fly and doesn’t flash in
    Gideon is so slow it would need a fucking Stasis to do something.

Hasbro, print us a new finisher please.

We definitely need the double pws situation.. Jace and?

I endure on my view. I have built SnS, never won so much and so fast in my life.
    The first game was a turn 2 kill SnT Omni Emrakul.

That deck is a joke.

The GP Top 8 Miracles don't run AK, but it feels that the trend has taken off.

AK builds:
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...nge-2018-09-03

https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/...tsons_miracles

GP Top 8 for reference:
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/...sts-2018-09-01

In my opinion AK can be al alternative to Jace

If you go Jeskai you can deal with his Jace with Pyroblast and play AK if you stay Azorius you should play 3 Jace

Overall double U is ok to have but 4 mana sorcery with dual lands around are quite risky

Additionally to have access to Blood Moon makes their Jaces much worse

I think I’ll try that (no Jace Jeskai and Azorius Jace alternatives).

I still don’t like our finishers and please notice the GP winner isn’t playing Mentor at all.

I totally like the UW hard control shell (2 CJ 2 Verdict 3 Terminus) and with that shell we need to win with pws.
    3 Jaces are not enough imho. Pyroblast is too common
    Last edited by Poron; 09-04-2018 at 08:38 AM.

Thread Information