Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Re: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    I would rather play the fourth Jace before the first Animatou.

The “draw and replace” ability is incomparable as well as the -1
    So I tried a legendary miracles list with Animatou and on her own she's underwhelming but when you get a snapcaster, v clique, venser, teferi or jace she becomes a real powerhouse. She also sets up predict and miracles consistently which is nice.

Worst case is she sits on the board and either untaps a land or sees an extra card.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ron View Post
    So I tried a legendary miracles list with Animatou and on her own she's underwhelming but when you get a snapcaster, v clique, venser, teferi or jace she becomes a real powerhouse. She also sets up predict and miracles consistently which is nice.

Worst case is she sits on the board and either untaps a land or sees an extra card.
    can you share your list,please?

New Abrupt Decay kills Jace

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post

New Abrupt Decay kills Jace
    Gets countered, it can provide a free shuffle (we WILL play a brainstorm in response to it to throw away all crap from our hands now, won't we? ) AND it comes in a meta that, B2B made people put a greater number of basics in their decks. Us included. :P
    I am not really impressed.
    That said, I can see the card played a lot but Miracles couldn't care less about it.

I can see myself playing a couple of Spell Snare now

Quote Originally Posted by polski View Post
    can you share your list,please?
    I modified Ceralyst's list ever so slightly.

4 snapcaster mage
    1 venser, shaper savant
    1 vendillion Clique

2 Aminatou, the Fateshifter
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Teferi, Hero of Dominaria

4 brainstorm
    4 ponder
    4 swords to plowshares
    2 portent
    2 predict
    1 search for azcanta
    2 counterbalance
    1 entreat the angels
    1 councils judgment
    4 force of will
    3 Terminus

1 engineered explosives

2 island
    2 plains
    1 swamp
    3 tundra
    2 underground sea
    1 karakas
    4 Flooded strand
    4 polluted delta
    1 marsh flats

SB:
    4 Thoughtseize
    1 spell pierce
    2 flusterstorm
    3 surgical extraction
    2 monastery mentor
    1 back to basics
    1 disenchant
    1 ethersworn canonist

You must have been playing DnT. Weren’t you?

First of all, I don't understand why one would splash black for thoughtseize and Aminatou. You gain so little and lose a lot more. That's not even the best Black cards I have in mind for control strategy.

Second, relax on Assassin's Trophy. I see the discussion on reddit and other places. When people were running Abrupt Decay, people were also running DRS. In other words, you have to commit card slots to produce that Green Mana, gotta work for it, aint as easy as DRS. Great news for elves, aluren, food chain, maybe shardless bug, and lands, but I thought we're all paying attention to Grixis and Shadow.

Third, on the topic of Single Card Discussion, I feel we should re-consider celestial purge
    Seen so many video coverage in which the Miracles player just lose to Lili, Last Hope. Purge a shadow, purge a gurmag, purge lili, purge bitterblossom, purge 20/20 that happens to be black. Say shadow player found their stubborn denial, snapcaster purge again. Further, it just happen to purge Chandra and other red idiots in Mono Red Stompy, along with Sneak Attack.

Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    First of all, I don't understand why one would splash black for thoughtseize and Aminatou. You gain so little and lose a lot more. That's not even the best Black cards I have in mind for control strategy.
    Honestly Aminatou is really strong with the legends build. Every time I've resolved her the game quickly changes to a favorable board state. Thoughtseize is okay sideboard tech but gives you a really good edge against unfavorable matchups.

I was running UWR for the longest time and am very happy with this change. The sideboard cards red has felt underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post

Second, relax on Assassin's Trophy. I see the discussion on reddit and other places. When people were running Abrupt Decay, people were also running DRS. In other words, you have to commit card slots to produce that Green Mana, gotta work for it, aint as easy as DRS. Great news for elves, aluren, food chain, maybe shardless bug, and lands, but I thought we're all paying attention to Grixis and Shadow.

Third, on the topic of Single Card Discussion, I feel we should re-consider celestial purge
    Seen so many video coverage in which the Miracles player just lose to Lili, Last Hope. Purge a shadow, purge a gurmag, purge lili, purge bitterblossom, purge 20/20 that happens to be black. Say shadow player found their stubborn denial, snapcaster purge again. Further, it just happen to purge Chandra and other red idiots in Mono Red Stompy, along with Sneak Attack.
    Celestial Purge is great against Liliana, but creatures have never been a problem to us. Shadow creatures are all dealt perfectly with E.E@1 and I have never had problem with that deck(which totally scoops to Blood Moon, btw)

I like purge in this black meta

Many black spells unfortunately. Seize, Duress, Hymn. Not permanents

Too tired to live, too lazy to die...
    Sep 2014
    On top of a mountain somewhere

Purge seems kinda narrow. If I were to run it in then I'd start by looking at some of the other 1 for 1 removal spells I am currently running. Main I have 4 Swords (stock) and 2 Council's Judgement (sometimes I throw the 2nd one in the board but I've been liking the two in the main). In the SB I have 2 Disenchant. Purge is a poor sub for Disenchant (obviously) so then the question comes to, do I want to remove a CJ for a Purge? While purge is much more efficient and tempo oriented (2 mana instant) the problem is that CJ can hit almost anything whereas Purge can only hit Red or Black Permanents. Miracles isn't a tempo deck and it doesn't care how long it takes to answer a threat as long as it gets answered.

On a different topic...
    Has anyone been playing with Accumulated Knowledge and if so, how has it been for you? Have you been running it with Mentors or Entreat (or neither?) It seems that the plain UW lists have been dominating lately. Has anyone been keeping their Volcanics in?
    mise 'miz v alter. of might as well (1997) 1: to win when you don't deserve to 2: to top-deck the "tings" you need 3: to be rewarded by an opponent's bad luck 4: to coin a phrase that spreads through the tournament scene like wildfire 5: to fling a monkey 6: to split firewood using a sharp instrument 7: To burn

I have been trying it quite a lot but it’s useless.

The third has given you the same cards as the third Predict where Predict allows you to mill opponent’s good cards or top card for CB. You just need to support Predict with some more cantrip like Preoardain/Portent..

We need something like UW Dreadbore.

PWs are too good against us.. and narrow answers like Purge don’t work. Think about Jace Ugin Karn and Nissa.

I'm going to be testing Accumulated Knowledge a bit after seeing it in a punch of decklists lately. Planning on cutting all Predicts and some of the Portents. Has anyone else been trying AK out?

Don't just have an idea - have all of them
    Apr 2016
    Germnay

Not yet. It seems quite interesting but right now I love predict so much.
    The best thing about AK is that you can play them right away without all the cantriping you have to do to make predict good. Maybe I play it the next time.

Zac Allen is my new hero
    http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/123763

AK and Purge.

Too tired to live, too lazy to die...
    Sep 2014
    On top of a mountain somewhere

I was determined to find out more about AK Miracles and where it came from. I dug around online and found in the miracles Discord #resources thread and I found this article posted by AnziD. (but not written by him ofc)

https://thirstforknowledge.home.blog...acles-who-dis/

The list at the very bottom looks well thought out and I like the reasoning for running AK over predict. Summed up, predict requires some set up which can be clunky. This set up is either a bad card on the top of your deck or a good card on the top of the opponent's. If it is countered you are stuck drawing a bad card (or in the case of your opponent, they will draw the good card you intended to mill).

I don't know about any of you but there have been times in which I've been under pressure from an opponent and I didn't have another cantrip or an extra mana to set up the predict and I've cycled it out of desperation. It feels pretty bad.

I've been doing some testing with the list from this article and I like the core of it. I think I'll shave a Main Flusterstorm for a single spell pierce since my local meta suffers from a lot of degenerate eldrazi players. I also think I'd rather have the 3rd Jace over the 3rd Mentor.

There is also a video link of Jarvis Yu playing the list in this article. I'll post it here to save you the time looking but I highly recommend reading the article to its end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBO_zUn1JOw
    mise 'miz v alter. of might as well (1997) 1: to win when you don't deserve to 2: to top-deck the "tings" you need 3: to be rewarded by an opponent's bad luck 4: to coin a phrase that spreads through the tournament scene like wildfire 5: to fling a monkey 6: to split firewood using a sharp instrument 7: To burn

Quote Originally Posted by Misersoneof View Post
    I was determined to find out more about AK Miracles and where it came from. I dug around online and found in the miracles Discord #resources thread and I found this article posted by AnziD. (but not written by him ofc)

https://thirstforknowledge.home.blog...acles-who-dis/

The list at the very bottom looks well thought out and I like the reasoning for running AK over predict. Summed up, predict requires some set up which can be clunky. This set up is either a bad card on the top of your deck or a good card on the top of the opponent's. If it is countered you are stuck drawing a bad card (or in the case of your opponent, they will draw the good card you intended to mill).

I don't know about any of you but there have been times in which I've been under pressure from an opponent and I didn't have another cantrip or an extra mana to set up the predict and I've cycled it out of desperation. It feels pretty bad.

I've been doing some testing with the list from this article and I like the core of it. I think I'll shave a Main Flusterstorm for a single spell pierce since my local meta suffers from a lot of degenerate eldrazi players. I also think I'd rather have the 3rd Jace over the 3rd Mentor.

There is also a video link of Jarvis Yu playing the list in this article. I'll post it here to save you the time looking but I highly recommend reading the article to its end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBO_zUn1JOw
    The article is great. I've been playing an AK list all month leading up to SCG Baltimore and it's been really impressive. The lack of clunkiness cannot be understated at all; finding a window to cast a random 2cmc card versus 2cmc card + setup is a big deal.

It's also nice in a meta with a lot of hymns; each AK that gets Hymned turns into +1 card (or more) later. It comes up from time to time. And snapcaster when you have 2+ AK's in the yard feels REALLY nice in grindy matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by walked View Post
    The article is great. I've been playing an AK list all month leading up to SCG Baltimore and it's been really impressive. The lack of clunkiness cannot be understated at all; finding a window to cast a random 2cmc card versus 2cmc card + setup is a big deal.

It's also nice in a meta with a lot of hymns; each AK that gets Hymned turns into +1 card (or more) later. It comes up from time to time. And snapcaster when you have 2+ AK's in the yard feels REALLY nice in grindy matchups.
    After reading the article i have to say i agree. From time to time you use predict only to instant speed draw your top card, for terminus och cb-tricks. With AK you can do that without wasting your two for one. I’m gonna try it out. Ive been persuing a proactive list for a while, i might end up running his whole maindeck.

Thread Information