Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Re: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Quote Originally Posted by zenitramleirdag View Post
    i'm slowly acquiring the pieces for this deck, last week i got a tundra, a jace, back to basics and some of the fetches i need; hopefully i will have completed it by early next year..i've decided to pick it up and stick to it for a long time..i'm leaning towards the u/w list..
    this was a very good forum full of miracles pilots who are really very knowledgeable about the deck and i find it extremely helpful, sadly for me lately it feels like most of the conversation has gone to discord..the same can be said about the FB group..while i'm sure discord is good, i've been hearing many positive things about it, i just feel more comfortable with forums like these and prefer to read info here..also, i think discord is blocked here at the office..
    i just wish this forum would become active again..
    Grats on having almost the full deck! I am having discord issues as well since I made an account some time ago for another game and now seemingly cant access the Miracles group

Has Anyone attempted to use Mission Briefing over snapcaster mage due to surveil's synergy with counterbalance?

No

Portent into Miracle into Snapcaster into Swords to his new creature is just too sweet

GP SHIZUOKA Day One undefeated Miracles

https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/...nabes_miracles

Day Two unfortunate 9th place finish Miracles

https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/...sts-2018-11-30

Notice that both decks are no longer running AK packages.

Oct 2007
    Berlin, Germany

Kinda off-topic: How come it's so quiet on this sub/forum? The post second from the newest dates back a full month!
    I remember times when pages were filled within hours.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by klaus View Post
    Kinda off-topic: How come it's so quiet on this sub/forum? The post second from the newest dates back a full month!
    Pretty much all the discussion has moved to Discord
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by klaus View Post
    People got sick of the same dumbass questions being asked over and over so they started their own discussion groups where they can make fun of people or kick them out when they ask dumbass questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    People got sick of the same dumbass questions being asked over and over so they started their own discussion groups where they can make fun of people or kick them out when they ask dumbass questions.
    That is really unfair. The Miracles discord server is probably the most civil and active mtg discord server there is.

Jan 2019
    Florida

Hi, new here, but old in Magic, in Legacy, and well.... in life.

Anyway, I have a team constructed event coming up where I am playing in the Legacy seat and have decided to pilot Miracles. I have some experience playing the deck itself on and off since a bit before the Top ban but it has always been a secondary choice for me (generally a die-hard DnT player). I'm choosing Miracles because upon casually playing games with it recently, I've really enjoyed the overall texture of the gameplay and this seemingly newish customization aspect Miracles lends itself to. I also am a huge fan of Back to Basics and when people started playing AK in the list it hit me with all sorts of warm fuzzy nostalgia from my youth playing control decks.

Now that you have the back story, I have been testing various lists and design theories in the deck.

I started on a Monastery Mentor-centric build with 2 maindeck mentors and maxed out cantrips with no Entreats anywhere to be found complete with B2B and aforementioned AKs. This list was solid, but I found that the amount of "wheel spinning" it did finding counters and removal to control the game up until I could resolve Mentor comfortably didn't leave much to use with him in play. It overall felt a little underwhelming.

After that, I shifted to a no Mentor just Snaps and Jaces list. Nothing fancy just grind/bore your opponent to death and win. This build was very effective at times, but I felt could be better.

Then, I started looking at lists that were 5-0ing on MTGO that had a very cute maindeck Brightling as a 1 in the main. As a DnT player, this really intrigued me a lot so I decided to give it a go. I didn't directly take the 5-0 list, I put together a list that I felt worked toward what I wanted out of the deck and so far Brightling has been fairly and surprisingly solid.

This is the Brightling List that I have been playing around with for a few days. (note: none of the lists I have been playing have had Counterbalance):

Main:
    3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Teferi, Hero of Dominaria
    4 Snapcaster Mage
    1 Brightling
    1 Council's Judgment
    3 Terminus
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    2 Portent
    1 Spell Pierce
    4 Accumulated Knowledge
    2 Counterspell
    4 Force of Will
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Back to Basics
    2 Arid Mesa
    4 Flooded Strand
    6 Island
    3 Plains
    2 Polluted Delta
    1 Scalding Tarn
    2 Tundra

sideboard:
    1 Spell Snare
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Disenchant
    1 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Monastery Mentor
    1 Path to Exile
    1 Supreme Verdict
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Vendilion Clique

A couple things I've liked so far have been the 1 Teferi, I feel diversifying the PW suite isn't a bad idea and Teferi is very powerful and combos with B2B to keep your Tundra's active (it's narrow, but nice). Brightling's lifelink has been super relevant, giving staying power to help turn the corner.

A couple things I might change... The red splash for Pyroblast in the side has been something I've missed a bit and honestly, maybe 1 more Brightling somewhere in the 75 if I'm going to continue down this path.

Overall, I'm not set in stone about a list and there are a lot of cards and builds I'd like to consider further and if Brightling Miracles isn't where I want to be by the tournament then so be it.

The tournament is on Jan 13 and I'm going to be looking at every piece of info possible between now and then to hopefully help me settle on a direction to go and hopefully a list. For now, I'd like to know everyone's thoughts. Have you tested with Brightling? If so how did it go? What Miracles configurations are working best in the current meta?(It's been 6 months or so since my last Legacy event). Thanks in advance!

I'd like to try out a 1 off Intuition with the Accumulated Knowldge playset. Can you think of any other spicy cards that would go well with Intuition?

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

You could splash black for lingering souls / cabal therapy but it starts to be another deck.
    CLICK HERE FOR THE RULES OF A VERY FUN MULTIPLAYER CASUAL FORMAT
    You very likely can build it without spending any money, just out of what you already have.

An example with my (very large) list in a visual form

Tonight I'll be playing some Miracles with Cardboardlive's very own Wilson Hunter! We're going to play with 4x Mentor and make an absurd number of monks. Stream will be starting around 7:00 PM EST. https://www.twitch.tv/deathandtaxesftw

Why doesn't anyone seem to be trying a SFM package (either MD or SB) these days? The only deck it seems particularly bad against is Grixis, whose K Commands deal with Batterskull very well.

Is the biggest pull away from this and toward Baneslayer just Grixis, and that Baneslayer deals with Eldrazi combat so much better?
    Last edited by theramblingfool; 01-13-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Eldrazi is not very common and it’s dealt very well with Mentor and Terminus

Command + Snapcaster definitely is the real deal there we need more counterspell or a new trick

Jul 2009
    Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    Eldrazi is not very common and it’s dealt very well with Mentor and Terminus

Command + Snapcaster definitely is the real deal there we need more counterspell or a new trick
    According to mtgtop8 it is the most common deck in legacy (admittedly just 7%, but still). It depends on your meta.
    @turingTested on twitter
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    これは水である。

I love UW control but the card advantage of Snapcaster into Hymn and or Command alongside with Jace has been historically the best after TC and DTT bans.

Let alone new cards like Liliana 2.0 and Fatal Push..

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    I love UW control but the card advantage of Snapcaster into Hymn and or Command alongside with Jace has been historically the best after TC and DTT bans.

Let alone new cards like Liliana 2.0 and Fatal Push..
    After the DRS ban that allowed Miracles to exploit the raw CA of AK along with powerful finishers like Mentor or Entreat, I don't think that Grixis control is considered a bad mu. More like 50/50 (let alone if you have dedicated sb slots like Baneslayer or Search for Azkanta).

Jul 2009
    Cleveland

Isn't Back 2 basics really good against grixis control, and therefore Search for Azcanta is worse?
    @turingTested on twitter
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    これは水である。

Quote Originally Posted by merfolkotpt View Post
    Isn't Back 2 basics really good against grixis control, and therefore Search for Azcanta is worse?
    How good B2B is against Grixis Control really depends on the Miracles version. In UWR B2B is usually sided out/not brought in, since nowadays Grixis Control plays with at least 4 basics and UWR needs to use its own Volcanics for the Pyroblasts consistently. In UW, since there are no Pyroblasts, B2B are usually brought in for extra mana pressure. SfA on the other hand is an excellent CA engine (even greater than Jace) that can be used against Grixis. B2B is a nuicanse for the Grixis Control. SfA though if flipped is gg. To sum up, B2B is a more general hate slot (and if your local has many Eldrazi, a necessity), while SfA is more of a control mu dedicated slot.

Wear / tear or disenchant, guys? Pros-cons?

Thread Information