Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Re: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Honestly?

I see no way to make UW better or equal to Jeskai

Moat is still playable by them against Eldrazi and Stompy but they can play K.Return 3 Mentor (and SB Meekstone) for a much more solid gameplan against Grixis, Elves DnT and Goblin. Not to mention random Empty the Warrans G1 answered by Pyroclasm

Overall they have a better Serenity which is By Force, Pyroblast and Wear/Tear for occasional masterpieces like killing Choke/Blood Moon and Chalice EOT with a card.

Oh yes, Worth nothing to say that K. Return is not a colored spell and kills under MoR as well.

Oct 2015
    Seoul, KR

I do like the 2 Volcanic main to support some Blasts in the side, but it cuts down the basic count which is part of the appeal of the deck. Then again, 5 Islands or 7 is rarely a large difference.

The MKM decks are all very different and I can't decide which one I like most, but I'm settling on this one for a Friday tournament, with just a couple of changes. One notable lack in all these lists is no Entreat, which I think is very important for racing or deciding when you need a game to be over. I don't think people should be cutting that card.

Main Deck:

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    3 Portent
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Flusterstorm
    2 Counterbalance
    2 Counterspell
    2 Predict
    1 Search for Azcanta / Azcanta, the Sunken Ruin
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    1 Council's Judgment
    3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    4 Force of Will
    1 Teferi, Hero of DOminaria
    4 Terminus
    1 Arid Mesa
    1 Engineered Explosives
    4 Flooded Strand
    5 Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Plains
    2 Tundra
    2 Volcanic Island

Sideboard:

2 Containment Priest
    2 Disenchant
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Monastery Mentor
    2 Pyroblast
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Vendilion Clique
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Engineered Explosives

Your main plan is to win with Jace or 1x Teferi? Seriously?

You have no line of defense for your only win condition? And SB Just 2 Mentor? No Entreat in a deep pws build?

Not so sure I would play it. At least play 2 Moat MD to keep everything at bay while you cast your Teferi

Oct 2015
    Seoul, KR

This is the top 8 list as is. I said I want to play Entreat, but this guy didn't.

Honestly the Moats sound really janky.

They totally are, but in a list without Entreat and Mentor how do you deal with Swarms? Terminus postpones doesn’t resolve

I am currently winning a league 2-1 and it would have been 3-0 if an Infect player didn’t triple Elf me and double Invigorate for turn 3 kill.

And the second invigorate was drawn that very turn. I am still so upset!!!!!!!!

Anyway Counterbalance against storm is worse than Canonist and against all other decks 90% of the times it is worse than a simple Counterspell

Additional creature hate, instead makes sense. If we are locked out of topdeck manipulation we can rely only on StP

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post

Additional creature hate, instead makes sense. If we are locked out of topdeck manipulation we can rely only on StP
    I tried 1 Path to Exile in addition to the 4 StP and I am happy with that.
    Explosives are great also if you play Jeskai. 2 in the 75 is fine.

To me, Counterbalance is a SB card now. There are too many matchups where it does nothing, and where I would have prefered a real Couterspell.
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

https://manastack.com/deck/rip-control-legacy-2018

This is the list I want to try out, I see that very few people try it out, but I've always loved the miracle/rip combo hybrid.
    If anyone has any experience I'd hear their criticism and suggestions :D

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by NegatorITA View Post
    https://manastack.com/deck/rip-control-legacy-2018

This is the list I want to try out, I see that very few people try it out, but I've always loved the miracle/rip combo hybrid.
    If anyone has any experience I'd hear their criticism and suggestions :D
    I've played similar RIP/Helm Miracles and the shortcomings I noticed were that Snapcaster Mage is really good. Really really good. So good I was playing them alongside Rest in Peace for when it wasn't in play. Which made it really bad, but without him, against a lot of decks and especially the mirror when they did have Snapcaster, you really did feel like the weaker deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    I've played similar RIP/Helm Miracles and the shortcomings I noticed were that Snapcaster Mage is really good. Really really good. So good I was playing them alongside Rest in Peace for when it wasn't in play. Which made it really bad, but without him, against a lot of decks and especially the mirror when they did have Snapcaster, you really did feel like the weaker deck.
    maybe that's why we should put some azcanta? find a way to generate card advantage?
    also I like to think that not only the mirror exist, but also all the other kind of decks ;)

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

maybe that's why we should put some azcanta? find a way to generate card advantage?
    also I like to think that not only the mirror exist, but also all the other kind of decks ;)
    Keep in mind that if you have a RiP in play Azcanta can't flip.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

May 2010
    Central Pennsylvania

Whoo we get foil portents.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefaces View Post
    Keep in mind that if you have a RiP in play Azcanta can't flip.
    even with blood moon!
    I think the usage of Azcanta should be limited to the scry only if included in the deck, for most of times:
    this is why I've decided to start playing the deck without it, yet, considering we are a combo, somehow filtering each draw may be really useful I think :)

Quote Originally Posted by say no to scurvy View Post
    Whoo we get foil portents.
    commander? new art?

May 2010
    Central Pennsylvania

Oh wait you're right, these are commander e.g. no foils.

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

I'm not saying just against the mirror, but that's when it's most noticeable.
    They'll have the same spells as you, but get to flash them back on convenience, unless you play Rest in Peace, at which point you're just back to parity.
    I'm not saying it isn't a valid version, you just asked for feedback and that was my main takeaway with the time I had with a build like yours.
    This was also back when DRS was in full control, so I was enjoying additional collateral success, can't speak to current events.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    I'm not saying just against the mirror, but that's when it's most noticeable.
    They'll have the same spells as you, but get to flash them back on convenience, unless you play Rest in Peace, at which point you're just back to parity.
    I'm not saying it isn't a valid version, you just asked for feedback and that was my main takeaway with the time I had with a build like yours.
    This was also back when DRS was in full control, so I was enjoying additional collateral success, can't speak to current events.
    mmmm I guess only testing will tell? for sure I won't dislike playing something slighty different for a while :D

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

mmmm I guess only testing will tell? for sure I won't dislike playing something slighty different for a while :D
    Yeah go for it, bring back results

Hi guys. What do u think about Aminatou, the Fateshifter (the new PW)?
    Playing esper also would give the chance to play toxic deluge, which is a good card against d & t, and the thoughtseize in SB.

Quote Originally Posted by wtgger View Post
    Hi guys. What do u think about Aminatou, the Fateshifter (the new PW)?
    Playing esper also would give the chance to play toxic deluge, which is a good card against d & t, and the thoughtseize in SB.
    Deluge is Not a good card for Miracles against dnt, not even close. It would cost 4 under Thalia via sorcery speed, paying life for creature removal effect is borderline useless when you could have done the same by casting K. Return without the additional cost, and being an instant to get over R. Port.

Some people like the idea of Thoughtseize in the so-called Esper Miracles, I'm not buying it.

Ok guys the deck is good, but I have realized that nowadays the worst card of an optimized list are the Miracle ones

It’s very rare to Miracle in opponent’s turn while it was the rule before and if for Terminus can be fine to tap everything in your turn for Entreat is definitely not viable

We have no problem, normally, in reaching turn 4-5 (the least to see Miracle cards as sexy) but at that point we would have no problem to summon an uncounterable and pitchable to FoW Suoreme Verdict.

I will try to play Verdict in place of Terminus and some kind of combo as finisher along side 2-3 Cliques and pws

We are very good at surviving but not at winning and Entreat is totally not sexy neither in your draw step or in opponent’s upkeep

Thread Information