Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Re: [Primer] UWx Miracle Control

What are people’s thoughts on Search for Azcanta in miracles?

Thank you for the spoil, I will test 1 off instead my third mentor

Any reason why anyone would rather play U/W Miracles instead of U/W/r, besides budget/flavour reasons?
    I see the deck doing decently well in MTGO, but the number of Counterbalance's is still pretty inconsistent. Anyone care to comment on that?

Quote Originally Posted by trinkets View Post
    Any reason why anyone would rather play U/W Miracles instead of U/W/r, besides budget/flavour reasons?
    I see the deck doing decently well in MTGO, but the number of Counterbalance's is still pretty inconsistent. Anyone care to comment on that?

I switch it up between U/W and U/W/r based off of how many wastelands I expect, I also like being able to play back to basics over bloodmoon so as to not kill fetches.

Tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
    Mar 2014

If you want blast effect and Blood Moon, play uwr, simply no other reason imho.

I see. I was just wondering if the U/W version was strictly worse, since it seems to be less popular. Is that the case, or are they up to par?

Mar 2014

Imho or a meta choice (for a little tournament, where you know if you opponent not playing many blue decks - and we want to play Leyline of Sanctity) or a budget choice for Volcanic.

In substance: UW version is solid, no doubt about this...but blast effects are very good vs U based and Blood Moon give us some gg. If you know your meta (and don't need blast/Moon), UW is a good choice.

So what would you consider the best strategy to fight Czech Pile and friends with UWr Miracles?

- Enough Red Blasts in the board, as well as Blood Moon?
    - Which win condition, Entreat or Mentor? Maybe even Gideon, Ally of Zendikar?

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

In my opinion the best build to fight 4c is with two Entreats md and 3-4 Blasts in the sb. A Snare in the md does a lot of work too.

The first Entreat is used to deplete their resources, they can use Strix + Kommand or Push + SCM etc to fight through 3-4 Angels (if they can't they die of course, or if you disrupt them enough). This gives you the time to find a second and close it out, I've been really happy with Entreats for a while now. It makes the Delver matchup a bit worse as Mentor is better there, but given the state of the metagame at the moment I feel like EtA is better positioned. There's so many grindy decks with spot removal which EtA is completely unfair to.

Gideon is also very good vs 4c, and Mentor is fine out of the sideboard, but both are interactable with cards like bolt/kommand and chip damage from strixen and snapcasters to take down gideon, and Hymn or Leo to shut down the Mentor 'engine'. Entreat is only really answered by FoW, which is answering any other threats you bring to the table anyway, or Flusterstorm. Fluster is very easy to bait out with Predicts in the matchup, or since you have access to Entreat you have such a superior late game that you are given the luxury or playing a lot more reactively. It's not uncommon to make land drops and are able to play around Fluster fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Mar 2014

For sure blast are strong vs Snapcaster but 4c is a Black-base deck and we need to counter his Hymn with Flusterstorm imho.
    Our snap are strong and Blood Moon is not bad vs 4c.
    Blood Moon don't totally block 4c because of basic Swamp and Island + Deathrite, but anyway can help us a lot.

I've win some games thanks to a super fast/protected Mentor.
    This is a good plan in g1 if have the right protection for discard.
    Maybe not the best but good.

I don't like Entreat but is good vs 4c, as is good vs Jund, Shardless and other grinding matchups.

Predict is very strong here because help us to restore the hand destroyed by discard.

Jul 2015
    Florianópolis, BR

Please, join the discord chat about Miracles:
    https://discord.gg/3bhfek

Mar 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanogs View Post
    Please, join the discord chat about Miracles:
    https://discord.gg/3bhfek
    Thx

Jun 2016
    Eugene, OR

Looks like Daniel Miller just missed out on top 8 with miracles. Anyone know if he posts on here or the list that he played?

Apr 2017
    Rome

Hi Guys! Today i've reach top8 in a Local league (35 players).

I'm playing Soothsaying Miracles, my list is the Stefanogs' one but i'm playing -1 Balance +1 Entreat and -1 Volcanic +1 Karakas.

Now a small report of the tournament:
    R1 Elves: g1 (OTP) i've kept an hand with terminus, Jtms, Swords, 3 lands and a portent. Terminus won the game in combo with Jtms.
    g2 (OTD) a blind flip of balance countered a lethal Shaman of the Pack. Gid Ally won 2 turns later.
    R2 BRUG Delver: g1 (OTP) several cantrips but 0 removal... lost to 1 flipped delver.
    g2 (OTP) Terminus into Jtms won the game
    g3 (OTD) t1 Soothsaying, t2 Balance, t4 Blood moon and easy win.
    R3 Eldrazi Aggro: g1 (OTP) I thought i was against goblins so i kept and hand good against Goblins... lost to a t1 chalice of the void with multiples copy of Swords in hand....
    g2 (OTP) Kept and hand with disenchant, Fow and a couple of cantrips. He started with t1 chalice, t2 i've countered his thorn of ametist plus disenchant on chalice. t4 mentro plus brainstor and gg 2 turns later.
    g3 (OTD) My opponet put in play 3 ancient tombs and he didnt' see any differnt land all the game... the tombs killed him softly :)
    R4 BUG Midrange: g1 (OTP) I've lost to liliana of the veil ultimate into jtms ultimate.... was however a long grindy game!
    g2 (OTP) i've kept and hand with 2 fetches and a lot of cantrips. Never find the 3rd land...
    R5 Infect: g1 (OTP i know... i was luck with the dice today) Oppo mulled to 4... easy win
    g2 (OTP) multiples swords, reb and 2 terminus won the game
    R6 Sneak and Show ID

Top 8 BUG delver: g1 (OTP) can't find any removal... i had 6 lands and soothsaying! Incredible game... lost to a singleton TNN
    g2 (OTP) same as the game before... 1 swords and gg....

Was my first tournament with Mircales and the deck seems pretty strong

Congratz fgi88 for your performance.
    How did you sb vs brug delver? I see That you win g2 thx to hace. As a lot of people tell me to don't keep jtms vs red delver deck I would like you have your (or from others) opinion and sideplan vs brug delver and why not pile

Apr 2017
    Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Goldensun View Post
    Congratz fgi88 for your performance.
    How did you sb vs brug delver? I see That you win g2 thx to hace. As a lot of people tell me to don't keep jtms vs red delver deck I would like you have your (or from others) opinion and sideplan vs brug delver and why not pile
    Against Brug delver i've boarded out the full set of Fow and the 3 balance. My side in was: 3 REB, 2 Blood Moon, 2 Flusterstorm. Side out jace is not a wrong idea but i've the superpower to open my starting hand always with 1 or more terminus... so jace is not only a win condition but also my 5-6 brainstorm. Also miracles have few ways to win the game and only 2 mentors against a deck running push, Bolt and decay are not enough in my opinion.

We have the same superpower... that's why after the top ban I played several month with scroll rack which is totally awesome with cb, terminus, protect from discard. Pity pile is in the meta and play too much kolaghan commands.
    Why you in fluster over cb? Cb van can win the game alone and protect mentor right? I prefer draw a cb than a counterspell in this mu

Apr 2017
    Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Goldensun View Post
    We have the same superpower... that's why after the top ban I played several month with scroll rack which is totally awesome with cb, terminus, protect from discard. Pity pile is in the meta and play too much kolaghan commands.
    Why you in fluster over cb? Cb van can win the game alone and protect mentor right? I prefer draw a cb than a counterspell in this mu
    Flusterstorm is there to fight Hymn to tourach, post board he put in Abrupt decay so CB is less strong.

Any chance I could get an invite to the miracles discord? Old one is expired :(

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Thread Information