Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Re: [Primer] UWx Miracle Control

hey there,

new miracles player here and new to the source.
    I wanted to hear some opinions on a basic mountain as an sideboard option in an UWr miracles list.

Also, do u sideboard in blood moon against delver variants since the top loss? before i always considered countertop-lock enough with blast effects, but now im not sure yet.

@beherast: Welcome to the source!
    Mountain is good in lists featuring a heavy red splash (e.g. 2 Pyroclasm + 3 Blasts +1 Wear// Tear in the board). This helps against Delver or D&T to get a "safe" manabase and still being able to sweep the board.
    Generally Mountain is a very controversial card. I for my part like it, mostly in lists with only 1 basic Plains to avoid being screwed of double U in the earlygame, due to having 3 non-U basics postboard.
    So I'd say the decision depends on your sideboard and on your expected metagame.
    Atm I'm playing with 3 Volcanic, cause BUGx-Midrange deck with 0-2 Wastelands are more prominent than denial-Delver or D&T.

In the past I've tested a lot of miracle variants (Entreat, CB, Mentor) to some quite good results in local tournaments (back to back wins with ~20 ppl).
    While I don't know which list is the best in an open meta, I'm coming to the conclusion (along with many miracle-friends, who had this conclusion even earlier), that 12 Cantrips (4 Portent) are the way to go with this deck.
    The flexibility and constancy of this deck are some of the major draws to Miracles over other Control strategies atm.
    3 Jace seems to be pretty important, too imo, as you need your win-buttons or topdecks in the Czech/BUG MU's a lot.

Might I obtain an invite to the Discord chat? Previously posted links not working, and thanks!

Jul 2015
    Florianópolis, BR

https://discord.gg/e2G7mRG

^This link will never expire.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanogs View Post
    https://discord.gg/e2G7mRG

^This link will never expire.
    Thanks for the link!

Has all the discussion in this thread been moved to the Discord chat?

Predictor of Miracles
    Aug 2015
    Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by koten View Post
    Has all the discussion in this thread been moved to the Discord chat?
    Mostly, yes, it's quite active and much easier to have an actual discussion than it is on a series on forum posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B88 View Post

People Use Statistics as a Drunk Uses a Lamppost — For Support Rather Than Illumination

Site Contributor
    Jan 2010
    Ontario, Canada

I tried that discord link but it says its expired....

Does anyone know what happened in SCG last night?

I heard that a Miracles player had the first seed (13-0 or something) and then he was dqed!!

Site Contributor
    Jan 2010
    Ontario, Canada

I think i seen it was for improperly discussing splits or something to that effect.

Yes, Daniel Miller discussed prize splitting in association with a result before the swiss was over (afaik from the stream commentators).

Despite the DQ, Matt Kuranda ran it back to an 8th place finish with a U/W list that ran two Search for Azcanta and two Unexpectedly Absent.

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...?DeckID=116974

Quote Originally Posted by god_campbell View Post
    I think i seen it was for improperly discussing splits or something to that effect.
    Damn! I was waiting for them to post his decklist then noticed his name was gone all of a sudden. Anyone happen to know the list he was on?

Getting back into Legacy, and strangely enough I am much more into this deck now then ever before. Top made the games so tedious and slow, but now the deck operates much more as a midrange control deck (at least to me) than a pure control. This makes it more appealing. Just bought into the deck on MTGO and trying to play as much as I can with my busy schedule. Again I am much more into a midrangey version so cards like Gideon and Mentor are right up my alley. Cannot see myself playing Entreat anytime soon. Here is my first draft (understand that its standard but lmk if I made any really dumb changes.)

4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Counterspell
    3 Terminus
    2 Unexpectedly Absent
    3 Tundra
    1 Arid Mesa
    4 Portent
    3 Predict
    4 Force of Will
    3 Monastery Mentor
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    1 Karakas
    5 Island
    2 Plains

2 Containment Priest
    1 Invasive Surgery
    1 Council's Judgment
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Back to Basics
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Supreme Verdict
    1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    1 Disenchant
    1 Pithing Needle

Quote Originally Posted by koten View Post
    Damn! I was waiting for them to post his decklist then noticed his name was gone all of a sudden. Anyone happen to know the list he was on?
    It was one of the wackier decks I've seen. I played him in round 8, I think.
    In the maindeck, I saw double Back to Basics, Gideon, Ally of Zendikar, Unexpectedly Absents, Entreat the Angels and Counterbalances. I believe Mentors were in the board, though I'm not 100% on that.
    Everything else seemed normal; Predicts, Jace, Snapcasters, Swords, Ponders, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by funnywille View Post
    It was one of the wackier decks I've seen. I played him in round 8, I think.
    In the maindeck, I saw double Back to Basics, Gideon, Ally of Zendikar, Unexpectedly Absents, Entreat the Angels and Counterbalances. I believe Mentors were in the board, though I'm not 100% on that.
    Everything else seemed normal; Predicts, Jace, Snapcasters, Swords, Ponders, etc.
    He has been doing very well with his eccentric lists. If I am not mistaken he had Top 8'd EW 2016 and Eternal Extravaganza 7. Came in 9th at EW 2017 and was the top seed after round 13 at SCG DC before the DQ. Very impressive results from him!

Daniel Miller's 13-0 list can be found in this excellent Sean Brown article:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...-washington-dc

It is UWR with Counterbalance (but no Soothsaying), one Gideon, Unexpectedly Absent, Council's Judgment, a basic Mountain, no Volcanics, and a Wear/Tear. Crazy stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Arschmann View Post
    Daniel Miller's 13-0 list can be found in this excellent Sean Brown article:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...-washington-dc

It is UWR with Counterbalance (but no Soothsaying), one Gideon, Unexpectedly Absent, Council's Judgment, a basic Mountain, no Volcanics, and a Wear/Tear. Crazy stuff!
    I love the work Sean puts into his articles each week.

May 2016
    Portland, OR

Am I off base to say red with no Volcs seems pretty indefensible, card availability aside? Being forced to get a mountain for blasts against combo seems dreadful, especially with the amount of UU in the deck.

Tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
    Mar 2014

The basic mountain is great vs Delver decks for sure.
    Obv this choice lose power vs other control decks.
    In the right meta could be the right solution.

Thread Information