Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Re: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

It is totally better than Mentor.

I play Karakas + Clique, he plays a non flying with built in Karakas 3/3.

I can see his choice being very good. My creatures suffer Liliana, LH +1.
    Brightling doesn’t and can still swing for 2 after that.

Overall it totally jumps over Terminus and can chump block eternally protecting your Planeswalkers.

I was thinking to test it in a deeper pws list.
    I see AnziD did it already. I would still have stayed on 4 Snapcaster Mage though, but I m in love with Clique and not moving

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post

Overall it totally jumps over Terminus and can chump block eternally protecting your Planeswalkers.

I see AnziD did it already. I would still have stayed on 4 Snapcaster Mage though, but I m in love with Clique and not moving
    Brightling needs 3 white mana. I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by wtgger View Post
    Brightling needs 3 white mana. I don't like it.
    I play UW so the W mana is not such a drawback for me.

yeah i originally had a control build with 3 snaps and 2 Vclique, but I only play 2 Jace so the go wide strategy that mentor provides allowed me to protect him more + gave me a stronger beatdown. I play UW w/ MB 2 flusterstorms and 3 CB so my game against storm and Sneak and show is relatively solid game 1.

the other reason I like mentor is that it gives me at least 2 creatures even in the face of removal, play a spell get a token, while I would need to depend on W mana to protect Brightling and it can still get got

Mentor is normally fantastic against their removal but he totally sucks against ours. That’s the problem

I see Mentor as a SB choice in UW Helm creatureless list that you side in when you can side out your Terminus.

Otherwise it is just a super late game card that allows you to win after you have already stabilized and you are already there.

Clique instead helps you since turn 3 and against wastelands less decks (Mirror and Combo) with Karakas it just wins the match on its own. It surely sucks against red and black. That’s where Mentor shines, but that is where Brightling and his Lifelink shines as well AND he’s great with 4 Terminus. I would have already tested it, if a pairs wasn’t sold for 50$

We should simply choose which one is MD and which one is SB. Probably both are solid choices.. Clique just suits my play style much more. I would play 7

Another solid and untested route is

Mentor
    Meekstone
    Kozilek’s Return / Izzet Staticaster

Super interesting imho. You just suffer Eldrazi a little more but you have B2B Meekstone MD and you can play Propaganda and Stony Silence SB

And KR can be flashbacked with our 4 SCM for endless joy.

Mentor is normally fantastic against their removal but he totally sucks against ours. That’s the problem

I see Mentor as a SB choice in UW Helm creatureless list that you side in when you can side out your Terminus.

Otherwise it is just a super late game card that allows you to win after you have already stabilized and you are already there.

Clique instead helps you since turn 3 and against wastelands less decks (Mirror and Combo) with Karakas it just wins the match on its own. It surely sucks against red and black. That’s where Mentor shines, but that is where Brightling and his Lifelink shines as well AND he’s great with 4 Terminus. I would have already tested it, if a pairs wasn’t sold for 50$

We should simply choose which one is MD and which one is SB. Probably both are solid choices.. Clique just suits my play style much more. I would play 7

Another solid and untested route is

Mentor
    Meekstone
    Kozilek’s Return / Izzet Staticaster

Super interesting imho. You just suffer Eldrazi a little more but you have B2B Meekstone MD and you can play Propaganda and Stony Silence SB

And KR can be flashbacked with our 4 SCM for endless joy.
    unfortunately I don't play red (2 Volcanic Islands=700$), but you make some sensible arguments for Brightling. maybe I'll get a couple to try out

It is difficoult to go very far without Red. Miracle is major and to kill Jace Counterbalance and FoW for R is a remarkable asset.

Worth nothing that it can flashback

Edit: oh yea it just shuts off Show and Tell and kills Omniscience too (who is packing back again Boseiju, by the way)

Primordial Mist seems like a very janky card from Commander 2018 that could.... find a home here. Endless stream of 2/2s that starts the turn you cast it, and the 2/2's are probably decent spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    Primordial Mist seems like a very janky card from Commander 2018 that could.... find a home here. Endless stream of 2/2s that starts the turn you cast it, and the 2/2's are probably decent spells.
    waaaayyyyy too expensive, and highly unnecessary with mentor. also you mess up your miracle draws, and you tend to want to cast your cantrips and counters rather than turn them into creatures

After the flashback it has given you the card of Predict and Predict in this deck is flashbackable for double the cards

After the flashback it has given you the card of Predict and Predict in this deck is flashbackable for double the cards
    Don't be quick to dismiss new card choices. Snapcasters often are overloaded for StP flashback duties. Having TT in the graveyard allows you to create a draw trigger without other cards' help. In my limited testing, TT is able to create timely prowess triggers, much more controllable than Predict or Portent.

Yes if you’re playing Mentor flashbackable instants are great. I have stopped playing Mentor apart from the SB because you invest in building an army and normally you have to erase everything with Terminus for a couple of flyers that would kill you otherwise.

I prefer investing in Planeswalkers nowadays.. if only they had flash

IMO Think Twice is a horrible card that only sees play in an extremely inbreed meta like mtgo.

But maybe I am just salty because I lost 2 out of 2 mirrors against people playing it, because there it is obviously strong.

It doesn’t make any sense. Is your list the same in MTGO as it is in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    Don't be quick to dismiss new card choices. Snapcasters often are overloaded for StP flashback duties. Having TT in the graveyard allows you to create a draw trigger without other cards' help. In my limited testing, TT is able to create timely prowess triggers, much more controllable than Predict or Portent.
    People are keen to dismiss anything new. Think about how long Ponder+BS+Portent+Predict was around in the meta. Since freaking Lorwyn basically, whenever Ponder was first printed. Years later people finally found out it fuels a pretty busted card, Predict.

Talking about weird cantrips, Telling Time is fun. It fixes top, mills a land and cantrips you a chosen card at Instant speed.

Not sure I would play it in place of Portent or Predict though

May 2015
    PDX

Talking about weird cantrips, Telling Time is fun. It fixes top, mills a land and cantrips you a chosen card at Instant speed.

Not sure I would play it in place of Portent or Predict though
    As long as we're listing off bad cards, including cantrips that can't actually proc' a miracle trigger ("put into hand"), we should at least mention Hieroglyphic Illumination.

Fixing:
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...nge-2018-08-06
    top 6 for accumulated knowledge + mentor build, the user is a buddy of mine too!
    and

Top9 for another mentor build

both build left CB at home or in the sideboard only.

Feb 2007
    San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by NegatorITA View Post
    Fixing:
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...nge-2018-08-06
    top 6 for accumulated knowledge + mentor build, the user is a buddy of mine too!
    and

Top9 for another mentor build

both build left CB at home or in the sideboard only.
    Looking at the variety of decks in these top 8's, it looks like legacy is finally at a healthy place again. I am very happy about this.

Thread Information