Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Re: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Quote Originally Posted by AppallinglyDull View Post
    Ah, quite right. Not used to playing against a Prelate not set to 1. :\

I like the idea of From the Ashes as well. It also works with Surgical Extraction. I did try a game 3 against my RUG lands opponent treating Blood Moons as From the Ashes just for testing, but never had the chance to cast one, so no insight from that game. Perhaps I'll try one or two next week.
    Yeah From the Ashes seems good. I like that it's not undone with a Krosan grip.

If you land a prelate on two versus lands, you're in a good spot and not being able to predict doesnt matter. My Lands opponent boarded in spheres so there's another two-drop that's denied.

Tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
    Mar 2014

Interesting 5-0 today on MTGO:

3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    4 Monastery Mentor
    3 Snapcaster Mage

4 Ponder
    4 Portent
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Predict

2 Counterspell
    2 Flusterstorm
    3 Force of Will

4 Terminus
    4 Swords to Plowshares

1 Arid Mesa
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Island
    2 Plains
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Tundra
    2 Volcanic Island

2 Flusterstorm
    1 Force of Will
    2 Blood Moon
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    3 Pyroblast
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Wear // Tear

In this days many player trying 3 Force of Will.
    Maybe this list (no Explosives, Just 1 Wear in side) is weaker the others to Chalice (and with 3 Force of Will in main) but seems solid.
    Anyone trying 3 Will here?
    I remember 3 Will just in DTT period!

Quote Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
    Interesting 5-0 today on MTGO:

3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    4 Monastery Mentor
    3 Snapcaster Mage

4 Ponder
    4 Portent
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Predict

2 Counterspell
    2 Flusterstorm
    3 Force of Will

4 Terminus
    4 Swords to Plowshares

1 Arid Mesa
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Island
    2 Plains
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Tundra
    2 Volcanic Island

2 Flusterstorm
    1 Force of Will
    2 Blood Moon
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    3 Pyroblast
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Wear // Tear

In this days many player trying 3 Force of Will.
    Maybe this list (no Explosives, Just 1 Wear in side) is weaker the others to Chalice (and with 3 Force of Will in main) but seems solid.
    Anyone trying 3 Will here?
    I remember 3 Will just in DTT period!
    Well if you treat fow as a "last ditch" stop to combo having two flusterstorm main help alot, so it's probably ok to trim a copy. Fow is so bad at stopping combo decks nowadays and meh at best Vs fair decks; the card feels a bit less necessary than usual in this meta. I don't have the guts to cut the 4th copy tho

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Re: [Primer] UWx Miracle Control

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16547&d=302355&f=LE

This list made Top 4 of a 70-person tournament recently. Runs zero Mentors AND zero Entreat, with the Gideon Ally of Zendikar filling that slot. I suppose it's constant pressure even after a Terminus plus can make Snapcasters more formidable. Blocker every turn if you're fortunate enough to be playing against a "normal" creature without evasion, which is pretty rare these days. Thoughts? Anybody else rocking Gideon with any success?

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

I like it! Gideon has been so impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Aug 2014
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by crowe_1 View Post
    http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16547&d=302355&f=LE

This list made Top 4 of a 70-person tournament recently. Runs zero Mentors AND zero Entreat, with the Gideon Ally of Zendikar filling that slot. I suppose it's constant pressure even after a Terminus plus can make Snapcasters more formidable. Blocker every turn if you're fortunate enough to be playing against a "normal" creature without evasion, which is pretty rare these days. Thoughts? Anybody else rocking Gideon with any success?
    Awesome! I've always loved AoZ and seeing him in the main brings me a tear of joy. How did you side for 4c Pile and Grixis Delver?

[Primer] UWx Miracle Control

Had a blast playing mentors main last night. Winning some seriously bad match ups.

List:
    http://docker2.deckedbuilder.com:3001/d/323092

Match 1 versus burn. Double fow and a counterspell stabilize me at 2. He's on one land after a fireblast. I start beating with mentors, carefully cantripping into tokens. He topdecks a mountain and prices versus my one non-basic. I swords a token to survive then swing for the kill next turn.

G2 i board in 2 fluster and 2 blue blasts. Out comes one of jace, terminus, predict and karakas. This game he chips away with swiftspear. I blueblast eidolon on the stack. He gets me down to like 11 then i established mentor. I win with counters in hand. 2 blue blasts were good this game.

Match 2 versus grixis control. He's new to the deck and plays very slow. I even remark on it but wont call for a judge in these semi-casual events.
    G1 i win the fight over his jace then land my own. Evetually wins with mentor.
    G2 i board out 4x swords and in with 2 blue blasts and 2 b2b.
    He redblasts b2b, and i sweep mancer + tokens with terminus. Then he lands angler and goes after my cantrips with counterspells. I totally thought he'd board it out. I concede to save time.
    G3 i take out B2B and in with 2 swords. I redblast a mancer and lands a jace. When he redblasts it I land another. From there the game is mine to lose. I think i brainstorm too much because I can't ultimate jace before time's out. I would have won had he played faster and had i started fatesealing earlier. I had a grip full of answers and allowed him to only draw lands and do-nothing-cards.

Match 3 versus a UB omnishow brew with chalice and CA cards instead of cantrips. Both games he lands chalice, both games I handle it with UA. I feel very much in control and he never gets to cast show and tell at any point. Sideboard: out with 3 terminus, 4 swords and 3 ponder. Reasoning was he plays chalice so i want less air. And versus decks who rely on topdecks i actually prefer portent. In with 2 of each of flusterstorm, surgical, B2B, disenchant, clique. In game two B2B won the game as he ran no basics at all.

Match 4 versus loam pox.
    Game one he get loam and ravens crime going. I discard my 2 UA first thinking my best plan is mentors plus cantrips. Then he lands liliana and i have no answers. I get a jace online allowing me to keep up with lillianas discard. Then he ultimates liliana and i have to give up jace to preserve lands. I concede shortly after that. This MU feels horrible.

G2 i board out 3 terminus, 4 swords and a fow thinking i will fight his spells rather than Marit lage. In comes fluster, clique, surgical, b2b. I land a jace and counters every loam he plays denying him landdrops and new cards. He threatens Lage but is scared of swords so he never goes for it. Jace goes all the way and clique keeps me safe from Lage.

G3 i make a mistake and fetch so i can't counter his liliana. I land a jace though and can UA + fateseal on liliana. From there on i take over the game and when he make a last ditch effort with Lage I'm ready with UA.

3-0-1 was the final result, a great result considering the decks i faced.
    Last edited by JackaBo; 08-17-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by itrytostorm View Post
    Awesome! I've always loved AoZ and seeing him in the main brings me a tear of joy. How did you side for 4c Pile and Grixis Delver?
    Not my list. Just found it during my rounds.

Also, @JackaBo, in my relatively limited experience I find I tend to win the "nonfavored" matchups like Lands and Chalice.dec, but lose versus some of the "easy" matchups like Stoneblade. Not really sure why. Good job on the 3-0-1 though!

Not my list. Just found it during my rounds.

Also, @JackaBo, in my relatively limited experience I find I tend to win the "nonfavored" matchups like Lands and Chalice.dec, but lose versus some of the "easy" matchups like Stoneblade. Not really sure why. Good job on the 3-0-1 though!
    My take on that is this;

Against decks like Lands and Chalice you can firmly establish the win by using your own blowouts or just not letting chalice resolve. Against decks like blade, grixis and 4c there are so many microdecisions going on between both players. If you stumble on one of them it sort of kicks of a chain reaction that leaves you way way behind. And the way those decks work they just aren't going to let you catch up again.

Quote Originally Posted by kentheide View Post
    My take on that is this;

Against decks like Lands and Chalice you can firmly establish the win by using your own blowouts or just not letting chalice resolve. Against decks like blade, grixis and 4c there are so many microdecisions going on between both players. If you stumble on one of them it sort of kicks of a chain reaction that leaves you way way behind. And the way those decks work they just aren't going to let you catch up again.
    Yes there are a lot of little decisions. This version of Miracles is the hardest deck to play I've ever used, and I've used many. Grixis I haven't really had trouble with. I think part of it vs Stoneblade/Deathblade is that True Name really sucks and Terminus isn't always available to get rid of it. Essentially once True Name resolves they often only need to sit back and counter Terminus. I even run an E. Explosives main but it's not enough sometimes. Then one of my losses was versus a random Elspeth, Knight Errant. Sitting there with two REBs ready to take out their Jace, while they beat in with a white Planeswalker feels bad man. Haha

[Primer] UWx Miracle Control

Yes there are a lot of little decisions. This version of Miracles is the hardest deck to play I've ever used, and I've used many. Grixis I haven't really had trouble with. I think part of it vs Stoneblade/Deathblade is that True Name really sucks and Terminus isn't always available to get rid of it. Essentially once True Name resolves they often only need to sit back and counter Terminus. I even run an E. Explosives main but it's not enough sometimes. Then one of my losses was versus a random Elspeth, Knight Errant. Sitting there with two REBs ready to take out their Jace, while they beat in with a white Planeswalker feels bad man. Haha
    Yeah after four rounds my head is mashed potatoes. I would think twice before taking this deck to a longer tournament. Like, the deck has potential to beat up anything, it just asks so much of you as a player.
    Last edited by JackaBo; 08-18-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Hey!

I have just started playing with the deck. Do you know any streamers or events with video coverage of New-Miracle players?

Thx and kind regards:-)

REB is a large reason why the better Food Chain players bring in something like Garruk Relentless post board. Same concept. Think this sort of thing is getting more common. Having 1-2 copies of council's judgment in the 75 is probably a good idea these days.

Here's a question. Is Hydroblast good against Lands?

I'm currently on the Mentor version with maindeck Daze. I played against two different Lands pilots yesterday and was sort of uncertain about how I should sideboard. I ended up taking out x4 Terminus and x4 Daze. I put in all of my nonbasic and graveyard hate Surgical, RIP, Blood Moon, From the Ashes. For the remaining four slots I put in Spell Pierce and Hydroblast, but I wasn't sure whether or not those cards were actually good in the matchup. Hydroblast wasn't that exciting, but I assumed it had to be better than Daze.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Had a funny with with Miracles this week. Posted it here: https://blog.seemsgood.com/17-august...-match-report/
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Apr 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Had a funny with with Miracles this week. Posted it here: https://blog.seemsgood.com/17-august...-match-report/
    How's future site?

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by prepare4robots View Post
    How's future site?
    It's unbelievable. The person who told me to play it told me it was better than Jace. Multiple locals have said that the game is usually over when it resolves.

It's not uncommon to get +1 card every turn. Fortunately, you'll get even more than that.

The following happens almost once per game:

Draw card for turn
    Cast Ponder off of the top of the deck (+1)
    Draw card off Ponder (+2)
    Play land off the top (+3)

Last week, I did that play and followed it up with 2 Predicts targetting myself. I paid 3UU and "drew" something like 12 cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

I respond that it's unlikely that a Jund deck is able to counter a spell
    I lol'ed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    140x Relentless Rats
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bleiweiss
    I wish that Wizards would have just gone ahead and done away with the Reserved List entirely. It is nothing but a blight on the game and one that long outlived its purpose. [...] I am wholeheartedly in favor of getting rid of the Reserved List and reprinting higher-dollar staple cards from EDH and Legacy. Pete Hoefling the owner of StarCityGames.com agrees with my point of view as well.
    - Ben Bleiweiss, SCG General Manager, Feb 2010

Apr 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Would love some feedback on my latest build. Basically taken 'Daze Miracles' and replaced the Dazes with Fluster Storms main deck. This is a concession to the more proactive nature of 4 x Monastery Mentor, but trying to include an all around better card. Ultimately it's given me 3 more spots in the side board that filled with From the Ashes and Kozilek's Return. Numbers probably aren't right, but both cards were stand outs in old-Miracles so wanting to test them in the current meta.

// 60 Maindeck
    // 7 Creature
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Monastery Mentor

// 20 Instant
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Counterspell
    4 Force of Will
    3 Predict
    3 Flusterstorm

// 20 Land
    2 Arid Mesa
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Island
    1 Plains
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Tundra
    1 Volcanic Island
    1 Mountain

// 2 Planeswalker
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

// 11 Sorcery
    4 Ponder
    4 Terminus
    3 Portent

// 15 Sideboard
    // 4 Creature
    SB: 2 Containment Priest
    SB: 2 Ethersworn Canonist

// 9 Instant
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 2 Disenchant
    SB: 3 Pyroblast
    SB: 2 Kozilek's Return

// 2 Sorcery
    SB: 2 From the Ashes

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Draw card for turn
    Cast Ponder off of the top of the deck (+1)
    Draw card off Ponder (+2)
    Play land off the top (+3)
    Technically this is only plus 2 cards not 3

Thread Information