Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Czech Pile

Jan 2016
    Aarhus, denmark

Re: [DTB] Czech Pile

Kess, dissident mage!!

This card is insane - But I tried it as a supplement to the grinding part of the deck. How come, that this mage can cast instants in opponents turn on modo? I guess that this is an error or is there some kind wording I am not aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by m0ller View Post
    Kess, dissident mage!!

This card is insane - But I tried it as a supplement to the grinding part of the deck. How come, that this mage can cast instants in opponents turn on modo? I guess that this is an error or is there some kind wording I am not aware of?
    I meant GSZ and/or Meren specifically. I'm aware that people have tried Kess hence why I referred to Meren as a Kess-like substitute.

The card is bugged on MODO. It should only let you cast cards on your turn.

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

That is a really interesting wrinkle, though I'd be more tempted to try Rashmi.

Quote Originally Posted by HSCK View Post
    That is a really interesting wrinkle, though I'd be more tempted to try Rashmi.
    I think Rashmi would be worse than Kess or Meren. It's blue so it can still be blasted. It doesn't do anything the turn it comes down so you need to untap with it for value. You need to commit mana for its ability to trigger while Meren doesn't. It also dies to bolt, which is one of its biggest failings. Neither Kess nor Meren die to bolt so they're much less of a liability against Delver.

Jul 2010
    twitch.tv/oarsman79

I tried Kess but I was under the impression that you could cast things on both turns. Somehow I misread the card on paper the same way that MTGO seems to. Given how it actually works, I don't think it is good. Meren is worthless is several matchups and great in others. There was a time where I was looking for non-blue planeswalkers to fit in the deck, and I couldn't decide on one to try. This basically serves that function: a non-blastable source of long term advantage (it does look bad against Karakas though). It's really nice that you get a guy back during end step, instead of having to wait until the next upkeep.

Quote Originally Posted by oarsman View Post
    I tried Kess but I was under the impression that you could cast things on both turns. Somehow I misread the card on paper the same way that MTGO seems to. Given how it actually works, I don't think it is good. Meren is worthless is several matchups and great in others. There was a time where I was looking for non-blue planeswalkers to fit in the deck, and I couldn't decide on one to try. This basically serves that function: a non-blastable source of long term advantage (it does look bad against Karakas though). It's really nice that you get a guy back during end step, instead of having to wait until the next upkeep.
    Thanks for sharing. I've seen people try Chandra as a non-blue walker that can accrue advantage. Punishing Dack pilots seem to swear by her as a one-of. Any thoughts?

Hello friends,

Have you seen the Tomas Mar's interesting list, winner of Legacy MKM Series Frankfurt :

http://series.magiccardmarket.eu/cov...t-2018-legacy/

He played 3 x Inquisition of Kozilek in the mainboard
    No basic lands
    No Surgical Extraction in the SB

Too tired to live, too lazy to die...
    Sep 2014
    On top of a mountain somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by malekith View Post
    Hello friends,

Have you seen the Tomas Mar's interesting list, winner of Legacy MKM Series Frankfurt :

http://series.magiccardmarket.eu/cov...t-2018-legacy/

He played 3 x Inquisition of Kozilek in the mainboard
    No basic lands
    No Surgical Extraction in the SB

Seems like he was planning on grinding against fair decks and it paid off. With no basics and no Turn 0 gy hate he seems really weak to moon and reanimator. He must've dodged a lot of the unfair matchups leading up to Top 8.
    mise 'miz v alter. of might as well (1997) 1: to win when you don't deserve to 2: to top-deck the "tings" you need 3: to be rewarded by an opponent's bad luck 4: to coin a phrase that spreads through the tournament scene like wildfire 5: to fling a monkey 6: to split firewood using a sharp instrument 7: To burn

Sep 2013
    Tilburg, The Netherlands

So, after having been gone from MTG for about 3 years - I've returned and have been playtesting Pile for quite a while now and this weekend placed first in our monthly Dutch Legacy Event (GameForce, Eindhoven). Mind you, it was just a 22-man event, but still. I wanted to take some time and share my decklist and findings.

Decklist for the GameForce Legacy Event of the 7th of January:

LANDS [20]:
    1 Island
    1 Swamp
    3 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Badlands
    1 Bayou
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Scalding Tarn
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Bloodstained Mire

CREATURES [14]:
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Baleful Strix
    4 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Leovold, Emissary of Trest

INSTANTS [16]:
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    2 Kolaghan's Command
    2 Lightning Bolt
    2 Fatal Push
    1 Abrupt Decay
    1 Diabolic Edict

SORCERIES [8]:
    4 Ponder
    2 Hymn To Tourach
    1 Thoughtseize
    1 Toxic Deluge

PLANESWALKERS [2]:
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

SIDEBOARD [15]:
    1 Thoughtseize
    1 Hymn to Tourach
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Pyroblast
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Hydroblast
    1 Kolaghan's Command
    1 Diabolic Edict
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Marsh Casualties
    2 Surgical Extraction

----------------------------------------

The list isn't that groundbreaking, but it suited my playstyle and needs. I was running 1 Pyroblast main when I was playtesting and while I loved it when it hit, I realized that the meta in Eindhoven was always rather offbeat and I would've hated having 1 dead card game 1 in a lot of matchups, so I switched it out for a Thoughtseize - having a shot at keeping a Thoughtseize hand when going first in a blind meta is at times rather rewarding. I was struggling with going to 3 Hymn To Tourach main, but decided that the 2/1 split would probably pay off nicely and moved one Seize from the board to the main and replaced the 2nd copy of it in the SB with an additional Hymn.

First off: Hymn is a hell of a card when trying to constantly two-for-one your opponent and I was sometimes chuckling on the inside when firing off double Hymn and then going Snapcaster-Hymn as a follow up. The game is over, on the spot. Resolve a Jace afterwards and you might as well go out for a sandwich and let Jace take the reigns, 'cause no one besides you is winning that game. This is the sole reason I prefer the proactive version of Pile over the Counterspell-based version. I just like getting in there with Snapcaster early and I feel Hymn fits our gameplan (2-for-1's-all-day-long) better, though it is at times a bummer that it's dead late game. But, that's the pay-off for consistency.

With 2 hours of sleep under my belt, I get at it ...

[MATCHUPS]

- vs. Thopter / Tezz [2-1]
    Game 1: I'm on the draw; he busts out a Challice with a Tomb on turn 1 and I'm left staring at a hand of 1CMC cards, I never find a way to cantrip myself towards answers. That's Legacy.
    Game 2: Deathrite, Hymn, Hymn, Snapcaster->Hymn. He resolves a Challice and I'm staring at Abrupt Decay and Command in hand. The game was over in an instant.
    Game 3: He plops down an early Challice, but I have Decay in hand, so no big deal. Hymns, Decay, Snap->Hymn and Jace quickly end the game.

- vs. Grixis Delver [1-1]
    I've found this to be an excellent match-up for Pile - one of the best. I'd rather go vs. Delver all day long than get blown out by Eldrazi, Dredg, Sneak or whatever.
    Game 1: Pile does what Pile does. 2-for-1's all day long. Threats on his side hardly ever connect and Leovold closes out the game. He does get me midgame with a surprise Stifle, which I play around (or well, am aware off) the entire matchup.
    Game 2: He gets an early DR online, double Cabal Therapy's away my Ponder and double Snapcaster, Wastelands me out of the game and gets early tempo. I never recover.
    Game 3: We're having a good time and getting a bit too friendly, so time's running out. I have pretty firm control, he resolves a TNN, but I have a DRS and a Leovold and our life lotal's are too high, so the game ends in a draw.

- vs. Belcher [2-1]
    Game 1: I mull to six, no FoW in hand and he blows me out with a bunch of 1/1 Gobs.
    Game 2: The additional discard, Blue Blast, Flusters and Marsh Casualties come in and he gets blown out by Thoughtseizes, Hymns and DRS.
    Game 3: I mull to five, just Blue Blast, FoW and Casualties in hand and I just sigh and go for it. He Probes me TWICE and sees the Marsh Casualties, plays Xantid Swarm and I just let it resolve. Lack of sleep on my part or I don't know, but he attacks next turn and goes off ... with Empty the Warrens and I just chuckle on the inside. He grabs his Gobs and I untap and say: "Don't bother." and cast Casualties. He looks at the card and says: "Oh ... I didn't realize that." - he packs up his board and Hymns never let him assemble a hand. He wasn't a bad player at all, but I think we were both not on our A-game, so I consider this a lucky win.

- vs. Grixis Delver [2-1]
    Different guy. Different decklist. A lot more grindy and plays maindeck Chart a Course and Baleful Strix in the Side. He was especially prepared for the grindier matchups like Pile and Miracles.
    Game 1: Pile value. Close game, still, since he gets early tempo - but it ends in dinky creature combat with Strixes flying over his head, Snapcasters connecting and DRS battles across the table. Win.
    Game 2: Turn 1 Delver, double Wasteland, Daze, etc. We all know it.
    Game 3: This game was lopsided. Even though the Strix's and Chart a Course's enabled him to go toe-to-toe, I squeeze out value and he just topples over.

- vs. Sneak 'n Show [0-2]
    Game 1: We play a bit of 'name-that-cantrip-and-show-me-what-you-got' and after another attempt he resolves a Show and gets the Spaghetti Monster in play. He attacks, I get annihilated and am left with a USea and a Strix that takes care of his big bad. That robot owl REALLY went to town on that behemoth! I never really get things going again, though and he slams another baddy and I cry.
    Game 2: He plays Magic. I want to play Magic too. I want to resolve a DRS and get it FoWed. I have no answer. He slams Blood Moon and I'm staring at Decay in hand and fetch for an Island. He has a single Island in play and a bunch of Volcanics, a Tomb and a City and we play a 15 minute game of; let's-use-our-single-Island, cantrip a bit and pass. He hardly picks up any cantrips and I do, but I'm Brainstorm-locked, but eventually finally get my Swamp online. I find a DRS, it gets countered. I eventually find a Kolaghan's Command and it gets countered. I never get a DRS online and can't get rid of the Blood Moon. We discard a bit and he eventually slams Show and Tell. I'm obviously still on my single Island but he's managed to find more and a Petal. I have double Edict in hand and decide to let it resolve so I can slam Leovold so I can maybe Edict my way to victory. He slams Omniscience, hardcast's the Tentacle-Creature and I know it's over. This was the only loss in the tournament and I was slightly salty, but did have a bunch of laughs with the guy - so, all's good. Top 8.

- vs. Grixis Delver [2-0]
    Same guy I went 1-1 with earlier. The guy has to head home and he gives me the win, but we play a fun round for shit's 'n giggles and I get him anyways.

- vs. Grixis Delver [2-1]
    Same guy I went 2-1 with earlier. His Chart a Course / Baleful Strix list obviously matches up better vs Pile, but it does come at a cost of tempo and I feel pretty confidently in control the entire match. Leovold was pretty key and Strix is MVP in all of the Delver games.

- vs. UW Stoneblade / Blade Control [2-1] [FINALS]
    Game 1: He gets an early True-Name Nemesis online and I just CAN'T get rid of it and he slams me to zero. Counterspell is a pretty good card to counter spells.
    Game 2: This is where the Hymn's were shining. Being on the play really helped in this particular round. He gets Pyroblasted and Red Elemental Blasted a few times, but Council's Judgment makes good work of my Leovold and Jace. He eventually gets Strixed down a bit, and drained with DRS and never gets a threat sticking for more than a turn.
    Game 3: This game went long. I knew he ran 1 Flusterstorm main and I knew he rain 3 SB and they all came in. The Blasts did good work here, but I get countered a bunch of times but he still gets 2-for-1'd. He resolves Jace and Brainstorm's but I have a few dorks and end his while resolving my own, which of course gets Judged by the mighty Council the next turn. Batterskull never truly connects (outside of hitting a Strix) and even though Kolaghan's Command is fantastic, I never manage to resolve one. I get rid of the token in various ways and he gets chipped down by double DRS and Snapcaster. He recasts the Batterskull but Decay makes work of the token once more while I employ another DRS. 3 of them and a Snap go to town on his life total (which was at about 22 previously). He recasts Batterskull and it resolves, but he knows it's over, gets sucked dry and shakes my hand.

The extra discard was pretty key in a lot of matchups and the Blasts are something I can't live without. Blue Elemental Blast was pretty solid vs. Delver (though I didn't see a single Price of Progress) and took care of a bunch of Pyromancers and Bolts. It would've been another out vs the Blood Moon in the Sneak 'n Show match, but I never stumbled upon it.

I never used Liliana, the Last Hope nor did I use Sylvan Library, though I feel I should have in a few matchups, especially the last one. I really bums me out that Lili's +1 is -2/-1 instead of -1/-2 - but, I feel I should try to board her in more often, since it's definitely another inevitable win-con and it still gets rid of stuff like unflipped Delvers, Snapcasters, D'n'T troops, you name it. The recursion aspect also really lines up well with the deck. I just never really playtested much with her, so I think I instinctively didn't go that route when boarding, though looking back at it, I think I should've. If anyone has any input on her in Pile, I'd love to hear it.
    Last edited by DemolitionColorScheme; 02-04-2018 at 01:01 PM.

Sep 2014

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionColorScheme View Post

I never used Liliana, the Last Hope nor did I use Sylvan Library, though I feel I should have in a few matchups, especially the last one. I really bums me out that Lili's +1 is -2/-1 instead of -1/-2 - but, I feel I should try to board her in more often, since it's definitely another inevitable win-con and it still gets rid of stuff like unflipped Delvers, Snapcasters, D'n'T troops, you name it. The recursion aspect also really lines up well with the deck. I just never really playtested much with her, so I think I instinctively didn't go that route when boarding, though looking back at it, I think I should've. If anyone has any input on her in Pile, I'd love to hear it.
    I mained Liliana, the Last Hope at a tournament 2 weeks ago. I've been meaning to write a report but haven't gotten around to it yet. She was helpful when killing Lingering Souls Tokens and keeping a Mystic from connecting with a Jitte while I was battling an Esper Stoneblade player. Other than that she didn't see much action. Her 3 mana cost can be prohibitive when dealing with Tax decks and she is a little slow when dealing with delver players. I don't think I'll main her anymore but she could be worth keeping in the SB.
    mise 'miz v alter. of might as well (1997) 1: to win when you don't deserve to 2: to top-deck the "tings" you need 3: to be rewarded by an opponent's bad luck 4: to coin a phrase that spreads through the tournament scene like wildfire 5: to fling a monkey 6: to split firewood using a sharp instrument 7: To burn

Sep 2013
    Tilburg, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Misersoneof View Post
    I mained Liliana, the Last Hope at a tournament 2 weeks ago. I've been meaning to write a report but haven't gotten around to it yet. She was helpful when killing Lingering Souls Tokens and keeping a Mystic from connecting with a Jitte while I was battling an Esper Stoneblade player. Other than that she didn't see much action. Her 3 mana cost can be prohibitive when dealing with Tax decks and she is a little slow when dealing with delver players. I don't think I'll main her anymore but she could be worth keeping in the SB.
    I see. Her being on the slow side is definitely a thing. Hence why I didn't board her in at all. I should definitely give her more playtime, though. I was thinking of that slot being Vendilion Clique, but I'm not ready to dismiss her just yet.

Sep 2014

Hello everyone!

I said I would post this report and here it finally is. It’s been a while since was able to play magic but two weekends ago I went to a 50 person tournament at Hareruya in Oska with Pile. I went 4-2 and took 13th place overall. This was probably my best finish to date and having come after a long hiatus I thought it would be worth posting.

For reference my list was:

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/czec...color-control/

R1: 12 Post

Game 1 I lose the die roll and keep a decent seven. He opens with turn 1 needle on wasteland and I have him pegged on post. I hymn him and dig for threats and discard. After a slow grind I get there with a leovold and snapcaster.

OUT: 1 Liliana, 1 Toxic Deluge, 2 Push, 2 bolt
    IN: 1 Thoughtseize, 1 K Command, 2 Flusterstorm, 2 Edict

Game 2 I lose to mana screw. I did not draw a third land and was unable to stop his turn 5 Ugin.

Game 3 I cast hymn, hymn, snap, hymn and then drop Jace to keep him from drawing anything. Beats won the game.

Afterwards I told him how a buddy of mine loved 12 post and how I used to get my ass kicked while playing miracles. He mentioned how he lamented the top ban. Later on he played my buddy who hymned him to death as well.

Record 1-0

R2: Mono Red Stompy (I HATE this deck)

Game 1 I win the roll and keep a hand with 2 deathrites. I proceed to draw a 3rd and put them all into play. He bloodmoons and chalices and I use the hidden mode of attacking with my three squires. I get him down to a low life total but he drops an ensnaring bridge. The next turn I topdeck a bolt. I proceed to cast it and he says ok and adjusts his life total before realizing that there is a chalice on 1. He then tries to walk it back but I note how he already marked it on his life total. I then used the shamans to make black and drain him for his last 2 life.

I didn’t see any sneak attacks so I board to take their early pieces and grind.

OUT: 1 Liliana, 2 Jace, 1 Edict, 2 Push
    IN: 1 Hydroblast, 2 Flusterstorm, 1 Sylvan library, 1 K Command, 1 Thoughtseize

Game 2 I keep a shaky six and forget to scry. I notice my mistake but he says it is too late because I said ‘go’. (I guess he got revenge for the chalice) He drops a blood moon and I Blue Blast it but he has a ricochet trap and I am stuck with only red mana. I manage to force his Rabblemaster but after a few more drawsteps with no activity I scoop to save time for a game 3. Also with the rabblemaster I board my pushes back in taking out Thoughtseize and Library.

Game 3 I keep a seven with force in it but he has ricochet trap again and he locks the game up.

After we are done my opponent’s friend who was watching the match said that he thought I had a deathrite in my hand at the end of game two and that I should have played it. I think he was mistaken but I cannot be sure. I think I had a basic swamp out but right now I can’t remember. This matchup always gets me and I hate having to deal with it. There’s a guy at my LGS who brings it to every Legacy Night and it has beaten me so many times. Maybe I should mulligan more aggressively or something.

Record 1-1

R3: Esper Stoneblade

Game 1 I am on the draw and we slug it out back and forth. K command destroys his Jitte and Leovold locks his cantrips. I win with 9 life left.

Out: 1 Abrupt Decay, 1 Edict, 4 FOW, 1 Thoughtseize
    In: 1 Sylvan Library, 2 Flusterstorm, 1 REB, 2 Pyroblast, 1 K Command

Game 2 and we go back and forth between deploying threats and eliminating them. He eventually plays stoneforge and I play a Liliana of the last hope. He gets his jitte into play but I give his stoneforge -2 so she cannot deal combat damage. He plays a lingering souls but I kill one with liliana and push the one he equips. Eventually I blow up the jitte and batterskull and kill him with Leo and deathrite.

Record 2-1

R4: Lands

My buddy and I were talking before the tournament about how much of a slow miserable matchup Lands can be. Sure enough I sit down from the friend of the Mono Red Stompy opponent. I mentioned how he had me at a disadvantage because he knew my deck but I didn’t know his. He replied that he thought he was favored.

Game 1 I lose the die roll and he T1 drops a Molten Vortex. I keep my deathrite in my hand ponder for my 1 of abrupt decay. He proceeds to drop an Exploration and gambles for life from the loam. Before long he is ghost quartering me out of the game and any creatures are blasted by Vortex. I manage to find the Decay but it is already too late and he has Pfire and I have no mana.

OUT: 2 Jace, 1 Liliana, 2 Push, 2 hymn, 1 Thoughtseize, 1 Deluge
    IN: 2 Edict, 3 Surgical, 1 Hydroblast, 1 Sylvan Library, 2 Flusterstorm

Game 2 I keep seven because I have 3 ponders to look for surgical. I eventually find sylvan library and use it to dig as much as possible. While my opponent uses his loam to find the combo. Despite my Sylvan and multiple ponders I couldn’t find a surgical. I was able to get a deathrite on the table but after I exiled 1 loam he found another. I don’t remember how I died but I probably had no lands left.

Record 2-2

R5: Mono B Pox

According to my friends this guy is a legend. He has played the same foiled out mono black deck forever and always shows up in all black leather with a big leather bound suitcase. This was my first interaction with him.

Game 1 and I am on the draw. He goes thoughseize into hymn into pox while I hymn him back. By the 5th turn he is in complete control and I have no cards left. He drops a Chains of Mephistopheles and I scoop.

OUT: 4 FOW, 1 Edict
    IN: 1 K Command, 1 Thoughtseize, 2 Flusterstorm

Game 2 and I start by thoughtseizing him and taking his Hymn. I follow it up with my own and get as aggressive as I can dropping 2 Striges and a Leovold. I use my K commands to get him to discard during upkeeps. Eventually he gets a bitterblossom in play and I use leovold as an abyss forcing him to block every turn to maintain life. He drops an Ob Nixilis The Fallen. I next play defense but eventually top deck bolts and snapcasters to kill him.

OUT: 1 Abrupt Decay
    IN: 1 Marsh Casualties

Game 3 is pretty much like Game 2 but change Ob Nixilis with Necropolis Fiend and you have a good idea of the board. I do my best burn deck impression, marsh casualties his bitterblossom tokens and permit his black enchantment to kill him on his upkeep.

Record 3-2

Round 6: UR Delver

We shuffle up and I look at his sleeves which are the Unhinged Island art. I get the soul read and realize that he is on UR Delver.

I lose the die roll and he starts Game 1 with a basic island into ponder. I prioritize basics and play deathrite pass. He bolts my deathrite, sets a volcanic island and passes. I ponder to look for threats and keep a fetch up. He casts a TNN and I brainstorm to find a force. I cannot and his TNN takes me down with the help of Price of Progress.

OUT: 1 Abrupt Decay, 4 FOW, 2 Jace, 1 Thoughtseize
    IN: 3 REBs, 2 Flusterstorm, 1 Edict, 1 Marsh Casualties, 1 Hydroblast

Game 2 I keep a 1 lander with ponder and brainstorm. I get my second land with my ponder but have trouble finding my 3rd land. I luck out and happen to see it on the 3rd card of my brainstorm of desperation. Meanwhile my opponent played a Search for Azcanta and a Young Pyromancer but was unable to get beyond 2 lands himself and I was able to kill his creatures and beat him down.

Game 3 I was more careful with my lands and made sure that his price of progress was a dead card. The game ended with him using it to kill himself.

After the match I showed him how I had multiple things for his TNN but he revealed that there was only one of them in the deck. Marsh Casualties however is great against Young Pyromancer decks.

Final Record 4-2

As I mentioned before, I'm not too convinced on the main liliana. She could have been useful against some of my matchups that I didn't see here in. (For example, the Mono Black Pox deck) but it seems most people are not running her anymore so maybe I'll continue to test with her.

As an additional side, I went to an LGS legacy 8 man the other night with a list that is very similar and the only deck I lost to was Eldrazi. I seem to keep having issues with chalice/moon stompy decks. Does anyone have any advice on how best to deal with them? I don't know if I should mull more aggressively to look for removal/FOW/sweepers etc.

Sep 2014

This first place list looks interesting:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...gue-2018-01-21

Anyone have any experience playing with Bloodbraid Elf? It seems like it would awkward to cast it and cascade into Toxic Deluge. I also think the Pernicious Deed in the board looks interesting.

This first place list looks interesting:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...gue-2018-01-21

Anyone have any experience playing with Bloodbraid Elf? It seems like it would awkward to cast it and cascade into Toxic Deluge. I also think the Pernicious Deed in the board looks interesting.
    maybe there are a way to defeat the mirror / miracle?
    How does the deck do against the new miracle? It's been a lot I don't play and hearing the words "terminus" and "its back" make me shiver...

Jul 2016
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by NegatorITA View Post
    maybe there are a way to defeat the mirror / miracle?
    How does the deck do against the new miracle? It's been a lot I don't play and hearing the words "terminus" and "its back" make me shiver...
    I have to say, I never felt like miracle is a bad match, I always looked forward to it. I have to say, the Search for Azcanta built is not that popular where I play/Miracle is not that popular anymore, but normally they could not cope with the value I drowned them in.

I start to shift Forces into the siteboard and play 4 Hymns main. I am not sure whether this makes the Miracles match that bad, since there is not much that really needs to be forced. I guess I would bring the forces back in after boarding, just to have some outs and remove some Strix/Creature removal. But honestly, Boarding has always been my weak spot :D

Quote Originally Posted by velya View Post
    I have to say, I never felt like miracle is a bad match, I always looked forward to it. I have to say, the Search for Azcanta built is not that popular where I play/Miracle is not that popular anymore, but normally they could not cope with the value I drowned them in.

I start to shift Forces into the siteboard and play 4 Hymns main. I am not sure whether this makes the Miracles match that bad, since there is not much that really needs to be forced. I guess I would bring the forces back in after boarding, just to have some outs and remove some Strix/Creature removal. But honestly, Boarding has always been my weak spot :D
    if they stick jace + azcanta there isn't much you can do to stop them, that's when I was playing Bug Control (the variation of czech pile without red) and I had trouble dealing with gideon, that then lend to that spot in which while I was busy handling him, I got azcantjaced.
    now, the new list is different, they have CB and no more gideon, the don't even have mentor main deck... unsure to be honest, here in italy miracle is the "best" deck since it was born here, so, I'll let you know once I can go and play more, maybe, even this evening.
    It's very player dependant though, because the deck is very skill intensive.

Hey Guys I Just picked up piles after taking a break when Top got ban sad day for miracles but got bored of miracles after 2-3 years so Ive decided to give Piles a Try.
    How Do you guys play Vs Elves they seem to be so resilient even after fork bolt snap fork bolt i ended up losing and get drew into visionary and symb I always feel like I run out of gas.
    My list is pretty similar to Thomas Mars list cept I go 3 hymn 3 TS/Iok. SB almost the same aswell minus the Goyf
    Also Lands also feels like a really bad MU But for the new Miracles I feel like I just need to hold up FOW for their entreat or Jace since we have more threats
    I think Over all im like 2/8 wins vs Elves Thanks!!!

Sep 2014

Quote Originally Posted by RankaLee View Post
    Hey Guys I Just picked up piles after taking a break when Top got ban sad day for miracles but got bored of miracles after 2-3 years so Ive decided to give Piles a Try.
    How Do you guys play Vs Elves they seem to be so resilient even after fork bolt snap fork bolt i ended up losing and get drew into visionary and symb I always feel like I run out of gas.
    My list is pretty similar to Thomas Mars list cept I go 3 hymn 3 TS/Iok. SB almost the same aswell minus the Goyf
    Also Lands also feels like a really bad MU But for the new Miracles I feel like I just need to hold up FOW for their entreat or Jace since we have more threats
    I think Over all im like 2/8 wins vs Elves Thanks!!!
    Lands and Eves can be miserable match-ups for any fair deck.

With elves you want to aggressively keep creature removal and Force for for their Glimpses and Natural Orders. Things like K Command and Jace are good for the late game (instant discard + kill a dude and late game dig) but you don't need them in the early game so shuffle them away with your brainstorms until you can be sure to use them and not die next turn to a NO off the top. Leovold can be brutal against them because they need to either draw cards to combo or swing in with 2/2s. When removing creatures, prioritize Visionary, Symbiote and Heritage Druid as those 3 are the most important to combo off. After they are gone you should then focus Nettle Sentinel and Deathrite as they will be the creatures that will beat you down/drain you late game.

Post board you should bring in your sweepers. Things like Marsh Casualties, Toxic Deluge (if it's not already in your main), Liliana the Last Hope and Jitte are all solid against Elves. I may be called crazy for saying this but I would board out Jace because while he can help shut the door if you are already ahead, he doesn't help you as much as a wrath effect.

Game 1 against lands is miserable. Force any early exploration or molten vortex because those cards will be brutal against you. Early thoughtseize can be good if you are able to get rid of their gambles, explorations, molten vortex or crop rotations. Hymns being random means you may end up making them discard lands that they can loam back so use it only if you think they don't have a loam or you have a deathrite ready to eat something. Sticking and protecting deathrites are a must as otherwise you will have no way of interacting with their graveyard. If you are able to make it to the mid or late game then jace can be your best friend but that won't happen very often.

When boarding bring in your Yard Hate, edicts, enchantment removal, hydroblast and maybe some flusterstorms. Take out your Hymns, K Commands and Fatal Pushes. If you don't run bolts then there can be an argument for leaving in the Pushes because Tireless Tracker is a thing but bolt answers him better and he is usually a 1-2 of. Surigical or Nihil Spellbomb away loams, Punishing Fires or Depths combo pieces. Be ready for a grindy game 2 and most likely a game 3.

Lands and Eves can be miserable match-ups for any fair deck.

With elves you want to aggressively keep creature removal and Force for for their Glimpses and Natural Orders. Things like K Command and Jace are good for the late game (instant discard + kill a dude and late game dig) but you don't need them in the early game so shuffle them away with your brainstorms until you can be sure to use them and not die next turn to a NO off the top. Leovold can be brutal against them because they need to either draw cards to combo or swing in with 2/2s. When removing creatures, prioritize Visionary, Symbiote and Heritage Druid as those 3 are the most important to combo off. After they are gone you should then focus Nettle Sentinel and Deathrite as they will be the creatures that will beat you down/drain you late game.

Post board you should bring in your sweepers. Things like Marsh Casualties, Toxic Deluge (if it's not already in your main), Liliana the Last Hope and Jitte are all solid against Elves. I may be called crazy for saying this but I would board out Jace because while he can help shut the door if you are already ahead, he doesn't help you as much as a wrath effect.

Game 1 against lands is miserable. Force any early exploration or molten vortex because those cards will be brutal against you. Early thoughtseize can be good if you are able to get rid of their gambles, explorations, molten vortex or crop rotations. Hymns being random means you may end up making them discard lands that they can loam back so use it only if you think they don't have a loam or you have a deathrite ready to eat something. Sticking and protecting deathrites are a must as otherwise you will have no way of interacting with their graveyard. If you are able to make it to the mid or late game then jace can be your best friend but that won't happen very often.

When boarding bring in your Yard Hate, edicts, enchantment removal, hydroblast and maybe some flusterstorms. Take out your Hymns, K Commands and Fatal Pushes. If you don't run bolts then there can be an argument for leaving in the Pushes because Tireless Tracker is a thing but bolt answers him better and he is usually a 1-2 of. Surigical or Nihil Spellbomb away loams, Punishing Fires or Depths combo pieces. Be ready for a grindy game 2 and most likely a game 3.
    Awesome Thanks Alot will give that a try seems I may be killing the wrong things in Elves and for lands yea I think most game I never hit more than 2-3 lands ghost quarter and wasteland with loam feelsbadman lol

Viking Extraordinaire
    Aug 2012
    Currently raiding Bant, Friesland.

Hi guys, I have an unusual question for ya.

What do I do as a goblins player that scares you, if anything?

Obviously SB Blood Moon is a good card.
    Being threat dense is great (Multiple Siege-Gang Commanders).
    Making DRS inert is the strongest thing I can do that I've found (Relic etc).

Basically, what do you struggle with, both with, and ignoring my deck? I was hoping for some more insight. Knowledge is power an' all.

If I edit a post without an explanation, I am just correcting typos and / or formatting.
    Legacy Goblins Records
    Our Discord

Thread Information