Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Czech Pile

Re: [DTB] Czech Pile

Quote Originally Posted by NegatorITA View Post
    guys, picked up the deck recently, can I get some advice for side in / side out?

reference list:
    http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=24939&iddeck=195701

just without wastelands.

Some advice vs the various tier would be needed, I tend to over side a lot it seems
    reallly really brief

cards that I look to board out
    hymns
    force
    thoughtseize
    abrupt decay
    bolts
    commands
    pushes

we can do categories

removal
    discard
    counterspells

counterspells are bad in fair matchups (force cost a card (force is pretty bad against delver))
    removal is bad in combo (elves players shut it this is brief)
    discard is meh in midrange matchups (mav and honestly not in love with it against delver or dnt)

against creature decks more removal
    against combo more counter spell / discard

I wouldn't mess too much with the creature package (except strix if the 1/1 deathtouch isn't good in the match board it out 2 mana 1 card is bad)
    Last edited by Rekk; 09-29-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Draw-Go Disciple
    Feb 2017
    Clermont-Ferrand

I have a hard time balancing my manabase, right now i am on :
    -4 Polluted Delta, 4 Tarn, 2 Verdant
    -2 U.Sea, 2 Volcanic Island, 2 Tropical Island, 1 Badlands
    -1 Swamp, 2 Island

Is this enough to balance the deck. I don't know if two U.sea is enough, so far I didn't have any trouble but I need some insight.

Decklist :

// 60 Maindeck
    // 14 Creature
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Baleful Strix
    4 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1 Kess, Dissident Mage

// 18 Instant
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    2 Counterspell
    3 Fatal Push
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Kolaghan's Command
    1 Lightning Bolt

// 20 Land
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Scalding Tarn
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Badlands
    2 Island
    1 Swamp
    2 Verdant Catacombs

// 3 Planeswalker
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Liliana of the Veil

// 5 Sorcery
    4 Ponder
    1 Toxic Deluge

// 14 Sideboard
    // 1 Creature
    SB: 1 Izzet Staticaster

// 11 Instant
    SB: 3 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 2 Diabolic Edict
    SB: 2 Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 Hydroblast
    SB: 3 Red Elemental Blast

// 2 Sorcery
    SB: 2 Thoughtseize

Quote Originally Posted by Rekk View Post
    reallly really brief

cards that I look to board out
    hymns
    force
    thoughtseize
    abrupt decay
    bolts
    commands
    pushes

we can do categories

removal
    discard
    counterspells

counterspells are bad in fair matchups (force cost a card (force is pretty bad against delver))
    removal is bad in combo (elves players shut it this is brief)
    discard is meh in midrange matchups (mav and honestly not in love with it against delver or dnt)

against creature decks more removal
    against combo more counter spell / discard

I wouldn't mess too much with the creature package

Thanks with the quick response
    I thought discards would be good vs Grindy match up (so jund/junk mirror, and for discard I mean tourach) and I considered these as midrange!

So i was defeated by lands in quick fashion over 2 games.

First game, i started with turn one drs, turn 3 liliana (which my drs got punishing fired) and gurmag angler the turn after. Took him down to 5 life while edicting a mart lage somewhere in btw, liliana's ultimate (left him with exploration and 2 ports), still he managed to stabilise with another marit lage with glacial chasm back up.

Boarded in : 3 surgical extractions, 1 more edict in the side, 1 hydroblast
    Boarded out : 1 Kologhan's command, 1 Lightning bolt, 2 fatal push, 1 Force of Will

Second game: Started with a turn one DRS, turn 2 baleful strix and another DRS but didnt manage to dig into an edict so i lost to marit lage after i attacked with my strix and he cast an end of turn crop rotation (my mistake, should have been more conservative and held the strix back)

Anyone has any tips in approaching the lands matchup? i know not much has been said about the strategy yet but i dont have much experience playing against lands as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1987 View Post
    So i was defeated by lands in quick fashion over 2 games.

First game, i started with turn one drs, turn 3 liliana (which my drs got punishing fired) and gurmag angler the turn after. Took him down to 5 life while edicting a mart lage somewhere in btw, liliana's ultimate (left him with exploration and 2 ports), still he managed to stabilise with another marit lage with glacial chasm back up.

Boarded in : 3 surgical extractions, 1 more edict in the side, 1 hydroblast
    Boarded out : 1 Kologhan's command, 1 Lightning bolt, 2 fatal push, 1 Force of Will

Second game: Started with a turn one DRS, turn 2 baleful strix and another DRS but didnt manage to dig into an edict so i lost to marit lage after i attacked with my strix and he cast an end of turn crop rotation (my mistake, should have been more conservative and held the strix back)

Anyone has any tips in approaching the lands matchup? i know not much has been said about the strategy yet but i dont have much experience playing against lands as well.
    Lands and other silly decks are why i want bloodmoon

Jun 2013
    St. Louis, Missouri.

Hey guys. Against D&T, I board out forces and Counterspells. But in testing against my girlfriend, a long time D&T player, I got burnt repeatedly by mirran crusaders and cataclysm. Do you guys think it's worth it to keep in some forces post board to deal with these guys? I only have Jace bounce +thoughtseize, 2 sb edicts, 1 deluge, 1 lavamancer or 1 bolt to handle crusader.

Are there any options that are more flexible? Things that popped into my head:
    - Pongify
    - Deluge #2 in board
    - More bolts
    - Lavamancer #2
    - Perilous Vault (seems bad, but nukes equipment too)
    - Black Sun's Zenith
    - Massacre

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Once you go Legacy...

I now Crusader can be annoying because you can have all the cards in the world but still lose, but juyt count the number of answers you allready have, that should be enough especially with 8 Cantrips and Snapcaster.

All of the options are really bad, exept maybe the 2nd Bolt or 2nd Deluge in the SB, as almost all list have a -x/-x effect in the board, but I dont really like deluge in thaht slot.

So over the weekend, Czech pile took down two moderately sized tournaments:

1) GP Shizuoka side event in Japan - http://www.hareruyamtg.com/en/k/kD35834S/

2) Ovino 7 Legacy in Italy - http://www.ovinotournament.com/ovino...-4c738e69-9a63

Both decks going up to 3 Kolaghan's command and cutting abrupt decay. The only difference in their lists was one baleful strix for one Gurmug Angler.

Keep up the good work guys!

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by Manroe View Post
    Hey guys. Against D&T, I board out forces and Counterspells. But in testing against my girlfriend, a long time D&T player, I got burnt repeatedly by mirran crusaders and cataclysm. Do you guys think it's worth it to keep in some forces post board to deal with these guys? I only have Jace bounce +thoughtseize, 2 sb edicts, 1 deluge, 1 lavamancer or 1 bolt to handle crusader.

Are there any options that are more flexible? Things that popped into my head:
    - Pongify
    - Deluge #2 in board
    - More bolts
    - Lavamancer #2
    - Perilous Vault (seems bad, but nukes equipment too)
    - Black Sun's Zenith
    - Massacre

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    I usually keep in two FoW vs DnT. We technically have all the answers to everything they do, but sometimes things don't line up, sometimes we need the tempo vs Thalia, and sometimes we're not in a position to ever beat a Gideon or Cataclysm. The card advantage is quite easily recouped by the deck when we're getting to the mid/late game.

For DnT I take out 2 Hymns and 2 FoW for 4 more pieces of removal in the board (2 Marsh, 2 Edict).
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Hey all,

I went 7-1 playing in side events this weekend and GP providence, good for 2 booster boxes :). Wanted to share my list, although it's not too different from what has been said here already.

20 lands (standard configuration, 2 basics zero waste)

4 deathrite
    3 snapcaster
    3 strix
    2 leovold
    1 kess, dissident mage

4 brainstorm
    4 ponder
    4 force
    2 thoughtseize
    2 hymn
    2 fatal push
    2 bolt
    2 jtms
    2 k command
    1 abrupt decay
    1 toxic deluge
    1 diabolic edict

sideboard:
    2 surgical
    2 flusterstorm
    2 diabolic edict
    1 pyroblast
    1 hydroblast
    1 marsh casualties
    1 toxic deluge
    1 abrupt decay
    1 thoughtseize
    1 hymn
    1 liliana, the last hope
    1 umezawa's jitte

Had a blast playing legacy (as always) and really don't think I'd change anything about the deck right now. Kess was amazing every time I drew her. My one loss was a close 3 games against bug delver, wins were against elves x2, sneak/show, nic fit, jund, lands, and enchantress.

I'll be playing at the scholar's legacy event for a tabernacle in Massachusetts this saturday, hope to see some of you there!

Draw-Go Disciple
    Feb 2017
    Clermont-Ferrand

20 lands (standard configuration, 2 basics zero waste)
    What do you call a standard configuration ? I ran nearly the same main than you, but I'm struggling on finding the good manabase. Is three U.Sea mandatory ?

Standard mana base I've been running, no issue at all so far:

4 underground
    2 volcanic
    1 tropical
    1 bayou
    1 badlands
    1 swamp
    1 island

4 delta
    2 tarn
    1 verdant
    1 misty
    1 mire

Quote Originally Posted by TheExtraMile View Post
    Hey all,
    I went 7-1 playing in side events this weekend and GP providence, good for 2 booster boxes :). Wanted to share my list, although it's not too different from what has been said here already.
    I could not figure out why do you need red in your particular build. You are running 2 bolts and 2 k commands in the main deck and 1 blast in the sb. 2 bolts could be easily replaced by pushes. So we have 3 red cards. Are these 3 cards enough to run 4th color and do not run wastelands? What about just replacing 2 k commands with decay and pulse and 1 blast with something else? Will this deck win from wastelands more? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by TheExtraMile View Post
    Standard mana base I've been running, no issue at all so far:

4 underground
    2 volcanic
    1 tropical
    1 bayou
    1 badlands
    1 swamp
    1 island

4 delta
    2 tarn
    1 verdant
    1 misty
    1 mire
    It is really depends on how may UU BB G and R cards you are running. Btw, I do not like 4 underground seas. 3 is enough. I am even playing 2nd island over 3rd sea.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by 1esha View Post
    I could not figure out why do you need red in your particular build. You are running 2 bolts and 2 k commands in the main deck and 1 blast in the sb. 2 bolts could be easily replaced by pushes. So we have 3 red cards. Are these 3 cards enough to run 4th color and do not run wastelands? What about just replacing 2 k commands with decay and pulse and 1 blast with something else? Will this deck win from wastelands more? What do you think?
    '1 blast with something else' - there isn't a replacement for blast. And the decks late game is Snapcaster + Kommand, if you take blasts and kommand out you'll become a huge dog in a lot of otherwise favourable to even matchups.
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Draw-Go Disciple
    Feb 2017
    Clermont-Ferrand

+Kess in his list, which is a monster in fair match-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefaces View Post
    '1 blast with something else' - there isn't a replacement for blast. And the decks late game is Snapcaster + Kommand, if you take blasts and kommand out you'll become a huge dog in a lot of otherwise favourable to even matchups.
    I am totally with you about the blast. That is why I think that the right number of blasts is 3. The main reason to keep red for me is a ability to cast the red blast.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by 1esha View Post
    I am totally with you about the blast. That is why I think that the right number of blasts is 3. The main reason to keep red for me is a ability to cast the red blast.
    Not sure about 3, maybe in some metas, 2 is a pretty stock and safe number. And yes, I agree that Blast is probably better than Kommand, but both are worth splashing for.

It's me, or we can't defeat food chain unless we got "a perfect hand"?

Like I was testing with my friend and he won 6 games out of seven.

Tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
    Mar 2014

Hi Negator,
    In my (little) experience Food Chain is a bad matchup.

Discards spells and counter for Manipulate in the early + Kolaghan and Blast for Griffin in the mid game, are our best friend here.
    May attention to his Shaman who remove his Griffin from his greave obv.

Anyway I feel is bad.

Thread Information