Thread: quick question about the MTGO Sunday legacy challenge

quick question about the MTGO Sunday legacy challenge

I know the start time is scheduled at 8:00 AM. When does the final round usually end? I ask because I work Sundays but don't start until later in the day.

Also I know that the number of rounds can potentially vary. I know it averages at about 6-7 rounds, so I guess I want to know the average end time for 7 rounds. I don't want to register for the tourney, play it out, then have to leave for work during the 7th round.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Re: quick question about the MTGO Sunday legacy challenge

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfrosting View Post
    I know the start time is scheduled at 8:00 AM. When does the final round usually end? I ask because I work Sundays but don't start until later in the day.

Also I know that the number of rounds can potentially vary. I know it averages at about 6-7 rounds, so I guess I want to know the average end time for 7 rounds. I don't want to register for the tourney, play it out, then have to leave for work during the 7th round.
    It's been fairly consistently 7 rounds the last few times, rounds average 45 minutes (loads of midrange in the format atm). So I'd guess the last swiss round would finish some time close to 3pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Just to make sure you got the right time, it starts at 5PM CEST. So if you're living +3h from that, 8PM is indeed the correct time for you.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Aug 2016
    Flanders

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Just to make sure you got the right time, it starts at 5PM CEST. So if you're living +3h from that, 8PM is indeed the correct time for you.
    Always wondered how you managed to play (and win) the Legacy Challenges - don't they run deep into the European night? I can't imagine doing an all-nighter playing Magic myself and still performing well despite sleep deprivation...

Given the challenges are once a week now, I don't understand why they don't rotate the time for it, so some of my Japanese friends can actually play in one.
    Junk and Stoned Rhinos.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Fjaulnir View Post
    Always wondered how you managed to play (and win) the Legacy Challenges - don't they run deep into the European night? I can't imagine doing an all-nighter playing Magic myself and still performing well despite sleep deprivation...
    When I won a challenge under the old monthly schedule, I had to play until after 4AM. Fuck you, Miracles.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Fjaulnir View Post
    It's not that bad. I think the first one I won was until ~4AM, but the last one was only until something like 2AM.

I've won tournaments before where I went with 38h without sleep. I've never had a problem with staying up late. The thing I have problems with is falling asleep because I never really feel tired when going to bed. It sounds good, but it sucks. Sleep feels so much better when you're tired.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Aug 2016
    Flanders

Didn't see those replies until now for some reason, so thanks all for answering. I guess I'm still out of luck then as even 2 AM is hard to afford if you have to be up 7h30 monday mornings (having to wake early is a bigger problem for me than staying up late)

Thread Information