Thread: Storm Data Comparison

Bryant Cook

Storm Data Comparison

Combining my two of my favorite things: Fantasy Baseball and Magic: the Gathering!

http://theepicstorm.com/storm-data-comparison/

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Re: Storm Data Comparison

Rite of Flames is a better card than Cabal Ritual. Nice work Bryant.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Rite of Flames is a better card than Cabal Ritual. Nice work Bryant.

:D

So you found the hidden meaning of the article then? If this is the case, why does TCG player still have them?

I really appreciate you running data. What the data really say though is that you won more % of games playing TES than Brandon did playing ANT.
    Abf that both of your win-percentages are very impressive.

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    I really appreciate you running data. What the data really say though is that you won more % of games playing TES than Brandon did playing ANT.
    Abf that both of your win-percentages are very impressive.
    I believe it says a lot more than that. But, thanks.

The only real difference I see is that TES has what appears to be a statistically significant advantage against Chalice decks, TES 58% match win vs ANT 46%. Mulligan seems slightly significant with TES 4% over ANT. TES's games were against a slightly favored field (non-Blue and Rogue) and won 3% more die rolls, and the deck wins about the same games when on the play. ANT lost the majority of die rolls and plays worse overall on the draw, but I didn't look how to see those draw games were broken down. It won on the draw more against blue and non-blue but had horrendous Chalice draw %.

With the variation in the game and data I'd put significance around 3-5%.

TES is much more favored to win in paper than ANT, 75% in paper TES vs 62% in paper ANT. Overall wins were roughly the same, 64% overall TES - 62% overall ANT.

So if you're playing in paper in a meta with Chalice and have loaded dice, play TES.

Still an impressive amount of data, and interesting to see how reliant ANT is on Past in Flames.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    The only real difference I see is that TES has what appears to be a statistically significant advantage against Chalice decks, TES 58% match win vs ANT 46%. Mulligan seems slightly significant with TES 4% over ANT. TES's games were against a slightly favored field (non-Blue and Rogue) and won 3% more die rolls, and the deck wins about the same games when on the play. ANT lost the majority of die rolls and plays worse overall on the draw, but I didn't look how to see those draw games were broken down. It won on the draw more against blue and non-blue but had horrendous Chalice draw %.

With the variation in the game and data I'd put significance around 3-5%.

TES is much more favored to win in paper than ANT, 75% in paper TES vs 62% in paper ANT. Overall wins were roughly the same, 64% overall TES - 62% overall ANT.

So if you're playing in paper in a meta with Chalice and have loaded dice, play TES.

Still an impressive amount of data, and interesting to see how reliant ANT is on Past in Flames.
    I don't know how you found that TES's games were against a slightly more favored field. If you look at games versus blue decks and non-blue decks, the percentages there are almost the same.

Mind explaining?

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    What the data really say though is that you won more % of games playing TES than Brandon did playing ANT.
    +1
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

Thread Information