Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: [Primer] Dredge

Re: [Primer] Dredge

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    So I've been on the 4 Street Wraith plan for a while. SW are good, but not amazing. I'm thinking about switching them for more Putrid Imps and drawspells.
    I would.
    I'd consider cutting Study to make room for 4x B-thru too.

Street Wraith is a card I've played with a lot. It's real use is in-hand, for post-board situations, to see if they play a targeted hate-card like Surgical Extraction. I used to run SW in the main back when DRS was the expected 1st-turn play of every 2nd deck, but I dropped that card from the main (& side) once DRS got the boot.
    We have faster options for main, and better options for side.
    Stitcher's Supplier probably earns a spot more than SW these days. Not saying it deserves a spot tho.

Quote Originally Posted by fluuu View Post
    Can i have a discord invi???
    I would like to have one, too. Thanks.

Man of the Bounce
    Apr 2011
    City of Angels

Dredge is not well positioned atm imo. There is a lot of Chalice Decks (Eldrazi Post/Stompy:Moon Stompy:4C Loam), RB Reanimator, Dark Depths, and even the controly blue decks are packing Snapcaster Surgical package. I mean yes Silent Gravestone is supposed to do a lot of work here assuming it resolves. Not to mention people are playing more robust gravehate in Graffdiggers Cage and Leyline of the Void.
    WESTCOAST
    DREDGE Playlist

Jul 2016
    Lisbon

What are your thoughts on Hollow One or Gurmag Angler in sideboard as a plan B?
    Last edited by Francisco Pires; 02-15-2019 at 09:30 AM.
    Currently Playing

Legacy

Man of the Bounce
    Apr 2011
    City of Angels

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco Pires View Post
    What are your thoughts on Hollow One or Gurmag Angler in sideboard as a plan B?
    I personally have not tried it. My theory is that it wouldn't be good in the sense that you're still vulnerable to certain cards like RIP, but those are played in lower number so perhaps its negligible.
    WESTCOAST
    DREDGE Playlist

I've actually been testing out Tortured Existence for the Legacy Open in Syracuse coming up. I'll post a list shortly.
    The Night HE Came Home.

Man of the Bounce
    Apr 2011
    City of Angels

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    I've actually been testing out Tortured Existence for the Legacy Open in Syracuse coming up. I'll post a list shortly.
    We playing basics in this list? or a higher number or lands? Being able to activate this more than once consistently seems a stretch.
    WESTCOAST
    DREDGE Playlist

Nov 2009
    Berlin

Hopefully running street wraith with that. :)
    -rob

(I'm not necessarily playing it at the Open, but I'm testing it out first.)
    The Night HE Came Home.

Tried a few iterations with Tortured Existence - it still needs more work. I do think, however, that it has potential. The ability to recur creatures that would otherwise be countered and provide utility is pretty nasty (i.e. Faerie Macabre).

I just think the shell has to be perfect, and unfortunately within the context of Dredge, there are just better combinations of cards.
    The Night HE Came Home.

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

I'm coming out of the woodwork to play some legacy. What list is everyone running with and without Tortured Existence?
    What it takes to be a pimp:
    1. Knowing the right people.
    2. Have the money
    Not one or the other, but both.

The fastest way to become a millionare is to start with a billion dollars, then start collecting magic cards, eh? - dry cereal

Quote Originally Posted by r3dd09 View Post
    I'm coming out of the woodwork to play some legacy. What list is everyone running with and without Tortured Existence?
    I haven't tried playing with Tortured Existence; I've been running a pretty stock (I believe) build at the moment:
    4 Golgari Grave-Troll
    4 Stinkweed Imp
    4 Golgari Thug

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Ichorid
    4 Bridge from Below
    4 Narcomoeba
    2 Putrid Imp

4 Faithless Looting
    4 Street Wraith
    3 Breakthrough
    2 Careful Study
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond

4 Cephalid Coliseum
    4 Mana Confluence
    3 Gemstone Mine
    2 City of Brass

Sideboard
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Nature's Claim
    2 Serenity
    2 Lotus Petal
    2 Silent Gravestone
    2 Dread Return
    1 Ashen Rider

I have been considering some split of Stitcher's Supplier and Street Wraiths though, instead of the full 4. In the games I've played, I just haven't felt like it does a ton. I'm not sure that supplier would be that much better, but the list still feels pretty good to me, and I haven't had a ton of time to grind out and test many changes.

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

Quote Originally Posted by niv View Post
    I haven't tried playing with Tortured Existence; I've been running a pretty stock (I believe) build at the moment:
    4 Golgari Grave-Troll
    4 Stinkweed Imp
    4 Golgari Thug

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Ichorid
    4 Bridge from Below
    4 Narcomoeba
    2 Putrid Imp

4 Faithless Looting
    4 Street Wraith
    3 Breakthrough
    2 Careful Study
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond

4 Cephalid Coliseum
    4 Mana Confluence
    3 Gemstone Mine
    2 City of Brass

Sideboard
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Nature's Claim
    2 Serenity
    2 Lotus Petal
    2 Silent Gravestone
    2 Dread Return
    1 Ashen Rider

I have been considering some split of Stitcher's Supplier and Street Wraiths though, instead of the full 4. In the games I've played, I just haven't felt like it does a ton. I'm not sure that supplier would be that much better, but the list still feels pretty good to me, and I haven't had a ton of time to grind out and test many changes.

Thanks for the list. I haven't been too impressed by SW as well, but I haven't grinded enough games with it. Just been a break even card at best for me .

I've been running a bloodghast list as I'm working with what I have. Currently placing an order from MKM to pick up extra goodies in my pimp of choice to fill out the slots I'm missing.

I'll try and work on a TE deck as I think it'd be fun to test at my weeklies.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    Could you post the list you've been using please :)
    What it takes to be a pimp:
    1. Knowing the right people.
    2. Have the money
    Not one or the other, but both.

The fastest way to become a millionare is to start with a billion dollars, then start collecting magic cards, eh? - dry cereal

Thread Information