Thread: Announcing the "Humans of Magic: Year One" book: interviews with cool people.

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

Announcing the "Humans of Magic: Year One" book: interviews with cool people.

Announcing "Humans of Magic: Year One"...the book of interviews with cool people!

In 2016, I started an interview podcast called “Humans of Magic.” The podcast focuses on deep 1:1 discussions with Magic players and personalities. The goal is to give them a forum to express the things that they care deeply about, that you may not know from their regularly produced strategy content.

For example:
    • How did Paulo Vitor Damo da Rosa grow up playing Magic in Brazil?
    • What makes it difficult for Gerry Thompson to stay in touch with friends?
    • Why is Christian Calcano pursuing a career outside of Magic?
    • What did Bob Huang learn about life, after traveling around the world?

Through these conversations, I want to give you insight as to WHO these people are — and not just what they do when they sit down to play Magic.

Podcasting is a great way to get my guests to open up, but it is not easy to listen to hours upon hours of content. This is why I have decided to transcribe these talks from AUDIO to TEXT so that you can fully enjoy the fruits of our labor. I am launching the Humans of Magic: Year One book anthology in Q4 2017. It will contain a collection of the best interviews.

Whether you are trying to become a better player, or just interested in knowing more about the biggest names in Magic, there is something in here for everyone. I promise that these will be the most in-depth interviews with Magic players that you will ever read.

And we are going to have some amazing Legacy representation. Here is a preliminary list of featured players:
    • Jarvis Yu
    • Caleb Durward
    • PVDDR
    • Gerry Thompson
    • Bob Huang
    • Julian Knab
    • Bryant Cook
    • Thomas Enevoldsen
    • Michael Bonde
    • Wilson Hunter
    • Roland Chang
    • ...and more

Here is more information about how you can get on the mailing list to get bonus content about the book. I also have a sneak preview of one of my earliest interviews - with Jarvis Yu:

https://writtenbyjames.com/2017/08/05/jarvis-yu-part-1/

That's it for now -- I hope you will be interested in supporting the interview series!

Best,
    James
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

Re: Announcing the "Humans of Magic: Year One" book: interviews with cool people.

damn its 2023 and humans of magic is still going

Re: Announcing the "Humans of Magic: Year One" book: interviews with cool people.

I bought this book. I bought it just for LSV. Maybe there’s a hidden code that unlocks the secrets of drafting a good storm deck
    - Hollis - uno online

Thread Information