Quote Originally Posted by Manipulato View Post
I know you guys talk alot about the punishing version but I personally think I would prefer Dark Maverick. Zealous Persecution + Thoughtseize gives the deck some really strong tools to fight combo on T1 or sweep the board from DnT, Elves or some Bant´ish Stoneblade TNN decks...
To be clear, I think Pun and Dark Mav both are going to be better positioned now than they were last week. I'll keep playing both depending on how I feel week to week. ZP and Thoughtseize are both great cards for the reasons you say and will continue to be the reason to play GWb.

I think Thalia 2.0 is the real deal. I try to run at least one of her in all my decks - she steals games away from Elves, which they never expect, and my in-store rival is an Elves player - and she has good stats. The fact that she messes with opponents' mana is good stuff too, especially in a world where Wasteland is better. (Your reasoning all looks right to me.)

I'm probably more inclined to run multiple Mindcensors now too. Historically, about 75% of my decks have had at least one and I only recently moved away from it. Mindcensor is good against a lot of bad match ups that rely on tutoring - Storm, Reanimator, Elves - and practically every deck fetches, but it feels like I'm the only one who's hyped on the card.

SFM is the first card I cut when trying new things out. To be completely honest, the card is fine, but I'm never that happy to draw one except in instances where I need an equipment to win or lose a game over the next two turns. I'm usually content to just naturally draw my equips, which are 1 Jitte and 1 SoFI. I was never so concerned with KC, just thought she was a little slow.

The paper list I'm running now has Rallier, Sylvan Library + Courser, Tireless Tracker, Gaea's Cradle, 2 SFM + above equips, Ramunap. I want all the good value cards and synergies and really enjoy outdrawing blue decks. I prefer Cradle in a deck that runs Tracker for that reason. I'll add back Thalia 2.0 (probably two) and some Mindcensors, probably cutting the SFM and Rallier. Garruk's in the side for now, but he's been maindeck before and will be again.

FWIW, I prefer your second list. Sylvan Library is never flex.