Thread: Iconoclasts

bruizar

Iconoclasts

Iconoclasts is a deck that solves many of the weaknesses of a liquimetal coating deck. The printing of abrade has enabled a list that uses a lot of modal artifact destruction cards that are good on their own, even when there are no artifacts in play. The deck relies mostly on k command and abrade, though rakdos charm can also help. Kess turns all your spells into ancient grudges, so you dont have to hold back arifact removal in the hopes of resolving a liquitetal coating. Once you land dack fayden, you can fill the yard for kess or steal permanents with liquimetal coating. I still have to update this list so it will be posted as a rather raw version. Any feedback is welcome. Manabase will consist of duals, fetch and wastelands.

4 Abrade
    3 Kolaghans command
    2 Rakdos charm
    4 liquimetal coating
    3 Dack fayden
    3 True name nemesis
    3 Kess, dissident mage
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Ponder
    4 Force of will
    2 Terminate
    2 spell pierce
    1 collective brutality
    3 thoughtseize

Iconoclasts

Did you test it? Looks like the kind of jank that i like. But eventhough you have solved some if the dead-cards-on-it's-own i can't help but thinking that there might still be issues. I like how you manager to put 7 cantrips, TNN:s and a playset of fow in this kind of deck. Perhabs the terminates should be pushes and maybe a 2/2 split of thoughtseize and pierce is enough allowing you to go up to 4 ponder.

bruizar

Re: Iconoclasts

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    Did you test it? Looks like the kind of jank that i like. But eventhough you have solved some if the dead-cards-on-it's-own i can't help but thinking that there might still be issues. I like how you manager to put 7 cantrips, TNN:s and a playset of fow in this kind of deck. Perhabs the terminates should be pushes and maybe a 2/2 split of thoughtseize and pierce is enough allowing you to go up to 4 ponder.
    It is super raw and untested as you can see from the missing mana base. I just wanted to throw out the idea of modal-artifact-destruction (MAD?) with liquimetal coatings, since I'm not the best deck-optimizer anyway. I have experience brewing with liquimetal coating (UB Tezzerret, liquidtermites in vintage, and some yanky legacy brews that ended up in the garbage bin utilizing ancient grudge). What I learned is something I already knew, namely that you can't have cards that are dead on their own, so A.Grudge just doesn't work and as long as moxen are banned gorilla shaman won't either. Liquimetal itself is fine with a high enough density of artifact destruction cards.

I think that Kess is a brutal snapcaster/yawgmoth's will blend. Kess will claim its spot in legacy I think. Kess kind of makes everything an ancient grudge. Fatal Push over Terminate is probably a good idea, since the bigger threats (angler) should be dealt with using liquimetal coating. The Rakdos Charms should probably end up in the SB

- Kess
    + Snapcaster

this doesn't look like a fast combo or tempo deck.
    I'd play Jace and Chandra

also, what's black for? Discard? at least Reanimate/Unearth or just UR

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    - Kess
    + Snapcaster

Black is for the card of the cards: Kolaghan's Command

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    - Kess
    + Snapcaster

Unearth doesn't apply to kess. UR doesn't work. I've tried. You end up splashing pufi/groves and ancient grudge but that just doesnt work because it is so often dead. the whole idea is to use modal cards that are useful withiut liquimetal coating. Fiery Confluence could be an option but I haven't included it in this list at least.

Thread Information