2x Unexpectedly Absent
    2x Trinisphere
    1x Crucible of Worlds
    8x Plains
    4x Wasteland
    4x Ancient Tomb
    2x Karakas
    2x Hall of Heliod’s Generosity

* History of Benalia and Porphyry Nodes work with Hall of Heliod's Generosity
    * Gideon Blackblade is a creature for Serra the Benevolent emblem and a Gideon for Gideon of the Trials emblem
    * Sword of Sinew and Steel is to get rid of planeswalkers and artifacts since creatures shouldn't be a problem with Porphyry Nodes
    * Sideboard you get access to Seal of Cleansing, Eidolon of Rhetoric and Rest in Peace, cards that will all work well with Hall of Heliod's Generosity.
    * Squadron Hawk + Chrome Mox to ramp, Scroll Rack to emulate Jace/Brainstorm with Hawks
    * Sword of Truth and Justice on Sqaudron Hawks can make your airforce big quickly and the proliferate helps get your Planeswalkers and Saga up.

Re: Oops, All Gideons!

Honestly, I don't think this list work.

— I like the Porphyry Nodes+Hall of Heliod's Generosity Interaction, but History of Benalia just doesn't belong in Legacy.
    — I like Serra, but she's definitely not a 4-of card.
    —Squadron Hawk is extremely underwhelming. And it doesn't emulate Brainstorm with a scroll Rac: Land Tax does, and you don't play any. In fact you only play one scroll rack which is enough to not do anything most of the time.
    — Only 2 Trinisphere and no Chalice. You're dead to any kind of combo as is.

There is something I really like however it's the "full-equipment-toolbox" idea supported with Nahiri. Maybe there is something here thanks to the new swords. But not in a Gideon deck.

i'm not sure if this is the right place to be, but i might try to go with all those PWs, standstill and heliod's land. you're generating a huge amount of virtual cards, porphyry nodes will be reducing whatever your opponent is doing, and standstill loop will be drawing you a good number of cards.

I will say though, i'm not really sure those swords are the right ones to be using. the sword of UW seems good here, but the other doesn't give that relevant protections (the only ones you need protection from are white/exile and blue/bounce. destroy doesn't work against gideon, right?). Though the PW killing is possibly relevant in case they land something.

i also don't get how RIP works with heliods land. I guess I'm missing something obvious.

Is there space for karmic justice? could be good as another lock piece.
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by aedemiel View Post
    So, with the new «*Karn-build*» trend, what do you guys think we should do?
    Since the guy shuts-off our mana-rocks and isn't soft to Chalice and Trini (and the fact that Humility isn't great either), maybe the Stax route isn't playable anymore.

This "new trend" is overhyped. Maybe it's making more showings at local LGS Legacy nights, but it's 5% of the competitive metagame. We shouldn't change the whole decklist to adapt to it when Brainstorm.dec is still most of the field.

History of Benalia seems really bad.

I also don't understand the point of Porphyry Nodes in a list full of 1/xs. Sure it's great with Gideon Blackblade, but with all the other dorks it'll just hit your own things and not the opponent's. Even if you have a way to protect your own dorks, it's still not hitting the opponent's.

Playing 6 Gideons and 6 non-Gideon planeswalkers seems suboptimal.

Thread Information