I don't see a thread for demonic pact control here, but recently the deck won a mtgo even ( http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16156&d=299668&f=LE ) and danpo on here went 3-0-1 ( http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...hlight=demonic ).

I tried the deck out last weekend with a few changes in a 7 round tournament. I started 3-1-1 but sadly then lost and dropped. However, I think the deck is decently powerful and more importantly in my opinion very fun.

The basic idea of the deck is to play demonic pact and then either donate it to your opponent or burning wish+harmless offering to do the same thing. Otherwise it is a control deck. The two lists above include 2 maindeck echoing truths for bouncing and replaying pact shenanigans, but I cut them and was happy I did. I made some terrible sideboard decisions though. Cutting painful truths and whipflare was poor, but TNN was excellent to board in once my opponent understood my deck.

The list I played:

4 Deathrite Shaman
3 Baleful Strix
3 Snapcaster Mage

4 Brainstorm
3 Ponder
4 Force of Will
2 duress
2 Fatal Push
3 Lightning Bolt
4 Burning Wish
4 Demonic Pact
2 donate
1 wipe away
1 jace, the mind sculptor

2 Swamp
2 Island
1 Mountain
3 Volcanic Island
2 Underground Sea
1 Badlands
1 Tropical Island
4 Polluted Delta
4 scalding tarn

sb:
1 Toxic Deluge
1 Void Snare
1 Dreadbore
2 Surgical Extraction
2 flusterstrom
2 true name nemesis
1 Harmless Offering
1 thoughtseize
1 damnation
1 wipe away
1 reminisce
1 reanimate

R1: DNT
Overall 0-0-1

We didn't finish game 3. I was going to win on turn 5 of turns but he flickerwisped pact to reset it. I could have wiped away vial but didn't. You need to play fast with this deck or you will draw.

R2: Miracles
Overall 1-0-1

I won game 1 and we didn't finish game 2. Yup you need to play fast.

R3: Lands
Overall 1-1-1

So...me cutting the 2 echoing truths and ruination from the board makes this matchup unwinnable. I somehow managed get game 1 though by comboing quickly.

R4: Natural order bant
Overall 2-1-1

TNN is rough, but if you bolt/push the mana dorks the deck slows down a lot.

R5: Czech Pile
Overall 3-1-1

Boarding in TNN to diversify threats was clutch. Hymn was rough.

R6: Goblins
Overall 3-2-1 drop

I was very tired by this point and let blood moon resolve game 2 with fow and blue card in hand. The matchup is tough though I think and you need to combo quickly.