Thread: Mono Red Aggro Homemade Deck That Will Win Everything!

Mono Red Aggro Homemade Deck That Will Win Everything!

Hi everyone, this deck i made today and i want to buy him in singles, but first, i want to know your opinions.

Creature (28)
    4x Ball Lightning
    4x Hellspark Elemental
    4x Keldon Marauders
    4x Spark Elemental
    4x Thunderblust
    4x Zealous Conscripts
    4x Zurgo Bellstriker

Instant (12)
    4x Brute Force
    4x Fling
    2x Sure Strike
    2x Temur Battle Rage

Sorcery (2)
    2x Reckless Charge

Land (18)
    18x Mountain

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Re: Mono Red Aggro Homemade Deck That Will Win Everything!

i'd recommend running some staples. lightning bolt and probably chain lightning at a minimum. they're just too versatile. i think some japanese players did well with a sligh deck in their locals. (ball lightning and other kinds of old school cards). check on harereruya.com for the decklists.
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    i'd recommend running some staples. lightning bolt and probably chain lightning at a minimum. they're just too versatile. i think some japanese players did well with a sligh deck in their locals. (ball lightning and other kinds of old school cards). check on harereruya.com for the decklists.
    Along the staple side, price of progress is amazing. And since you have enough elemental creatures I thought about cavern of souls but a non-mountain producing land for about half the deck is probably not what you want.

This deck looks like a lot of fun, I'm just not sure where the curve is. 5 and 6 drops a historically hard to cast in legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra_D View Post
    This deck looks like a lot of fun, I'm just not sure where the curve is. 5 and 6 drops a historically hard to cast in legacy.

Okay, so i will try exchange 4x Zealous Conscripts with 4x Lightning Bolt?
    Chain Lightning isnīt good for me, lot of my friends play red decks. Something other?

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by Majcek View Post
    Okay, so i will try exchange 4x Zealous Conscripts with 4x Lightning Bolt?
    Chain Lightning isnīt good for me, lot of my friends play red decks. Something other?
    Fireblast is a good finisher with ball lightning.
    -rob

Fireblast is a good finisher with ball lightning.
    I want something like Lava Spike, but thatīs so expansive - 6 bucks for 1 card - 4x... thatīs a lot.
    Okay, i just found Shard Volley - thats good enough, isnt it?
    Or just Shock?
    Rift Bolt is awesome too, or?
    maybe Searing Blood?

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

so my guess is that you're aim is only to be competitive with friends. 6 dollars is quite low regarding price per card in legacy.

my suggestion is to go through the established decks : burn and look for some options there.

you can also look at older historical sligh decks, as they kind of have this approach.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...y-2004-07-22-0
    -rob

so my guess is that you're aim is only to be competitive with friends. 6 dollars is quite low regarding price per card in legacy.

my suggestion is to go through the established decks : burn and look for some options there.

you can also look at older historical sligh decks, as they kind of have this approach.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...y-2004-07-22-0
    Yes, You īre guessing right.
    look at my deck now.

Creature (24)
    4x Ball Lightning
    4x Hellspark Elemental
    4x Keldon Marauders
    4x Spark Elemental
    4x Thunderblust
    4x Zurgo Bellstriker

Instant (16)
    4x Brute Force
    4x Fling
    4x Lightning Bolt
    2x Sure Strike
    2x Temur Battle Rage

Sorcery (2)
    2x Reckless Charge

Land (18)
    18x Mountain

Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning are amazing. My recommendation is run 4 of both even if your opponents are running red decks. As Mistercakes mentioned look up Burn decks, if you want to another route but don't have the budget for traditional goblins (which is an expensive deck) go with All-In Goblin Burn. You very often get turn 3 kills. This is one of my pet budget decks. While it probably won't win a high end tournament it certainly does knock several decks in the legacy gauntlet out especially because of it's straight forward speed. Between Goblin Grenades, Lightning Bolts and Fireblasts the game ends very quickly. Sideboard depends on your meta and your budget, but some sb cards you might want to include would be Blood Moon, Red Elemental Blast, Tormod's Crypt etc... Here's the list:

Beatz (25)
    4x Goblin Guide
    4x Goblin Lackey
    4x Goblin Piledriver
    4x Goblin Rabblemaster
    4x Legion Loyalist
    2x Goblin Chieftain
    1x Siege-Gang Commander
    2x Mogg War Marshal

Burn (15)
    4x Lightning Bolt
    4x Chain Lightning
    4x Goblin Grenade
    2x Fireblast
    1x Goblin War Strike

Mana (20)
    4x Simian Spirit Guide
    4x Bloodstained Mire
    2x Cavern of Souls
    10x Mountain
    "WaaaauuugghhhaaaauuugghhhaauuugghhhaaauuugghhhW" -Chewbacca

Aug 2016
    Charlotte, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning are amazing. My recommendation is run 4 of both even if your opponents are running red decks. As Mistercakes mentioned look up Burn decks, if you want to another route but don't have the budget for traditional goblins (which is an expensive deck) go with All-In Goblin Burn. You very often get turn 3 kills. This is one of my pet budget decks. While it probably won't win a high end tournament it certainly does knock several decks in the legacy gauntlet out especially because of it's straight forward speed. Between Goblin Grenades, Lightning Bolts and Fireblasts the game ends very quickly. Sideboard depends on your meta and your budget, but some sb cards you might want to include would be Blood Moon, Red Elemental Blast, Tormod's Crypt etc... Here's the list:

Beatz (25)
    4x Goblin Guide
    4x Goblin Lackey
    4x Goblin Piledriver
    4x Goblin Rabblemaster
    4x Legion Loyalist
    2x Goblin Chieftain
    1x Siege-Gang Commander
    2x Mogg War Marshal

Burn (15)
    4x Lightning Bolt
    4x Chain Lightning
    4x Goblin Grenade
    2x Fireblast
    1x Goblin War Strike

Mana (20)
    4x Simian Spirit Guide
    4x Bloodstained Mire
    2x Cavern of Souls
    10x Mountain
    Good budget version of this would cut the Goblin Guides for Reckless Bushwhacker, Cavern Of Souls and Simian Spirit Guides for more Mountains. If Lackeys are too expensive then you could get some Goblin Bushwhackers, too.

Check out Modern 8-Whack as a deck; fast aggro deck that's relatively cheap, and doing a legacy version of it opens up your options for more sweet Goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by RobNC View Post
    Good budget version of this would cut the Goblin Guides for Reckless Bushwhacker, Cavern Of Souls and Simian Spirit Guides for more Mountains. If Lackeys are too expensive then you could get some Goblin Bushwhackers, too.

Check out Modern 8-Whack as a deck; fast aggro deck that's relatively cheap, and doing a legacy version of it opens up your options for more sweet Goblins.
    No, sorry, i need BUGDET deck (under 40 bucks), some suggestions?

Since we are discussing mono red and budget, there is also the option of monored storm. Something along the lines of

4 Ruby Medallion
    4 Helm of Awakening
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Desperate Ritual
    4 Seething Song
    4 Burning Wish
    3 Past in Flames
    4 Reforge the Soul
    4 Act on Impulse
    4 Hazoret's Undying Fury
    4 Rite of Flame
    2 Empty the Warrens
    1 Grapeshot
    10 Mountain
    4 Sandstone Needle

This deck used to be even cheaper before being featured on MtgGoldfish (see https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...d-storm-legacy ), after which the prices of Ruby Medallion and Helm of Awakening spiked a little bit.

So, the price of the deck is roughly:
    40$ for 52 cards
    + extra 30$ for 4x Ruby + 4x Helm

Therefore, my recommendation is to trade some spare cards for 4x Ruby + 2-4x Helm, after which the rest of the list will fit into your budget as single card purchases.

Cards which would make the deck better:
    - 15 SB cards
    - Lotus Petal
    - Manamorphose
    - Ancient Tomb

Quote Originally Posted by Karhumies View Post
    Since we are discussing mono red and budget, there is also the option of monored storm. Something along the lines of

4 Ruby Medallion
    4 Helm of Awakening
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Desperate Ritual
    4 Seething Song
    4 Burning Wish
    3 Past in Flames
    4 Reforge the Soul
    4 Act on Impulse
    4 Hazoret's Undying Fury
    4 Rite of Flame
    2 Empty the Warrens
    1 Grapeshot
    10 Mountain
    4 Sandstone Needle

This deck used to be even cheaper before being featured on MtgGoldfish (see https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...d-storm-legacy ), after which the prices of Ruby Medallion and Helm of Awakening spiked a little bit.

So, the price of the deck is roughly:
    40$ for 52 cards
    + extra 30$ for 4x Ruby + 4x Helm

Therefore, my recommendation is to trade some spare cards for 4x Ruby + 2-4x Helm, after which the rest of the list will fit into your budget as single card purchases.

Cards which would make the deck better:
    - 15 SB cards
    - Lotus Petal
    - Manamorphose
    - Ancient Tomb
    Thanks, but i don want to go this way. Rather more creatures.
    And I need an advice: What is better? Temur Battle Rage or Assault Strobe?

Thread Information