Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iconic Masters Release Notes - Changes to Magus and Blood Moon

Re: Iconic Masters Release Notes - Changes to Magus and Blood Moon

When, with flickerwisp you still get your moon effect at the end step. And the depths helped you with one R mana.

Quote Originally Posted by procobrito View Post
    When, with flickerwisp you still get your moon effect at the end step. And the depths helped you with one R mana.
    I think that's the better route, white for flickerwisp, cloudshift etc. (except for the chalice deal, but I'm not sure that's exactly necessary).

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by dunstilbrejik View Post
    I think that's the better route, white for flickerwisp, cloudshift etc. (except for the chalice deal, but I'm not sure that's exactly necessary).
    Do instant flicker effects even work? It sounds like the state-based effects apply before you get any chance to get a DD trigger.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Do instant flicker effects even work? It sounds like the state-based effects apply before you get any chance to get a DD trigger.
    I'm pretty sure you need priority for it to work, so I think Cloudshift is a no-go.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Dec 2016
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by procobrito View Post
    If you have White, you also get access to Porphyry Nodes and Solemnity. Swords to Plowshares for the mirror?
    I like playing tribal: Elves | Goblins | Enchantments

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

R/W Moon Depths, it sounds awesome! Or more cheesy, just call it Dark side of the Moon. Either way: #MakePlateauGreatAgain

In more seriousness, The issue I foresee is that it suddenly matters in which order you play your combo pieces. Playing a Dark Depths without Moon effect is kinda meh, so you probably want both Blood Moon and Magus of the Moon. With so many three drops, a Tomb/City manabase is most likely and then playing two colors is less attractive. Nevertheless, I hope some kind of Moon Depths will pop up, it sounds pretty sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

Quote Originally Posted by UseLess View Post
    R/W Moon Depths, it sounds awesome! Or more cheesy, just call it Dark side of the Moon. Either way: #MakePlateauGreatAgain

Thread Information