Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
This list just 5-0 and top 4ed at a big MTGO tourney...
Thanks for posting my list, it's a lot of fun to play and it's stronger than I had expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
The only thing I dislike is the Merfolk Trickster (unless it can tap Emrakul, I dont think it can). Would prefer another 1cc drop there. I think either 2 Jace’s Phantasm or 2 Siren Stormtamer would be better options if the deck wants to play Curious Obsession.
It can indeed tap Emrakul, but I'm currently off Trickster. It was good, but I needed more cards to flip Delver, so I'm on Vapor Snag now.

I started out with more 1-drops, with Stormtamer being one of the candidates, alongside Mausoleum Wanderer, but I found my earlier builds to be a bit too creature-heavy. However, including more 1-drops that interact with the opponent is definitely a solid plan.

Quote Originally Posted by frustanani View Post
I would probably add some Disrupt in some Spell Pierces' or Flusterstorms' slots
Oooh, definitely a fun card to try out! I do think it weakens the deck against Plow decks, since they usually have mana to spare, but it's worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by frustanani View Post
Curious Obsession is a very good card turn 2 when you play a turn 1 critter and connects. It is great when everything is going ok, it is a bad card when you are not connecting with a creature. I think it performs better with a larger number of creatures in the deck (16+) to my view. To make card advantage you need to connect twice with the enchanted creature and sometimes opponents can make 2 for 1 with a simple Lightning Bolt
It's definitely a risky card, but it's run away with so many games for me by now. Play it safe when you can and sometimes it's better to wait for True-Name Nemesis to hit the board. And, sometimes you just have to risk it ;). I'm currently trying Peek and so far it's been great, knowing what your opponent has is gas.

Quote Originally Posted by schweinefettmann View Post
Not too unsold on the merfolk. I like that it can tap blockers for lethal.

I’m a bit surprised you didn’t use psionic blast. I don’t really test this deck anymore, but even a few months back, the reach or creature removal in the blast has usually been very relevant.
Trickster can indeed swing the entire game around when timed accurately.

I've dabbled with a one-off Psionic Blast and it was pretty good, I got to kill the opponent with it in 2 games across 1 league. Thalia is my main reason for not going for Blast permanently.

Updated list (not including the Peek test):

Land (18)

3 Flooded Strand
6 Island
2 Misty Rainforest
3 Polluted Delta
4 Wasteland

Creature (12)

4 Delver of Secrets
4 Pteramander
4 True-Name Nemesis

Sorcery (4)

4 Ponder

Instant (23)

4 Brainstorm
4 Daze
1 Flusterstorm
4 Force of Will
4 Spell Pierce
4 Stifle
2 Vapor Snag

Enchantment (3)

3 Curious Obsession

Sideboard (15)

2 Back to Basics
1 Commandeer
1 Engineered Explosives
1 Ensnare
2 Faerie Macabre
2 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Pithing Needle
2 Ratchet Bomb
1 Venser, Shaper Savant
2 Winter Orb

Vapor Snag has been better than Trickster for the aformentioned reason and I'm on one fewer Curious Obsession for the hit-or-miss reason mentioned by Frustanani.

I'm considering an extra Flusterstorm, it's extremely good at protecting our 1-drops.

Play of the week: casting Commandeer on Reanimate, netting me my own Griselbrand