Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirate Stompy

Re: Pirate Stompy

If you're blinking/returning creatures to hand at instant speed, Chart a Course feels like the natural draw engine for the deck. You can attack with pretty much any creature with no consequence since you can just blink/bounce it, and then second main draw two cards, sometimes with lands that you untapped with snap. Seems pretty great. Also 2cmc for builds playing chalice.

bruizar

Andddddd every foil online is bought out again. You'd start to think people brew lists only to spike the foils.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

i'm not sure if this has been tried recently, but the old card that people tried to pair with the pirates back in old masques standard was tangle wire.
    -rob

bruizar

This will make the deck unfocused so it is a bad idea but Skyship Plunderer looks cute with chalice of the void and jitte.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    This will make the deck unfocused so it is a bad idea but Skyship Plunderer looks cute with chalice of the void and jitte.
    well that does seem awesome with tangle wire.
    -rob

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I'm annoyed that everybody throws around "The List" here and on Twitter without posting it - either you post it or you shut up about it until Eternal Weekend is over instead of blueballing us.

Snapcaster seems pretty bad in the Sol land build as he's starved on targets. Flashbacking FoW would be rare and running it only for Siren's Ruse?

How good is the permanent sac plan without mana denial anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Snapcaster seems pretty bad in the Sol land build as he's starved on targets. Flashbacking FoW would be rare and running it only for Siren's Ruse?

How good is the permanent sac plan without mana denial anyway?
    Well, it can also be used for Snap. But I follow your point. I think this 'bluedraft' of a list is nice, but I would replace Snapcaster mage with something different (also because I don't own any )

I think you have (at least) 3 options here.
    • Daze: least best option I think with the Sol lands, it can or counter, or deplete there resources on there turn, so in your turn you can force them to sac a permanent
    • Tanglewire: I think is a very good option, but I guess you need quite some permanents to make good use of it, because tapping them out is ok, but if you can't pay for your pirates yourself, it's not really helpful :-)
    • Chalice: I think this should be the best option here. Sure, like mentioned, it doesn't deny mana, but it does deny more play, what I think this deck is doing. Plus, chalice and FOW, and blowing up permanents in a deck, common, it's cool

Chart a course could also be an option, but I think that Siren's Ruse will fill that role a bit.

And we can't play Trinisphere (if you want to play FOW).

Btw, for the YP and token problems, have you considered ratchet bomb from the side?

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    well that does seem awesome with tangle wire.
    Yeah that is really sweet. Btw.. This deck will be a thing of beauty with all those mercadian masques foils..

Btw, did anybody think about Complicate?

bruizar

This is my standard pirate control deck, it uses Disappearing Act to reuse Hostage Takers and Torrential Gearhulks

Disappearing Act is UU, which sucks for this deck, but still worth considering.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    People are the worst. Not even one bit of credit towards the actual deck developers.

At least people stealing credit is happening on a pirate deck.

When the real developers of this deck reveal their list, let's close this thread and start a proper one.
    For the record:

You can not steal an idea if you do not know what is it.
    You are not stealing a deck list if you seek to, with the slimiest of infomation, try and build something on your own.
    You can not credit someone if you do not know who they are.
    You can not credit someone if they refuse to publish their works but wish to act as if they hold a patent anyway.
    There is a long history of collaborative works in Magic, including on this site. It is why the Team boards are visible to only their team members.
    If you test something in the public sphere you can not expect it will not leak, for a larger example of this ask Apple.

One can not have it both ways, you can not both boast you have perfection while wishing others not to take notice. Right now we have buy outs on cards with little more than vague promises from a few people who may or may not have something. Who may or may not have made a run on those cards ahead of time. I for one actually wish to own these cards, it looks like a good Stax idea.

Dice.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

I ordered them, and will be trying them out next week or the week after.

The problem with Chalice decks is that it's possible to win games in legacy with 8 Sol Lands 4 Chalices and 48 ham sandwiches, which makes it quite difficult to evaluate the various merits of the different sandwiches.
    Even within the past like 2-3 months people got 5-0 results playing Chalice/As Foretold/Restore Balance, which to be honest isn't _that_ bad either.
    I find it hard to believe that Rishadan Cutpurse is a better option than Blood Moon or Thought-Knot Seer but I could be wrong.

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Motion to rename this thread pirates bay.
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Is this all an elaborate joke? Why are even people get so worked up over this.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    Is this all an elaborate joke? Why are even people get so worked up over this.
    Apperently, a team lead by Bob Huang, have had ABSURD testing results with what they call "Popeye Stompy" in their preperation for EW and people are trying to get their hands on decklist.

Julian posted a picture on twitter with his latest 5-0 with elves (ft. sb karakas) with two different decklists called "Popeye Stompy". He is also one of the persons rumoured to be testing it, probably up to next seasons MKM series, if I was to guess.

I don't know if it's a troll, but if it is, it seems absurd. SaffronOlive is looking for the decklist too, and have offered a Blood Moon (signed by himself) to whoever provides the decklist, and I doubt he would be in on such a joke.

Jun 2015
    NYC

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    Why are even people get so worked up over this.
    I honestly have no idea why people are so (p)irate.

People, here's an idea: get some patience. The world isn't going to end if you have to wait a few weeks before seeing a decklist.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    SaffronOlive is looking for the decklist too, and have offered a Blood Moon (signed by himself) to whoever provides the decklist, and I doubt he would be in on such a joke.
    He doesn't need to be in on the joke to be a part of it. In fact, that's the whole point...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

You guys, there is no way you can unlock the deep potential of this archetype until you fully understand the breadth of the interaction between Pirate Wrangler and Pirate Grunts.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

hoping this is fake. love to hurt the speculators.
    -rob

Thread Information