Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirate Stompy

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: Pirate Stompy

I am not convinced that this is not all a troll, but on the bright side I had my attention brought to a possible Blue Stax shell. I am going to mess around with these guys, troll or no. Because the one thing Stax desperately needs is a card drawing effect. Blue is a good option.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

I played a black blue stax for quite a while and it was very good.
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    I am not convinced that this is not all a troll
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    there will be at least 1-2 bannings, possibly emergency bannings
    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    140x Relentless Rats
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bleiweiss
    I wish that Wizards would have just gone ahead and done away with the Reserved List entirely. It is nothing but a blight on the game and one that long outlived its purpose. [...] I am wholeheartedly in favor of getting rid of the Reserved List and reprinting higher-dollar staple cards from EDH and Legacy. Pete Hoefling the owner of StarCityGames.com agrees with my point of view as well.
    - Ben Bleiweiss, SCG General Manager, Feb 2010

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Quote Originally Posted by Rishadan Brigand View Post
    I see Snapcaster in a lot of these lists but I've yet to be impressed with him and the very small amount of hittable targets in the deck. How do you guys feel about Wasteland? I go back and forth between not using any and using a maximum of 3.
    Any opinions on the health consequences of drinking soda or dirt on the sugar lobby/

Sep 2017
    Johnson City, TN

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthepit View Post
    Any opinions on the health consequences of drinking soda or dirt on the sugar lobby/
    Not really, no.

Jun 2015
    NYC

I think some people think this is a joke mostly because the proposed decklists people have been using are sooo far off from the real thing. The fact that 'Stompy' is in the name has probably been leading people down the wrong path, as this is more of a combo deck than a stompy deck. Some of the cards people have been testing are in fact in the deck, but I have seen the key 2 cards mentioned a total of 0 times.

I think some people think this is a joke mostly because the proposed decklists people have been using are sooo far off from the real thing. The fact that 'Stompy' is in the name has probably been leading people down the wrong path, as this is more of a combo deck than a stompy deck. Some of the cards people have been testing are in fact in the deck, but I have seen the key 2 cards mentioned a total of 0 times.
    I figured out the 2 cards! They're Patches and Prince Keleseth, /Thread.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Is it a infinite combo? Or does it just kill with a very large number?

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/775768#paper

The combo might be Parallax Tide & Hoodwink.

Tide works well with the Pirate theme (sac permanent) and also with Skyship Plunderer

Dec 2014
    West Lafayette, IN

I know this isnt the deck; from the recent comments you have made but damn I am liking this version so much.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/776463#paper

I worked upon a maindeck UB plan while switching out the black for punishing red spells in the SB. (as was hinted in a previous post) Im kinda glad this isn't you deck but just as excited that your rumors led to the creation of a deck like this one.

(also "The combo might be Parallax Tide & Hoodwink." was disproven by his statement that he hasnt seen the 2 cards yet. one of the version posted to twitter had this and was shot down and not in /the/ deck"

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

You guys, now that the deck is going to be released, I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the way I acted in this thread earlier. Things got heated and I was a little bit too emotional. Ultimately I was just trying to protect something that my friends worked very hard on. Here's the thing - not very often does a deck totally come from out of nowhere like this - this was a masterpiece of brewing and we thought we did everything in our power to keep it a secret. But I think that's just impossible these days, and we need to accept that and not blame other people.

So I'm not angry anymore - I'm actually just excited. A lot of blood and sweat went into building this deck and I think people are gonna be thrilled when they see the final product. As soon as the list is published, I think the new legacy meta is going to be nuts and I look forward to being able to finally be able to play Popeye in public. I don't think it will last too long honestly, because there will be at least 1-2 bannings, possibly emergency bannings, but it will be a ton of fun while it lasts.

Anyway, I hope everyone here accepts my apology, I know I snapped at a lot of people.
    Respect, buddy . It takes a great person to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by sco0ter View Post
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/775768#paper

The combo might be Parallax Tide & Hoodwink.

Tide works well with the Pirate theme (sac permanent) and also with Skyship Plunderer
    The MD is also confirmed UB, so Mono-Blue doesn't cut it.

Jun 2015
    NYC

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I don't think it's fair for me to give anyone else any more information about how the deck wins - that just allows the people who see the posts to speculate unfairly. I probably shouldn't have even said there was a combo, so far everyone has been pretty distracted by building variants of the same stompy deck.

Jun 2014
    Switzerland

I just realy want to take the deck, whatever it might be, when it comes out to one of our weekly legacy tournaments.
    But I guess I will have to wait till the list is public aaaaand then until the cards that I highly likely dont have arrive by mail. ;)

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

I'm so hoping this thing is an elaborate hoax.

Seriously, just for the hell of it. It would be so funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Pirate Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    I'm so hoping this thing is an elaborate hoax.

Seriously, just for the hell of it. It would be so funny.
    Me too! Kind of feels like it is, too. But who knows.. with so many cards in the pool there are bound to be some undiscovered great decks out there.
    Last edited by JackaBo; 10-01-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Some of the cards people have been testing are in fact in the deck, but I have seen the key 2 cards mentioned a total of 0 times.
    Unearth and/or Recurring Nightmare? ... What else "combo-ish" does black bring into the table? Those two cards are essentially card advantage engines in EtB effect heavy shell.

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Karhumies View Post
    Unearth and/or Recurring Nightmare? ... What else "combo-ish" does black bring into the table? Those two cards are essentially card advantage engines in EtB effect heavy shell.
    It's not going to be that, but I can't help filling in the 3 card combos of a) Grand Architect, Thopter Foundry and Sword of the Meek, and b) Necrotic Ooze, Phyrexian Devourer and Walking Ballista/Triskelion. I've been trying to fit these 6 cards into a deck the last couple of weeks, not very successfully I can add. Edit: well it's more combo than Unearth and Recurring Nightmare, that's why I thought I'd add it.

bruizar

You guys, now that the deck is going to be released, I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the way I acted in this thread earlier. Things got heated and I was a little bit too emotional. Ultimately I was just trying to protect something that my friends worked very hard on. Here's the thing - not very often does a deck totally come from out of nowhere like this - this was a masterpiece of brewing and we thought we did everything in our power to keep it a secret. But I think that's just impossible these days, and we need to accept that and not blame other people.

So I'm not angry anymore - I'm actually just excited. A lot of blood and sweat went into building this deck and I think people are gonna be thrilled when they see the final product. As soon as the list is published, I think the new legacy meta is going to be nuts and I look forward to being able to finally be able to play Popeye in public. I don't think it will last too long honestly, because there will be at least 1-2 bannings, possibly emergency bannings, but it will be a ton of fun while it lasts.

Anyway, I hope everyone here accepts my apology, I know I snapped at a lot of people.
    +1 for sportsmanship!

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Karhumies View Post
    If Hostage Taker isn't the main combo piece, then the only other Pirate-related combo I can think about is Ruthless Knave + Marionette Master to dish out massive damage. Not sure how it would be set up to be broken in Legacy, though.

Edit: Maybe Panharmonicon is involved? Getting double triggers from Hostage Taker and the Rishadan pirates sounds pretty good.
    Last edited by Barook; 10-01-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Thread Information