Thread: Logo

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Logo

Well, this is happening: https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...ner-2017-10-08

*waits for other shoe to drop*

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Re: Logo

tl;dr:

Who cares? The logo on the playmats that the once-yearly Legacy GP gives out will be different. The logo that addicted pack-crackers pull singles out of for me will be different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

There is no current or future plan to change printed card backs, or to take away your ability to collect and shuffle up cards from all sets and eras.
    Yah so change without any change
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

There is no current or future plan to change printed card backs, or to take away your ability to collect and shuffle up cards from all sets and eras.
    DFCs errata'd to have MTG back!
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    DFCs errata'd to have MTG back!
    I didn't think they did power level errata anymore. But finally, Delver of Secrets is way more fair - took them long enough.
    Find me on Twitter: @beanaman

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    His graveyard was a fucking encyclopedia of countermagic.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I don't know why they're pushing this ugly symbol so much. How does it represent the game (or Planeswalkers, for the matter)? The colorwheel at least made sense, this doesn't.

Jan 2006
    Boulder, CO

Quote Originally Posted by .dk View Post
    I didn't think they did power level errata anymore. But finally, Delver of Secrets is way more fair - took them long enough.
    I dunno - doesn't this errata make transform cards into mental magic cards with a cmc equal to the front? Delver of Secrets can now flip into Phyrexian Dreadnought.

25th anniversary is approaching. They needed to do something. I could care less about the new logo, still can't get over that ugly M15 frame. And the holofoil stamp is never centered even on high end foreign foils. Could use a little more focus on their quality control department.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSettler View Post
    Jesus H Cardsheet died for your NFC sins.

Jan 2006
    Boulder, CO

Quote Originally Posted by death View Post
    25th anniversary is approaching. They needed to do something. I could care less about the new logo, still can't get over that ugly M15 frame. And the holofoil stamp is never centered even on high end foreign foils. Could use a little more focus on their quality control department.
    Nah, who needs quality control when you can have "fashion and lifestyle products", "ownable features", your own piece of an "entertainment property" with its own "brand territory", "brand icon", logotype pair-ups, logo systems, and "endorsement marks"?

Magic: the Marketing™

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Magic: the Marketing™
    BLADE 4: the Gathering.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I don't know why they're pushing this ugly symbol so much. How does it represent the game (or Planeswalkers, for the matter)? The colorwheel at least made sense, this doesn't.
    Even members of staff have publicly joked that the thing looks like a pitchfork or something.

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    I dunno - doesn't this errata make transform cards into mental magic cards with a cmc equal to the front? Delver of Secrets can now flip into Phyrexian Dreadnought.
    oh, bummer. I was hoping they just phased out :(
    Find me on Twitter: @beanaman

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    His graveyard was a fucking encyclopedia of countermagic.

Thread Information