Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BW Stoneblade at Eternal Weekend (Main Event)

Oct 2017
    Atlanta, GA

Re: BW Stoneblade at Eternal Weekend (Main Event)

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessReanimator View Post
    Nice deck and congrats on the result. Watched that round 11 match, that was brutal the luck of your opponent. Definately a very heavy resource denial version of DGA I'm used to. Lorewise even got two Gerrard cards in MD ;) . Couple of questions:

1) Are you planning to post in DGA forum or start a new build thread?
    2) I understand you're reasoning for forgoing the Bobs. However, have you considered a version that say uses 2 instead of the playset to increase the draw package? Perhaps dropping a vindicate or two? Would it tend to lose too much life in this package due to CC?
    3) I'm guessing Mirran Crusader is even better in legacy with current meta than is in modern. I see it can avoid Baleful Styx and deathrite blockers and of course usual goyf. Dies to bolt/swords and 2 jitte counters. Was it worth the slots overall?
    4) Why fleshbag over other edict effects?
    5) Why sorin considering the lack of creatures overall? Is it for the emblem or -2? Wouldn't gideon ally or 3CC version be better? Elspeth 4cc version can be deadly with Mirran Crusader as well.
    1) I'm not planning to post in the Dead Guy Ale forum simply because i don't consider this to be dead guy ale. To me, it isn't REALLY dead guy if you dont have tide hollows and chrome mox.
    2) I'm currently playing 2 confidants actually. I dropped an inquisition and something else for it (escaping my mind what the other change was), and I think 2 is likely where I'll stay for the time being.
    3) Mirran Crusader is one of the most underrated cards in the format. I would never consider dropping them from this deck.
    4) Sneak and Show. The ability to dodge counterspells when put in off of show and tell. If they put in a griselbrand and you have a diabolic edict, they're just going to draw until hitting a counterspell and you lose. Also gets brought back by Liliana the Last Hope (I know there aren't any in the list I played at EW, but there's currently 1 in the main now.)
    5) Sorin was my choice because of his ability to block flipped delver of secrets. I don't like any of the gideons or elspeth 4cc in this build because it makes you HAVE to fetch out a dual land, and the matches you want them in are typically going to matchup where your opponent is also playing wastelands. The biggest strength of this deck in those fair matchups is the ability to wasteland them, and still have a mana base that is phenomenal against opposing wastelands.

I hope I answered all of your questions, and I'm always glad to talk more about this deck!
    "Oh so you're on Deadguy Ale" - Everybody I've ever played

Oct 2017
    Atlanta, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka1333 View Post
    Congratulations for your very good result with this underappreciated deck :) .

What do you think about Collective Brutality in your discard deck featuring Lingering Souls ? It seems to be a very good card in general.

Round 2: Moon Stompy (2-0)
    Game 1: I'm on the draw as he plays an ancient tomb and says go. I fetch for a basic and play a deathrite. He looks at his hand with multiple moon effects in it and i laugh as i fetch another basic next turn and vindicate the Chandra, Torch of Defiance he powered out on turn 2.

So your opponent didn't -3 Chandra to kill Shaman ?

Your jedi trick in Round 10 was really impressive and funny to read :) .
    I actually asked them that at the end of the match. They said they were just trying to apply pressure to me by threatening the Chandra ultimate. From his point of view, in game one. when I lead (i believe a delta or verdant) into swamp death rite, he should put me on some BUG or Grixis Deathrite deck. I don't believe he should be trying to play around Vindicate as opposed to having his only real threat in hand being chandra and getting her bolted by a grixis opponent.

And thank you! I couldn't believe it actually worked!
    "Oh so you're on Deadguy Ale" - Everybody I've ever played

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

It's semantics, but discard via Hymns, Vindicates, and Wastelands plus clock is essentially the back bone of Deadguy. I don't really think Sculler plus Chrome Mox is really a telling sign of the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Lmao that play against the ANT dude is golden.

Nicely done man.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Thread Information