Thread: [SCD] Earthcraft decklist challenge

Hybrid View

[SCD] Earthcraft decklist challenge

Let’s face it Survival isn’t going to be unbanned anytime soon, before Earthcraft, Hermit Druid or Mind Twist. Why? Because Survival is a perma-tutor, single-card engine. In a non-combo, aggro shell the card is fair, but why play a fair Survival.dec in the first place?

Moving on.. can’t wait. It’s Christmas every time a card falls off the Legacy B&R and Earthcraft is on my wish list.

4 Earthcraft
    4 Squirrel Nest
    1 Academy Rector
    4 Enlightened Tutor
    4 Green Sun’s Zenith
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    4 Birds of Paradise
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Land Grant

3 Bayou
    2 Savannah
    2 Dryad Arbor
    1 Tree of Tales
    3 Forest
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Verdant Catacombs

Looking like a glass cannon and definitely needs brainstorming but it’s a start.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSettler View Post
    Jesus H Cardsheet died for your NFC sins.

Unban Survival of the Fittest Activist
    Oct 2016
    Netherlands

Re: [SCD] Earthcraft decklist challenge

Concordant crossroads ?

I mean making infinite tokens is cool, but it should let you win on the spot rather then giving your opponent another turn to whipe the board. (At least thats how I see it)

Whats the idea behind the Land Grants? I only see that card when facing Belcher, which makes sense in that deck due to. .well belcher ;). I fail to see what it contributes here so please enlighten me with your logic.

If you are splashing white, then maybe Humility is a decent card to add? All your tokens are 1/1 without abilities anyway, it would also level the board as ''everything turns into a squirrel''. Humility is pretty bonkers with the current metagame anyway. (Use it myself in Enchantress and Deadguy)

I have a extemely casual squirrel deck myself that also runs essence warden. (arbor elf, utopia sprawls, 2 wirewood symbiote with the Druid lord that ETB's 4 squirrels [also really nice to rebounce him to your hand in upkeep so you don't have to pay echo but instead replay him for another 4 squirrels) I like Essence warden allot, the additional lifegain buys you time in general. Its also tutorable through your GSZ.

Last suggestion, which will be remarked by another if I don't do it, whats the reasoning with BOB over DRS? You are including Bayou, so you are in the right colours for him. You also run fetches yourself so I rather jump on the DRS hypetrain to make use of them rather then ''feeding your fetches'' to your opponent.
    Decks I own: 2x DnTx [B,G,R], Deadguy Ale, Maverick, Elves, Enchantress [WG/GU], Goblins, (Shardless) BUG, Food Chain, Aluren, High tide (reset/spiral), UR delver, RUG delver, Grixis Delver, Reanimator, Lands, Dark Depths (turbo / selesnya / hoogaak)

Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value. A.E. (1879 - 1955)

Apr 2014
    Bristol, UK

Quote Originally Posted by death View Post
    Let’s face it Survival isn’t going to be unbanned anytime soon, before Earthcraft, Hermit Druid or Mind Twist. Why? Because Survival is a perma-tutor, single-card engine. In a non-combo, aggro shell the card is fair, but why play a fair Survival.dec in the first place?

Moving on.. can’t wait. It’s Christmas every time a card falls off the Legacy B&R and Earthcraft is on my wish list.

4 Earthcraft
    4 Squirrel Nest
    1 Academy Rector
    4 Enlightened Tutor
    4 Green Sun’s Zenith
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    4 Birds of Paradise
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Land Grant

3 Bayou
    2 Savannah
    2 Dryad Arbor
    1 Tree of Tales
    3 Forest
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Verdant Catacombs

Looking like a glass cannon and definitely needs brainstorming but it’s a start.

I like this challenge.
    My first thought that popped into my head was Goblin Bombardment to abuse all the mini cannon-fodder-critters. As a result I was like "What's in red and loves forests....Orchish lumberjack!"
    Not sure how much the two plans "Have lands, cut down lands" would go together but hey, all is fun in trying to make straight GRw work!

Listy:

1 Dryad Arbor
    5 Forest
    2 Misty Rainforest
    1 Plains
    2 Savannah
    3 Taiga
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Wooded Foothills
    4 Blood Moon
    3 Concordant Crossroads
    4 Earthcraft
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Eternal Witness
    2 Goblin Bombardment
    2 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Orcish Lumberjack
    1 Ramunap Excavator
    4 Squirrel Nest
    2 Sterling Grove
    3 Sylvan Library
    3 Vexing Shusher
    The Doomsday Codex

We're catching bullets in our teeth,
    Its hard to do but they're so sweet.
    And if they take a couple out,
    We try to work things out.....

Meow.

Thank you for the feedback. The slot for Land Grant is debatable, I figured might as well throw it in there since it's a free spell that guarantees a basic Forest without hurting our life totals. We can actually cut lands from the deck, but the drawback would be the possibility of losing to an opposing Therapy after a reveal. I think we can cut ESG for Utopia Sprawl since they essentially net 1 mana with the latter having the option of going for B or W each turn.

Having ways to win on the spot that are tutorable via ET like Concordant Crossroads and Goblin Bombardment is great. However these cards don't carry their weight pre-combo. For this reason I think Humility is better as it will buy enough time to assemble. Same with Essence Warden, the pseudo-win via infinite life route makes me hard! Of course Plan A is to clear the path with discard before going off, the Warden acts as safeguard against a topdeck Decay (or sweeper). DRS is an upgrade as it will definitely shore up matches against GY strategies:

4 Earthcraft
    4 Squirrel Nest
    2 Utopia Sprawl
    1 Humility
    4 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Academy Rector
    1 Essence Warden
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Green Sun’s Zenith
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Land Grant

3 Bayou
    2 Savannah
    2 Dryad Arbor
    1 Tree of Tales
    3 Forest
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Verdant Catacombs

Quote Originally Posted by Doishy View Post
    I like this challenge.
    My first thought that popped into my head was Goblin Bombardment to abuse all the mini cannon-fodder-critters. As a result I was like "What's in red and loves forests....Orchish lumberjack!"
    Not sure how much the two plans "Have lands, cut down lands" would go together but hey, all is fun in trying to make straight GRw work!

Listy:

1 Dryad Arbor
    5 Forest
    2 Misty Rainforest
    1 Plains
    2 Savannah
    3 Taiga
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Wooded Foothills
    4 Blood Moon
    3 Concordant Crossroads
    4 Earthcraft
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Eternal Witness
    2 Goblin Bombardment
    2 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Orcish Lumberjack
    1 Ramunap Excavator
    4 Squirrel Nest
    2 Sterling Grove
    3 Sylvan Library
    3 Vexing Shusher

This G/R brew looks like it's going to give decks with greedy manabases a hard time. With BoP or DRS in place of ESG you can actually cut a Savannah or Plains since you only have 3 cards that are white. Also, 3 Sterling Grove and 2 Sylvan Library since the former protects your combo and is essentially a tutor for your missing combo piece.

Aug 2016
    Flanders

I'd just run classic GW(x) enchantress (Replenish, not Rip Helm), with 2 (max 3) Earthcrafts in it, definitely a Dryad Arbor, and mebi Sacred Mesa as a wincon. Also goes infinite with Earthcraft + Wild Growth/Utopia Sprawl, and still does something without Earthcraft (like with Serra's Sanctum). + they have flying. Doesn't need haste in this deck.
    Humility could also possibly be in this maindeck.

Unimaginative? Maybe

Classic Enchantress is classic solitaire. I've been waiting for that comment tbh. This thread is meant for a more explosive, cooler deck.

May 2015
    PDX

1x Earthcraft
    1x EE

2x E. Tutor
    4x Cabal Therapy
    4x Gitaxian Probe
    4x Ponder
    4x Brainstorm
    4x FoW
    3x Preordain

3x Monastery Mentor
    4x DRS
    4x Strix
    3x SCM

3x Usea
    2x Tundra
    2x Tropical Island
    2x Island
    1x Swamp
    9x Fetch

SB:
    3x StP
    1x RiP
    2x Flusterstorm
    3x Surgical Extraction
    1x Hydroblast
    1x Invasive Surgery
    1x Ethersworn Canonist
    1x EE
    1x JTMS
    1x Leovold

Take an arbitrarily long turn, making an arbitrarily large army that all has prowess.

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Classic Enchantress is classic solitaire. I've been waiting for that comment tbh. This thread is meant for a more explosive, cooler deck.
    (lifts finger up about to say something... walks away depressed towards a corner)
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

Apr 2014
    Bristol, UK

This G/R brew looks like it's going to give decks with greedy manabases a hard time. With BoP or DRS in place of ESG you can actually cut a Savannah or Plains since you only have 3 cards that are white. Also, 3 Sterling Grove and 2 Sylvan Library since the former protects your combo and is essentially a tutor for your missing combo piece.
    The idea behind ESG was the potential for hands such as T1 ESG -> Crossroads. Taiga - Lumberjack, sac Taiga -> Bloodmoon. Unlikely but possible.
    I wanted to try and keep it two colour to maximise Lumberman however the protection/tutor ability of Grove just seemed too nice to pass on.
    The Doomsday Codex

We're catching bullets in our teeth,
    Its hard to do but they're so sweet.
    And if they take a couple out,
    We try to work things out.....

Meow.

Thread Information