Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MossNought

Apr 2006
    Worcester/Boston, MA

Re: MossNought

I've been testing the original list online, but with +2 Vision Charm, -2 Snapcaster. Here are a few notes:

- I upped the Vision Charm count because they've been much more useful than I originally anticipated. In addition to serving as both enabler + protection for Dreadnought, they can phase out hate artifacts the turn before you go off, shut off enemy lands for a turn, or protect your duals (not Mosswort Bridge, unfortunately) from Wasteland. The last one is actually pretty important--with 4 Stifle, 3 Vision Charm, and 1 Reality Ripple, you have 8 ways to stick a Dreadnought, as well as 8 ways to neutralize Wasteland.

- Counterbalance has been underwhelming. It might be more useful as a 4-of to maximize the likelihood of landing it early on, but it's also been hard to stabilize with only 1 MD removal spell. I think more removal (Devastation Tide/Abrupt Decay), more consistent countermagic, or a few MD Show and Tell could take these slots.
    Last edited by iOWN; 11-15-2017 at 11:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggl3s
    Ya, your such an amazing player iOwn (should be changed to iPwn FTW) you surpass me with your amazing chalice 1 skillzorz

May 2015
    PDX

Vision Charm does not grant supertype Basic. If it is saving a dual from Wasteland, it is b/c you turned a non-blue dual into an Island and Dazed it back to hand.

Apr 2006
    Worcester/Boston, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Vision Charm does not grant supertype Basic. If it is saving a dual from Wasteland, it is b/c you turned a non-blue dual into an Island and Dazed it back to hand.
    Ah, right you are. Should've checked the errata more carefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggl3s
    Ya, your such an amazing player iOwn (should be changed to iPwn FTW) you surpass me with your amazing chalice 1 skillzorz

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    It hasn't been mentioned yet, but one thing that should be addressed is the synergy that Vision Charm has with Gurmag Angler and Tombstalker. Counting itself and, say, a fetch, you can put six cards into the graveyard immediately for one mana.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    Counting itself and, say, a fetch, you can put six cards into the graveyard immediately for one mana.
    Not quite. The magic number you can delve away with Vision Charm by itself without passing priority is 5 (Tasigur/Mandrils). Any competent opponent with DRS should know to eat the fetch before letting you have 6 in the yard and a newly-fetched land. While one extra card in the yard generally won't stop you, there is a much greater potential of sequencing poorly and opening yourself up to Surgical/Extirpate - beyond sequencing though, this deck has forced shuffle effects (Emrakul); self-mill to fuel delve is incredibly high variance.

Thread Information