Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What's wrong with Ravager Shops in Legacy?

Re: What's wrong with Ravager Shops in Legacy?

Thanks for the education guys.

I really hope this deck grows and thrives. I have a special fondness for colourless stompy decks (including stompy hybrid), and I also love to see tempo decks that are not good-stuff Delver variants (that's why I love Infect). What a fabulous format this is.
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

A Friend told me (after the MKM Series), that you are dicussing my deck here

I think it is funny, that most of you want to cut Vault Skirge, because this was one of the latest Innovations for the deck. In my opinion Vault skirge pushes this deck over the edge. Flying and lifelink is key for the deck. In addition to that it is a curve filler because it is the only one mana spell you can play without being punished by cov

We love your deck!

Thanks for Chiming in, that makes good sense about Skirts.

There is more discussion here:

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Ravager-Shops
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Thank you. To understand my build of the deck, you have to know that the engine of the deck is so big (the following list of cards is what i call the engine, because you need all of them to make the plan work), that almost all the other cards have to do more than one thing:

4 Walking Ballista
    4 Steel Overseer
    4 Arcbound Ravager
    3 Mox Opal
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Mishra`s Factory
    2 Inventor`s Fair
    4 Wasteland

Other cards:

2 Lodestone Golem Disruption and clock
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice Clock and Hatecard for strix and TNN
    4 Phyrexian Revoker Disruption and curvefiller
    4 Vault Skirge Lifegain, flying and curvefiller
    2 Hangarback Walker Combocard und resilient threat
    2 Karakas Mana and Answer to almost unbeatable threats

Faerie Godfather

Jul 2005
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
    A Friend told me (after the MKM Series), that you are dicussing my deck here

I think it is funny, that most of you want to cut Vault Skirge, because this was one of the latest Innovations for the deck. In my opinion Vault skirge pushes this deck over the edge. Flying and lifelink is key for the deck. In addition to that it is a curve filler because it is the only one mana spell you can play without being punished by cov
    Could you describe in more detail how you usually use Vault Skirge? It costs 2 life to cast so you need to hit for 3 or more damage for it to gain you any life and you need some pump effect for it to truly take over the game and it's still cold to removal. Is the plan of action to cast Chalice for 1, Skirge and then dump counters on it immediately off Ravager/Overseer? Do you often use it with SoFI to race? It seems to me like a decent number of the time it'd be just a 1/1 lifelink flier that costs a lot to cast and a terrible topdeck. It also makes turning your Mox Opals on slower than running a 0-drop in its stead. However, I can definitely see the appeal of Ravager + Skirge - I'm just wondering how it does without Ravager (since you only run 4 and little card selection on top of that), particularly when Overseers are answered? If you don't have Chalice against a removal rich deck, do you ever add stuff on top of Skirge anyways or do you just wait to dump stuff on it when they're forced to remove other stuff? How do you use it? I mean, what's the gameplan with this card?

all your questions depent heavyly on the matchup and the situation

Your all around game plan is to be an aggro or a prison deck

if you are the aggro deck, you Need to have an overseer, ravager or Golem maybe the sword Counts as well. Why vault skirge is good in conjunction with These Cards is selfexplaining Except for the Golem. If you "only" have the Golem, the games are normaly played at such a slow pace that a 1/1 skirge is totally fine (because you have already 6 power and a sphere effect)

if you are the prison deck, having at least a thorn or chalice the games are likely played at such a slow pace that a 1/1 skirge is totally fine, because in the top deck war under a disruption permanet my deck Plays better than pretty much everything else, which makes an evasive threat that may give you 1 or 2 more tomb activations is all you want. And it makes other topdecks even better

i hope this helps you to understand how to use the skirges. In many cases you wait for your Opponent to act first if you have a ravager

Thread Information