Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: [Official] the Source Secret Santa 2017 edition

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Re: [Official] the Source Secret Santa 2017 edition

My tracking says its in country but still en route to destination (for over a week now)

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

I'm happy to say that all packages are accounted for and that nobody has gone missing. Now it will be up to all the postal services around the world to make the final deliveries and have people confirm the arrival of the last packages :). So far, I'm very pleased with how this Source Secret Santa edition has been going and I would like to thank all the participants for their good spirits and participation. Hopefully this successful edition will open the door for another great event next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Pm'd UseLess!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

May 2011
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by UseLess View Post
    I'm happy to say that all packages are accounted for and that nobody has gone missing. Now it will be up to all the postal services around the world to make the final deliveries and have people confirm the arrival of the last packages :). So far, I'm very pleased with how this Source Secret Santa edition has been going and I would like to thank all the participants for their good spirits and participation. Hopefully this successful edition will open the door for another great event next year!
    Sorry to say... but my package seems to have been lost in the mail; I have been in contact with Mr Miagi about it and will be getting something together and resent for this Monday.

I was told that I was not able to get tracking on the package from my country to his but the lady seemed new and the whole shipping process took about 25 minutes as she seemed to have no clue what she was doing.

Once I ship again I will send yourself and Mr Miagi the tracking information if I can get it this time.

Package came in today and it's totally awesome! My wants list was pretty much "surprise me" and he nailed it!

https://imgur.com/m9sWzPI

Such lovely printing too on the letter though I dripped a bit on it with my wet hair. At the bottom it says it includes 'the best land I'm not playing' and I was sarcastically like 'this better not be a Cradle because I hate that card'. Bam! Rogue's Passage, maybe I'll cut Stage/Depths for that and get a free deck slot =p.

Council's Judgement was a card I meant to pick up for a long while but just kept forgetting it existed, going right into the SB, along with an extra copy of Garruk so I can play those sweet Wolfe tokens.

I love Sword of Feast and Famine! I was thinking of trying it again because Light and Shadow was letting me down but I couldn't remember where I put mine.

Merry (belated) Christmas!

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

Sorry to hear that the package you sent out got lost (most likely) Krasman, but kudos that you are on top of it and willing to send another package. On a more positive note, we got some nice new additions to the bragging thread, love it!
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

May 2010
    Central Pennsylvania

https://imgur.com/a/XVema

Thanks santa for making this my first successful source secret santa. I probably need that pridemage most as it's a 1-of in many maverick decks and I haven't gotten around to completing it but I'm a step closer now.

Long Live Maverick
    Dec 2012
    Kennesaw, GA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Rascalyote View Post
    Package came in today and it's totally awesome! My wants list was pretty much "surprise me" and he nailed it!

https://imgur.com/m9sWzPI

Such lovely printing too on the letter though I dripped a bit on it with my wet hair. At the bottom it says it includes 'the best land I'm not playing' and I was sarcastically like 'this better not be a Cradle because I hate that card'. Bam! Rogue's Passage, maybe I'll cut Stage/Depths for that and get a free deck slot =p.
    You haven't truly played legacy until you've fetched a Rogue's Passage end of turn with a Knight of the Reliquary.
    Tusk up.
    (Not so) Current Decks: GB Elves, GW Maverick, GWb Maverick, LED Dredge, ANT, TES, Jund Storm.

Predictor of Miracles
    Aug 2015
    Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by haganbmj View Post
    You haven't truly played legacy until you've fetched a Rogue's Passage end of turn with a Knight of the Reliquary.
    Might steal this as a signature quote, with your permission :)
    Quote Originally Posted by B88 View Post

People Use Statistics as a Drunk Uses a Lamppost — For Support Rather Than Illumination

Long Live Maverick
    Dec 2012
    Kennesaw, GA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Minniehajj View Post
    Might steal this as a signature quote, with your permission :)
    You can quote me any time, but especially on that since it's the truth.
    When Lingering Souls and True-Name got you down, do what I did and slap a Rogue's Passage into your deck then wind up playing against goblins 3 times in a star city open - winning 2 of those matches because of it.
    Tusk up.
    (Not so) Current Decks: GB Elves, GW Maverick, GWb Maverick, LED Dredge, ANT, TES, Jund Storm.

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

Now that we're well on our way into the new year and with Mr Miagi getting his (second) package, I'm happy to say that this was a highly successful edition of the Source Secret Santa!!! Hopefully last year's SSS will give some hope to anyone who was hesitant to join so that we can have an even bigger success next year. The arrivals of all but one package has been confirmed by their respective (happy) receivers and the final package did arrive according to the tracking codes. That means a 100% receival rate, which is absolutely awesome!

I would like to thank all participants for their participation, good communication and great holidays spirit. See you at the SSS2018!

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Just wanted to put it out there that I'm a little disappointed that my recipient never posted what I sent.
    -rob

Thread Information