Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Punishing Thieves

Re: Punishing Thieves

Any tips on the RUG delver matchup in the World of Wrenn?

I saw your data on the matchup...how much of that 18% match winrate was before Wrenn happened?

Any data I have posted is very much pre wrenn. My recent lists with goyfs have performed much better against RUG delver, though it is still the worst delver matchup if they are playing traditional lists.

The newer RUG lists are not playing as much stifle or goose and many RUG players are jumping to 4c. Both of these new delver variants are much easier than traditional RUG. Assassin’s trophy is REALLY good in these matchups, they blow up everything, even lands, which can be huge.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I'm taking your recent list to Eternal Weekend in Japan this Saturday. I'm pulling an audible to thieves after having been on BUG delver for a few months, which felt decent against all the UR Delver I was seeing, and had a good combo matchup with the discard. Back in the DRS era Thieves was my favorite deck, and I did quite well with it in no small part to your streams. I've been watching a bunch of your vids recently, and listened to some of your comments on podcasts about the format trending towards decks landing one knock-out punch. Anyhow...yeah, thieves is a blast. Thanks for everything^^

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfo View Post
    Any data I have posted is very much pre wrenn. My recent lists with goyfs have performed much better against RUG delver, though it is still the worst delver matchup if they are playing traditional lists.

The newer RUG lists are not playing as much stifle or goose and many RUG players are jumping to 4c. Both of these new delver variants are much easier than traditional RUG. Assassin’s trophy is REALLY good in these matchups, they blow up everything, even lands, which can be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfo View Post

Hi stryfo,

I'm moving on to your goyf list but still need a 2nd trop. What would be a good temp replacement? Extra bayou, grove or taiga?

I think if you don't have a second trop that misty is probably the best option, followed by verdant. Slightly worse against wasteland, slightly better in vaccuum.

This seems good with Dack Fayden's -2 ability...

Nov 2017
    Florianópolis, Brazil

Hello guys!

Anyone playing the deck this season?

I'm playing a lot on Magic Online. Several mistakes and several losses, but I think it's normal since I don't have any experience.

Is this thread dead?

Nov 2017
    Florianópolis, Brazil

One of the biggest complaints I read on this thread was that the deck did not have a quick way to close the matches after stabilizing. Now we have Uro... What do you think about the card?
    Last edited by spym4n; 02-17-2020 at 01:34 PM.

brutal

Thread Information