Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: [RIX] Rivals of Ixalan

May 2015
    PDX

Re: [RIX] Rivals of Ixalan

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

So this is what a creature with CITP Brainstorm would cost.
    Poor Magus of the Brainstorm doesn't even get tagged by Collected Company; he's also missing the instant speed bit.

Edit:
    waywardswordtooth.jpg

Initially, I completely dismissed it as an overcosted, GSZ-able Exploration. But then I noticed that it might have some application as a fight stick, namely with the GSZ-able Ulvenwald Tracker. That's probably still too cute, but since both parts are GSZ-able and not 100% completely useless on their own, it's worth mentioning. Maybe some kind of Loam deck could utilize it? Or some kind of Sylvan Plug variant - the mana cost would fit.

It also has synergy with Tireless Tracker. I'm sure people will test it in Valakut decks in modern since it doesn't die to bolt like Azuza does.

There's that "2G" stompy deck that could use some more explorations I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    There's that "2G" stompy deck that could use some more explorations I'm sure.
    It's certainly better than Azusa in that regard. Playing 3 lands a turn is a corner case, but more survivability certainly isn't.

Since they're both 2G and GSZ-able, it should pair up with Ramunap Excavator nicely. Swordtooth can also crew Smuggler's Copter while it's durdling around if that's your cup of tea. Aside from Ulvenwald Tracker and Copter, are there any other silly things you can do with a cheap big power creature?

Too bad it's not a "Dinosaur Beast" then it would be amazing with Contested Cliffs.

Mar 2007

Blood Sun let's Cloudpost enter the the battlefield untapped, which is rather nifty. You don't gain life from Glimmerpost, however.

How does this affect Vesuva, however? Does it enter untapped as a dud land?

Yep

bruizar

I like the enchant creature that flips when you flashback canal therapy, gives you another pop at your veteran explorer and ramps you from 3 to 8 mana in a single turn while providing your with a land that reanimated every turn

Oct 2013
    Berlin

Blood Sun let's Cloudpost enter the the battlefield untapped, which is rather nifty. You don't gain life from Glimmerpost, however.

A comprehensive list of what happens with Blood Sun on the battlefield
    TEAM MtG Berlin

"Dredge isn't a deck, it's public masturbation with graveyard triggers."

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    So dismissive.
    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    This thread is great. I've been able to save so much money on seasoning! Whenever I'm eating something bland, I just wander over here to borrow some of the infinite salt.

Mar 2010
    geneva, the frozen waste

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    I like the enchant creature that flips when you flashback canal therapy, gives you another pop at your veteran explorer and ramps you from 3 to 8 mana in a single turn while providing your with a land that reanimated every turn
    I ain't sure it fits in NIC FIT.
    Assuming you have cabal and explorer, you want to ramp on turn 2. Not wait until turn 3.

To overramp on turn 3 you need explorer, flip enchant and 2 cabal therapy (or another sac outlet like crop rotation or diabolic intent) that is quite a nut draw.
    I prefer the classic nut draw of 5 mana on turn 2.
    Also not sure if the land is what the doctor ordered, graveyard is under duress nowadays with all those pesky shaman running around.

We will have to test (gosh, testing janky cards in nic fit, who would have thought? )
    Quote Originally Posted by lorddotm View Post
    Magic would be a lot more interesting if more Punks played it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Wow, you're right!

That list doesn't look correct or comprehensive.

Gemstone mine comes into play without counters, and then can't be tapped for mana because that requires a counter. The sacrifice clause is part of the ability.

Horizon canopy also loses the card draw ability.

Lands like Murmuring Bosk, Scorched Ruins and Vesuva are not on the list.
    Last edited by rufus; 01-06-2018 at 01:51 PM.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    That list doesn't look correct or comprehensive.

Gemstone mine comes into play without counters, and then can't be tapped for mana because that requires a counter. The sacrifice clause is part of the ability.

Horizon canopy also loses the card draw ability.
    s not on the list.

Lands like Murmuring Bosk, Scorched Ruins and Vesuva are not on the list.
    Or Eye of Ugin, for the matter.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    canal therapy
    Sounds like what the Blood Sun crew was doing. Would explain why they didn't put it in Hour of Devastation.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Moon Stompy surely would play it.
    No it won't. Every deck has far too many outs for it to be worth the risk of dedicating 3-4 cards to play it on the first turn. And drawing a random card off the top doesn't mitigate that investment enough.
    For what it's worth... You were right and I was wrong.

Hah, well I think it can still be a flex spot for Magus or another lock piece depending on the meta for sure. Not sure if it'll be a staple based on the lists coming out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Thread Information