Thread: Modern dredge sb

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Modern dredge sb

I dont know who on this list plays competitive dredge. Last event i was at was syracuse, where i went x2-1, getting knocked out in the second to last rd on a draw. I havent played recently, especially since the humans thing started, or sincr eldrazi started putting less gy hate in the mb. I was hoping to get some ctiticism of my sb list. Here it is:

2x failure / comply
    2x lightning axe
    1x necroplasm
    2x destructive revelry
    2x maelstrom pulse
    1x ancient grudge
    1x ray of revelation
    2x stony silence
    2x suppression field

Ill disclaimer that i know having white cards in dredge is super odd, but they each address very specific threats in the meta. Dunno. Thats why I'm asking.
    We speak for no one, we hear no one, we see no one

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Re: Modern dredge sb

The dredge thread can be found here: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...3-Dredge/page3

Some sideboards are posted in that thread. I haven't played the deck in months so can't really comment on yours with any confidence right now.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Re: Modern dredge sb

I've been playing the deck quite a lot recently so am happy to discuss it, but I'm not sure what you're trying to ask? Personally I don't really see a reason to splash white. Can you elaborate on what it brings, are these effects that we couldn't get from staying in Jund colours?

Failure//Comply - I think we can get a similar effect with Driven//Despair. Vs combo the matchup is generally two ships sailing past each other, we're trying to goldfish a fast kill. Hitting a Despair to play turn three usually discards 3+ cards giving us plenty of time to kill them.

Necroplasm - I don't understand what this is for?

Stony Silence - Affinity is a very good matchup, we can play more Ancient Grudge which has more synergy with the deck. If it's for Relic I think we can just overload it.

Suppression Field - I assume you don't play fetches in this list then? I don't understand what matchup this is for either.

This is what I've played last - https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/833008#paper

3 Driven//Despair is for combo like storm, valakut etc. It's also reasonable to have a couple vs fair decks like BGx to grind more. It gives you a better 'play out your dudes' plan.
    2 Nature's Claim/Abrupt Decay/Ancient Grudge - reactive cards to fight hate, Claim for Leyline decks, Decay for Goyf/Shadow and rip from UW/Grudge for affinity etc, though all three crossover between a few matchups.
    2 Thoughtseize - more interaction for combo, we usually just need to buy an extra turn. These haven't been performing too well recently though.
    1 Gnaw to the Bone - burn, also matchups where you end up racing often.
    1 Vengeful Pharoah - not sold on this as a sb card, it's for GBx and Etron mostly.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Thread Information