Thread: Magic cards donation

Hybrid View

Magic cards donation

Hello! I am from Serbia and my husband is a magic player. Recently our house was set on fire and he lost most of his cards. If you have some that you don't need please send to our home adrress. Thank you.
    If you want to help please go to youtube and type : Sanja Pezelj Magic. Regards

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

Re: Magic cards donation

I mean... this is kind of a strange request, but if people want to help out a fellow Magic player, I don't see why not. In case you don't want to have to sit through the end of the youtube video, the address is:

Sanja Pezelj
    Banataska 30
    25000 Sombor
    Serbia

I have absolutely no idea if this is legit, but it seems like a pretty odd grift if it's a scam. It's almost Christmas, so if you feel like taking a gamble and being cool to a fellow human, go ahead.

Site Contributor

Feb 2015
    Detroit, MI

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    I mean... this is kind of a strange request, but if people want to help out a fellow Magic player, I don't see why not. In case you don't want to have to sit through the end of the youtube video, the address is:

Sanja Pezelj
    Banataska 30
    25000 Sombor
    Serbia

I have absolutely no idea if this is legit, but it seems like a pretty odd grift if it's a scam. It's almost Christmas, so if you feel like taking a gamble and being cool to a fellow human, go ahead.
    Does it matter if it's a scam? Plenty of more worthy donations to make and it's not like this is a request for food or shelter. Also, seemed like bulk commons. My house just caught fire, please donate milk crates of bulk common mtg cards... P. S. Please take out any milk.

Edit: don't mean to be a jerk but the degree to which this is likely a scam plus the oddness of the request (plus the minimal benefit) makes it an easy call.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Looks like thousands of commons. It's a strange request non the less. I am more concerned in aiding them to get their burned down roof & Co replaced asap (especially so close to Christmas) than bothering with some colored paper :/
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Aug 2007
    Williamsburg, Brooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Looks like thousands of commons. It's a strange request non the less. I am more concerned in aiding them to get their burned down roof & Co replaced asap (especially so close to Christmas) than bothering with some colored paper :/
    Perhaps two birds could be killed with one stone. After all, if a large enough quantity of cards is obtained, they can just use them to rebuild the house itself. A Christmas miracle, and Magic players dream all in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMycon
    It's really unfortunate that even a complete imbecile can learn. I guess you truly can't drive intuition out of anything.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    Does it matter if it's a scam? Plenty of more worthy donations to make and it's not like this is a request for food or shelter. Also, seemed like bulk commons. My house just caught fire, please donate milk crates of bulk common mtg cards... P. S. Please take out any milk.

Edit: don't mean to be a jerk but the degree to which this is likely a scam plus the oddness of the request (plus the minimal benefit) makes it an easy call.
    Or they have insurance and everything is fine on the house front (so there's no need to worry about that), but the woman just wants to do something nice for her husband b/c it might be hard to come by a metric fuckton of commons in Serbia and they're getting close to Christmas. Seeing as the average income there is incredibly low I don't think an MtG store would thrive there, since MtG is more of a luxury game than anything else and luxury isn't something you really can afford when your income most likely lies around 500 bucks a month (or 1000 if they both have a job).

That being said, I don't know whether this is a scam or not.
    Last edited by Echelon; 11-09-2017 at 09:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    the degree to which this is likely a scam
    So for the record, you think some lady found a recently burned down house with thousands of half burned Magic cards and decided to shoot a video in it so she could scam foreigners out of common cards? I mean, sure, could be I guess. Given the circumstances though, I think it's more likely that it's a just an odd but legitimate request for help.

Also, as far as worthy donations are concerned, I get the sentiment, but a lot of Magic players who might not have extra money to donate probably do have a metric fuckpile of random commons lying around.

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

Awww, now that's a very sweet thing for a s.o. to do. (You'll notice that I'm in the "likely not to be a scam"-camp.)

I recently donated tens of thousands of cards I found no use for any more to a local player that was just starting out with the game, but happened to overlook a small box of stuff that had accumulated over the last few years playing 2HG-Sealed. If the shipping rates to Serbia are reasonable enough, I'll send the box on its way to its new owner next week.

Site Contributor

Feb 2015
    Detroit, MI

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    So for the record, you think some lady found a recently burned down house with thousands of half burned Magic cards and decided to shoot a video in it so she could scam foreigners out of common cards? I mean, sure, could be I guess. Given the circumstances though, I think it's more likely that it's a just an odd but legitimate request for help.

Also, as far as worthy donations are concerned, I get the sentiment, but a lot of Magic players who might not have extra money to donate probably do have a metric fuckpile of random commons lying around.
    I could be wrong but

Anyway, please feel free to call me out on it if anyone sends them some cards and all goes well. My guess is it will turn into "just send a few $" because shipping is going to be more money than the cards.

Thread Information